Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 369

Questions for KO4Life Server

This is a discussion on Questions for KO4Life Server within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Not right now, but if eventually there's too many players, we will consider that posibility. Keep in mind a lot ...
Page: 13


  1. #181
    h4x0r Admin Devile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Not right now, but if eventually there's too many players, we will consider that posibility. Keep in mind a lot of spots are not the way they used to be and u'll prolly find more mobs and more spots to exp.

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ISRAEL
    Posts
    2,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ko4mylife View Post
    will it be able to buy premium / kc with ESN codes? (sorry if its already been asked.. didn't find it)
    answer pl0x

  3. #183
    Senior Member MeeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    2,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGhost View Post
    No, I am not. I am simply relying what I was told by the developers; however, if you found a solution to support high resolution/wide screen monitors then feel free to share it with us.
    Do your devs have the source code(s) to anything? If not then your fighting a lost battle.

    KO was coded by professionals, the standards have changed indeed, but the magnitude of a project like Knight Online is beyond most peoples idea. Id say its a work of highly intelligent people (the guys who originally coded it) and the monkeys are the guys who had no glue what to do with the source aka the guys who modified it in an attempt to fix something. Tens of thousands lines of code, of course its not perfect, but its far from "bad".

    The 2001 years source is what id call - amazing for its time.

  4. #184
    h4x0r Admin Devile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Disagree with everything you just said.

    Having the source code of a program makes your life easier in terms of making modifications and fixing stuff, yet that can be done without it. If not, nobody would be able to cheat in games or crack software so for example u dont need to use a valid serial to use it. There's a ton of different ways to change the way an application works without knowing a single line of code of the real source code. Sure, that takes far more time but still doable.

    As for KO, even for those old days standards, its junk.

    I dont know if u are someone who actually works in IT and knows about developing standards, project management standards, IT best practices, etc. or just talks from what u "think its right", but I been doing this for over 15 years and KnightOnline is far from a decent application, even under 10 year old standards.

    The only good thing about KO is it's gameplay. The client, the server, the database, the whole arquitecture, how it works internally is just horrible and I would be lying if I say this was done correctly. Even worse, many years have passed, several releases too and still we don't see a decent game but just the same old shitty application with 100 patches on top each other that usually end up bringing OLD bugs every now and then.

    If that's your idea of good code, then there's nothing much to talk about.

  5. #185
    wawh
    Guest

    Default

    idk about your knowledge about KO MeeP
    But using TBLs is a HUGE FLAW in your design lol

    Don't understand why they're still using it tho :/


    And well, the server files are shit because simply put, they're not the original ones
    Most of it are pieces leaked from the original and roughly putted back together again which is why you have so many stupid bugs to deal with... The client however, that's just welll how you say it... It look like a program from back in 1995

  6. #186
    Senior Member MeeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    2,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Disagree with everything you just said.

    Having the source code of a program makes your life easier in terms of making modifications and fixing stuff, yet that can be done without it. If not, nobody would be able to cheat in games or crack software so for example u dont need to use a valid serial to use it. There's a ton of different ways to change the way an application works without knowing a single line of code of the real source code. Sure, that takes far more time but still doable.

    As for KO, even for those old days standards, its junk.

    I dont know if u are someone who actually works in IT and knows about developing standards, project management standards, IT best practices, etc. or just talks from what u "think its right", but I been doing this for over 15 years and KnightOnline is far from a decent application, even under 10 year old standards.

    The only good thing about KO is it's gameplay. The client, the server, the database, the whole arquitecture, how it works internally is just horrible and I would be lying if I say this was done correctly. Even worse, many years have passed, several releases too and still we don't see a decent game but just the same old shitty application with 100 patches on top each other that usually end up bringing OLD bugs every now and then.

    If that's your idea of good code, then there's nothing much to talk about.
    Then you wont mind pointing out some specifics lines of code to show me why its internally horrible, with 15 years of experience should be a piece of cake. Koreans didnt make the base, they were the ones who "added 100 patches on top of it".

    Like i have previously said, it boils down to the ability to prevent bugs or fix them when they "show up".

  7. #187
    Senior Member Shurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeeP View Post
    Do your devs have the source code(s) to anything? If not then your fighting a lost battle.

    KO was coded by professionals, the standards have changed indeed, but the magnitude of a project like Knight Online is beyond most peoples idea. Id say its a work of highly intelligent people (the guys who originally coded it) and the monkeys are the guys who had no glue what to do with the source aka the guys who modified it in an attempt to fix something. Tens of thousands lines of code, of course its not perfect, but its far from "bad".

    The 2001 years source is what id call - amazing for its time.
    I'm not a developer in any sense of the word. I've been helping with this project, sure, but not doing much heavy-lifting (except for those damn SMDs) and even I can tell that KO is a flawed game. The structure just isn't logical whatsoever. No matter how you look at it makes no sense for the way they organized it. And add to that the client itself, which is horribly packaged and still includes hundreds (most likely, thousands) of files that the game doesn't even use anymore.

  8. #188
    h4x0r Admin Devile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeeP View Post
    Then you wont mind pointing out some specifics lines of code to show me why its internally horrible, with 15 years of experience should be a piece of cake. Koreans didnt make the base, they were the ones who "added 100 patches on top of it".

    Like i have previously said, it boils down to the ability to prevent bugs or fix them when they "show up".
    Some reading comprehension from your side will help have a decent conversation, otherwise I'm wasting my time.

    I dont recall saying I have the source code of this game. I merely pointed out that you dont necessarily need the source code to modify it. Since I dont have the source code, how on earth I can point "horrible" lines of code ? U don't make much sense.

    Also, I dont need the source code to point flaws in the design of an application. Hell, I dont even need experience in IT to point out flaws in KO. It's called COMMON SENSE. U can ask any user here and he'll point several problems with the game that are a direct result of poor developement, lack of quality assurance, proper testing, security, etc.

    I dont care if the Koreans made the game or someone from other planet. I'm saying the application is bad. Did I blame anyone for the horrible application KO is? Again, u aren't making much sense with your "arguments" here.

    I dont care if the code looks beautiful. Final result is a broken application that works pretty bad.

    Maybe you played a KO version (base code? huh?) "untouched" by the Koreans that worked flawless. I started playing this game when MYKO started and it was as broken as it is today so I don't know what you mean when u imply that the Koreans where the ones who fucked up adding all those patches. As far as I know, the base code or whatever u wanna call it, was as bad as all the additional patches Koreans added.

    The KO we all know is the one we played in MYKO and USKO. And those are junk. But if u say the "base code" existed and was good, well, guess we will have to take your word for it.

  9. #189
    jatokor
    Guest

    Default

    Will we be allowed to keep money on other accounts then our "main" account and/or will we be allowed to have other account for merchanting ?

  10. #190
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kanata eh?
    Posts
    7,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jatokor View Post
    Will we be allowed to keep money on other accounts then our "main" account and/or will we be allowed to have other account for merchanting ?
    Why wouldnt you? If the economy works the way its supposed to, people shouldnt have 2.14billion for a long...time

  11. #191
    Senior Member MeeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    2,254

    Default

    Common sense is that if you havent even seen the source you cant say it was badly coded purely based on playing the game. It just makes me wonder what does "15 years of experience" was about, obviously it had nothing to do with making mmorpgs.

    edit:With "base code" im referring to the version that the Koreans and god knows who else got it "as is".
    Last edited by MeeP; 01-10-2010 at 06:50 PM.

  12. #192
    h4x0r Admin Devile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    LOL. Several arguments and u reply with 1 line of more nonsense. Guess I was expecting too much.

    Not worth my time. I'm out.

  13. #193
    Senior Member MeeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    2,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    LOL. Several arguments and u reply with 1 line of more nonsense. Guess I was expecting too much.

    Not worth my time. I'm out.

    What do you expect? Your giving me some random babble about how you work in the IT field and delude yourself to understanding MMORPG programming.

  14. #194
    From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    Why wouldnt you? If the economy works the way its supposed to, people shouldnt have 2.14billion for a long...time
    where did the 0.04 of a billion come from? Pretty sure it was 2.1bil

    That leads me to the question, if you merchant and sell over the max will it go minus? I can't remember having that much money back in KO days so wouldn't know

  15. #195
    Senior Member SlmShady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EG4L View Post
    where did the 0.04 of a billion come from? Pretty sure it was 2.1bil

    That leads me to the question, if you merchant and sell over the max will it go minus? I can't remember having that much money back in KO days so wouldn't know
    I dont think it was ever an exact 2.1b max. Not that your merchanting question should be an issue, but pay attention when you set up your merchant, because even if it doesn't go negative, you will still miss out on some money when you hit the cap.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. Hits: 1
    01-28-2010, 07:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •