Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Questions for KO4Life Server

This is a discussion on Questions for KO4Life Server within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by tompsu turkish people should be able to play. There have been and always will be problems with ...
Page: 2

HumanStupidityIsInfinite Senior Member xtommyleongx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tompsu View Post
    turkish people should be able to play. There have been and always will be problems with them but are the other nations so much different? Plus i think that tukish community would give a life to the server, as the more ppl are playing the better the playing experience is for everyone else
    look at cwest... so called nonturkish server... but is the cheating and hacking there zero? nope

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

It is true, having the Turkish community in on this will extremely make the server populated to I would say without a doubt, constant 1k+ people, but then again it's my assumption. As simply said, the GMs will be the ones that will take care of the in game cheating that's done, you just have to make sure that the security of the forums/database is legit, so you are assured that no one will be able to mess it up.

Proud Retired KO-Maniac Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    It is true, having the Turkish community in on this will extremely make the server populated to I would say without a doubt, constant 1k+ people, but then again it's my assumption. As simply said, the GMs will be the ones that will take care of the in game cheating that's done, you just have to make sure that the security of the forums/database is legit, so you are assured that no one will be able to mess it up.
    As long as you have active gms on all day (different timezones) the ppl who cheats will get banned.. And to accept turkish ppl is a great idea, alot of turkish ppl are very nice, and gms will be on to ban those who cheat anyways..
    What the biggest issue could be. cheaters get banned and pissed..they might want to attack the server, either with ddos or try to hack the db. thats where most privateservers fail, they get shutdown by their own players.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zingery View Post
    As long as you have active gms on all day (different timezones) the ppl who cheats will get banned.. And to accept turkish ppl is a great idea, alot of turkish ppl are very nice, and gms will be on to ban those who cheat anyways..
    What the biggest issue could be. cheaters get banned and pissed..they might want to attack the server, either with ddos or try to hack the db. thats where most privateservers fail, they get shutdown by their own players.
    I know it won't prevent them from coming back, as they can easily proxy, but what could be implemented is an IP ban as well once their character is banned, that way the bans are on a more serious note.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

The server got attacked soley from a group of net cafes in Turkey. The people involed were causing so many arguments on here and when they could not have their way tey decided to do the typically Turkish thing and go compleatly extream and attack the server and forum. That attack cost Devile a fair amount of money due to the charges occured for down time of the other pages on the server. It is pointless saying it will make no difference to the server here. Devile is the one you need to talk too and trust me you'll be joining a long que of people.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Relying on GMs to handle a wild pack of turks is actually pretty bad idea. Truth is, if a GM with oldskool touch, sees some xxxOTTOMANATTATÜRK1453_TRRRRRRRRRRxxx doing smth wierd, powah - ban. Huge prejudice, dif in IQ (mostlikely), manners and language barrier. Getting turkish GMs, ok sure, but almost every turk i know, and i know alot, dont rly wanna mess with bunch of netcafe kids. And ofc the risk of corrupted GMs is somewhat higher when getting turkish GMs, prolly my prejudice speaking again.

If smth goes wrong and someone pisses of a wrong guy, then yeeeeey. Server being attacked again, we take counter messuares, word gets around in turksih communities, more attacks. Etcetc.

I rly wouldnt mind turkish ppl in ko4life. But we gotta analyze it a bit, if its rly worth taking the risk.

Finduilas

I'm obviously extremely noob at ip blocking and other internet stuff, but there's no way only a selected amount of turkish ppl can get on the server? Like by being "recommended" by a non-turk or sth?

Ima nub also, but it should be doable. Another way would not be blocking IPs for the server, but for the webpage. So selected country coulndnt register. I got tons of nice turkish friends who would wanna play (not cousin hoody tho). But it wouldnt be right if some do get and some dont. Atleast imo.

(prolly the first time anyone in this forum has seen me careing)

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

I vote for a general IQ test associated to the account creation formular, that changes randomly at will within every 2 hours, to determine their English skills. That way you'd pretty much, most likely get rid of all the non-english speaking people right away. Of course some would sneak through it every now and then, but the majority of the "SLM BABA, KURWA, PUTA MADRE" kids would be filtered out.

HalfLife

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    I vote for a general IQ test associated to the account creation formular, that changes randomly at will within every 2 hours, to determine their English skills. That way you'd pretty much, most likely get rid of all the non-english speaking people right away. Of course some would sneak through it every now and then, but the majority of the "SLM BABA, KURWA, PUTA MADRE" kids would be filtered out.
    That's actually not such a bad idea, maybe combining this with a personal keycode that should be given to each account that registers, and that test should be performed before every account registers, not only turks, that way you could eliminate stupidity from the server entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti
    An IQ test is typically done with a whole bunch of varying questions to piece together a fair "IQ" to the individual (as no one person is good at everything; giving them only a single question which they know nothing about [yet know more about another subject] is going to unfairly give them a low IQ).

Though, I'm not sure if you're referring to an actual IQ test here, or just some random question (which, a community of people who cannot understand can just log the question, have it translated and answered, and then have the questions & answers available elsewhere - and believe me, people bother to do that. I can imagine you-know-whos resorting to that also).

Anyway, this is all just expanding on the whole "ensuring they stay out" thing, but... just use a geolocation database. For the most part, it'll work fairly well.

It really is up to you whether you end up whitelisting IP ranges (ie: English-speaking countries), or just stick to blacklisting them.

What you could also do is ensure you check for proxies - for those who want to get around the limitations. Though doing it automatically is great, you might get false detections (the only drama) - when a user has a webserver running. So... perhaps pick them up, but not immediately ban on it - just throw them into a list for manual checking later? *shrug* Again, up to you.

Keeping people out is such a lot of effort...

Quote Originally Posted by HalfLife View Post
    that way you could eliminate stupidity from the server entirely.
    Let me tell you now; that is NOT possible. LOL.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Wasn't being entirely serious about it anyway. But come to think of it, a simple Question & Answer game based to determine the english skills of a user wouldn't be all too bad. Grammar related questions even, or a simple "form a sentence" really.

Obviously they'd go around logging it down, hence the random changes every 2 hours. If you say, have 15-20 of those sheets that randomly change every 2-3 hours, then replace the already existing ones once every 1-2 weeks, it would certainly give them some troubles and even after all that, if they still find ways to get around it.. heck, then let them play. The fact that they're that determined to play the server, might as well just give them a free pass on it.
    Last edited by schrotti; 12-14-2009 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    But come to think of it, a simple Question & Answer game based to determine the english skills of a user wouldn't be all too bad. Grammar related questions even, or a simple "form a setence" really.
    The only problem I see with this is that English speakers will probably get the questions wrong too (see end of my previous comment!). :P

S> premade accounts, 30$

Or better yet, lets put it up on PUS, for ytl's

Quote Originally Posted by Magyk View Post
    S> premade accounts, 30$

Or better yet, lets put it up on PUS, for ytl's
    ...and that's where geolocation *really* comes in. Restricting by country, or even ISP.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    01-28-2010, 07:34 PM