Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Questions for KO4Life Server

This is a discussion on Questions for KO4Life Server within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; The only scrolls I think that should be quite cheap are sw scrolls....
Page: 8

The only scrolls I think that should be quite cheap are sw scrolls.

Banned

buffers ftw

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    IMHO, I think scrolls should be more difficult to acquire, I mean they do destroy the buffer class for PvP, Rogues skip the support skill of swifting party... only scrolls of 1000hp and 150ac should be sold, sop that getting a buffer its considerable in PK, also for the undy.
    there will be buffers at pk just because no one can afford reskilling all the time.
    Ofc there will also be duffers and healers
    but we also dont want 100% buffer or do we?

Quote Originally Posted by FreekaleeK View Post
    +1

And i will be your bufer

No, let rogues still sw everyone like it was at old KO.

wawh

Swift sucks...

Every ice, every leg cut, every scream you gotta ask for it

SW pots should be the cheapest of all!

Yeah thats the exact reason, with buffs you need them for exp and pk and it changes the way you play. Sw pots just make it easier for you to run around.

I hope all of you QQing about how scrolls will kill the buffer class do not plan on using scrolls, regardless of how they are obtained, in pvp. If you are, then you're clearly just looking for some free kills of people who will use a buffer. I fully support scrolls being PUS-only to limit the supply, but then you got whiners who say "why do I have to spend real money on this game" (even if its only a few dollars for a full set) since people may not be merchanting scrolls for IGC, so if the people in charge of the project want to appease them, thats fine. But I won't be crying about how "scrolls will ruin buffers" because I fully intend to purchase scrolls from the PUS and be scrolled every time I go out for some pk.

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    honestly if people are using scrolls for xp that they bought from the sundries and not PUS anytime in the first month id be VERY surprised. between the cost of upgrade scrolls, pots, repairs, etc i HIGHLY doubt anyone will have the money to buy from the sundries.

in the end, buffers are NEVER useless. maybe for pvp, but never for xp. people dont want to waste their money, whether usd or igc, on scrolls when they can EASILY just find a buffer. in fact, paying a priest to reskill would still be cheaper than scrolls.

lets do the math to prove it.
    one buffer can keep an xp party buffed for easily multiple hours. we'll use 3 hours as the baseline for this.
    Cost to reskill to buffer and back to whatever class they were before is 29m, each reskill, at lvl 62. roughly 58m total.
    1 pack of HP scrolls-55m
    1 pack of AC scrolls-55m
    Total: 110m for 30 of each.
    That breaks down to roughly 3.6m worth of scrolls per hour just for priest buffs.
    Theres 8 people per xp party, so that 3.6m goes per person and equates to 28.8m PER SCROLLED PARTY PER HOUR. Xp for 2 hours? Now the total cost is up to 57.6m. 3 hours? Now you're up to 86.4m. And so on, for a max of 30 hours of XP costing 880m. Or you could have a dedicated buffer and save your xp party a lot of money, which could be better spent on upgrading.

i think ive thoroughly made my point that buffers are still very important, even with scrolls in the sundries. oh and all that math is assuming EVERYONE in ur parties can afford scrolls, and not just a couple of u in which case ud need a buffer anyway.
    +1 fully agree with this post, id rather see scrolls in sundries because then usd wont play a part as it did in usko. Also with those prices they will be hard to obtain, you wont see many ppl pking with scrolls.

Finduilas

Yeah thats the exact reason, with buffs you need them for exp and pk and it changes the way you play. Sw pots just make it easier for you to run around.

I would say everything the same ... just build up your ice resist.. xD

Maybe they can alter the swift? make it a small group buff (size of pc maybe?). Otherwise, just keep spamming swift.. xD Priests have to spam cure and ac/hp too xD

Cool

Hehe, this server is really ment for the old schoolers lol.. i think ppl who havent played UsKo b4 2005/2006 will have a hard time pking, becuz they are used to spamming scrolls.

A rogue MUST keep wolf up at all times, so rogues must stay close to warriors to AP them up.
    rogues have to swift their party every 2min in pk..
    If rogues dont have Ventrillo, then their party is fuked and expect +++++++ 1111111>>>> spam chat.

PK on this server will be so different than other priv servers, even UsKo..
    Things will go slower, but skill and teamwork means everything!!
    Everyone in party has its job, if 1 doesnt do his job correctly, then the party is dead lol

Anyway, i'm really gonna love the pk on this server!!! and will LOL somuch xD

ps: i just woke up, so dont mind my crappy english

Why is sharing allowed ? The pouplation on server will alredy be less than it should be thanks to this -.-

random question: will defense armors drop like they normally did back in the day??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brahman View Post
    random question: will defense armors drop like they normally did back in the day??
    yes, they will. they wont drop as much as chitin, but they will drop just enough.

HumanStupidityIsInfinite Senior Member xtommyleongx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loveya View Post
    Why is sharing allowed ? The pouplation on server will alredy be less than it should be thanks to this -.-
    Sharing should be allowed but at own risk...What major difference does it make to the population if they played on a different time zone or hours of the day? maybe just the number of accounts created on the server... everyone plays at a different time zone.... im pretty sure no one wants to share an account when his/her sharer that has the same time as them...

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    01-28-2010, 07:34 PM