Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Questions for KO4Life Server

This is a discussion on Questions for KO4Life Server within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Even if Turkish ip are banned.. there will still be alot of ppl who will try to cheat/hack. The only ...
Page: 3

Cool

Even if Turkish ip are banned.. there will still be alot of ppl who will try to cheat/hack. The only way to prevent that is to have a good anti cheat/hack program. One that updates weekly, so that the hackers will have a hard time cracking it.
    Also the server must have very active GM's who are not corrupted, so Devile/Felix.. chose your GM's carefully!

Btw, should make a topic about ko4life koserver rules like, what happens when some1 spams chat with a non-english language, macro, bugg abuse etc.. Do they get a warning first, bann or perm bann..
    Something like a FAQ.

Anyway.. should make a vote about this turkish IP ban.
    My vote would be yes, let the turks play!!!

You could always just allow turkish IPs then place bets on how long until the server goes down. That's one way to make some money.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

LOL i have to tell my story... this happened today

I started playing this private server, armor/weapons +8 and non-compundable uniques at +0. Today I got a ROL +3 from felk, which is probably like the only 1 on the server by now as it's a really drop rate. Since I was the only clanless person in the party, and the rest were all from the same top clan (turkish server, so turkish clan... but they all know me from usko somehow). So since I'm warrior (mages skills don't work, so didn't play mage), I decided that I should just give it to the assitant, since I don't need it, and well it's always respectable, and also a way to gain trust. So I did, gave it to them, they are all like ty kanka,... next thing u know, u get kiked from the pk party. I pm the guy i gave the ROL to,... he just says ty man.
    It's a private server, so I just LOLed on how selfish and self-minded they can be haha.

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    LOL i have to tell my story... this happened today

I started playing this private server, armor/weapons +8 and non-compundable uniques at +0. Today I got a ROL +3 from felk, which is probably like the only 1 on the server by now as it's a really drop rate. Since I was the only clanless person in the party, and the rest were all from the same top clan (turkish server, so turkish clan... but they all know me from usko somehow). So since I'm warrior (mages skills don't work, so didn't play mage), I decided that I should just give it to the assitant, since I don't need it, and well it's always respectable, and also a way to gain trust. So I did, gave it to them, they are all like ty kanka,... next thing u know, u get kiked from the pk party. I pm the guy i gave the ROL to,... he just says ty man.
    It's a private server, so I just LOLed on how selfish and self-minded they can be haha.
    So you wanted to buy urself a party spot with a item? :P

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by josri View Post
    So you wanted to buy urself a party spot with a item? :P
    Naw lol, I was a warrior, and I don't need the ROL +3... so I was like it would be fair for me to keep it since I got it, but since I don't need it, I gave it to them. It wasn't any bribery or anything, as they were the ones that kiked their own clannie so they can add me to the pk party cause they know me somehow from USKO. Once I gave it to them /kick,... and a simple way of saying BB. I guess it's their way of thinking that I was gonna ask for the item back or something lol, so why not just be selfish and ignore me, even though all i wanted was pk lol... but as I said, w'e, it's just a private server.

TheUnbeatable, that is why none of us plays on Turkish servers. Turkish servers are really great for our low-speed connections, however, most of them are being hosted by kids, and players are generally random idiots, and it takes out most of the fun. I personally give so much importance to Ko4Life KO, because I believe it will be a great server. By the way, cheating is almost came to an end in private servers. Almost everything is secured with the released some people made on Snoxd, Ko-Devs and Ko-Cuce. I jump between private servers right now, and I almost never see any cheaters. As for an example, there are many Turks in Euko, but cheating is pretty impossible there. Even in my personal server, we managed to set cheating to zero after several security additions, and our cheater logs were always empty. I seriously doubt Turkish problems would make ingame problems except spamming in Moradon. Tho, RisingKo already fixed it. The client mutes you for 1 minutes when you spam. (Usually 3 posts, in 3 seconds.) About the cussers and swearers, a "Cheater Report" section would solve everything if GM's be active and take true decisions. Hopefully we can get a reply from Devile quick. Ps. If there might be things I can help with progress please contact me. I'll be glad helping.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Turks being banned for cheating is not going to be the reason , it will be about prevent attacks to the server.

The Turkish ip bann is not up for public debate and will be spoken about by myself , Devile , and the 2 other project managers.

Server rules will be put up closer to a go live date.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    As for an example, there are many Turks in Euko, but cheating is pretty impossible there. Even in my personal server, we managed to set cheating to zero after several security additions, and our cheater logs were always empty.
    Ah... so you're one of those people.
    When the logs are empty, it doesn't mean cheating's impossible, it just means that you're not detecting them. To work around the hack tool logs, it's simple - just remove the DLL (EGRNAPX2.dll). Really, that simple. The client becomes invisible; the server thinks it's legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    I seriously doubt Turkish problems would make ingame problems except spamming in Moradon. Tho, RisingKo already fixed it. The client mutes you for 1 minutes when you spam. (Usually 3 posts, in 3 seconds.)
    Now there's something interesting to patch up at one stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Personally I think it's something that only myself , Devile and the other 2 project managers to talk about in private at a later date. For now the KO4life bann list and rules apply to any project , which also means people banned from these forum in the last 3 years will also be prevented from using the service.

On the banning thingie... I don't know why. But I see lots of people that are banned with no reason ( mostly oldies). Like Zink to give an example... you probably remember him from shinigami.

What will happen with those players if they want to join the project? And the ground they are banned on is still a ???? is it cause they haven't used their accounts for XXXX time or?

About turks, I love them. When you are nice to them they are nice to you... yes you always have some idiots like Heilus or others, but thats only a low % of the turkish community. The only reason why we think there are much more turkish cheaters etc than cheaters from other nationalities, is cause there are just way more turks.

If for example 2/100 german person use cheats and 2/100 turkish guys use cheats, but there are 50 german people and 1K turkish players there will be 1 german cheater and 20 turkish cheaters on the server. The quantity is the main reason for the prejudices against turks IMO. You can think different, but to me it's one of the main reasons that they are called "the bad guys" of ko.
    Last edited by simontjeuh; 12-15-2009 at 08:33 PM.

From my experience, percentage-wise turks have been bigger douches/kiddies than other nationalities I have encountered. Also, why would you want anyone banned on the forums to be able to play on the server? They are banned for a reason.

But you gotta admit, KO isnt KO without the turks.

HalfLife

Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
    But you gotta admit, KO isnt KO without the turks.
    As sad as it is, I must agree, as annoying as they sometimes can be, Turks fill up our servers, As much as I liked pking in the project KE server, many times you'd find yourself killing Atrosses for hours cause no one was online.

And many times i'd wish they didn't ban all those cheaters, cause as much as it was annoying to pk against cheaters, it was PK, and not killing mindless mobs...

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

The bann list on the forum database is rather large and I think is important to be moved over. The bann list will be the ip bann list so some players who were suspended by mods at one point will have a chance. However if you got an ip bann that means you been banned by an admin and your screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Ah... so you're one of those people.
    When the logs are empty, it doesn't mean cheating's impossible, it just means that you're not detecting them. To work around the hack tool logs, it's simple - just remove the DLL (EGRNAPX2.dll). Really, that simple. The client becomes invisible; the server thinks it's legit.

Now there's something interesting to patch up at one stage.
    Yeah, that part made me giggle, it took me under 10 minutes to bypass SOACs security system

Yea like makaveli said above, KO without turks just isn't KO. If we take a look at c-west (non turk server).. it was the most dead server in KO, everyone ended up quitting it because of lack of players for pk. Most of the turks are nice guys and fair players. The ones we see koxping are kids who usually never get past 60 and never really have an effect on our gameplay.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    01-28-2010, 07:34 PM