Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Questions for KO4Life Server

This is a discussion on Questions for KO4Life Server within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; why did you remove the select char?...
Page: 23

Banned

why did you remove the select char?

Quote Originally Posted by jatokor View Post
    Q: Could you make a topic where you'll be posting what which patch changes and fixes? Just for us to know.

Well, I personally don't see any problem with that. Probably not for open beta since patches might be coming fast and we'll be, more or less, testing things. When we go live though, I see no reason why we couldn't.

why did you remove the select char?
    To prevent a few bugs.

Flipken

Hi all, its been many years since i visited this board and i am very interested in such an ambitious project.

A few questions i would like to ask (excuse me if they have been asked as i didnt find them using search)
    1: how is the xp rate and leveling ? as in superfast or closer to usko rates (im a working man with a non gaming attitude gf)
    2: will there be a sort of balancing system between races ? (usko xig was 10humans for every orc ratio and most private servers too)
    3: can something be done about other players being royal pricks to me ? (ages ago i hated dealing with ksing/ tradespamming/ luring/ and people seeking private relations with my whole family and such )

Kind regards,
    Flipken

Quote Originally Posted by Flipken View Post
    Hi all, its been many years since i visited this board and i am very interested in such an ambitious project.

A few questions i would like to ask (excuse me if they have been asked as i didnt find them using search)
    1: how is the xp rate and leveling ? as in superfast or closer to usko rates (im a working man with a non gaming attitude gf)
    rates r going to be really hard, but still easier than USKO ones
    2: will there be a sort of balancing system between races ? (usko xig was 10humans for every orc ratio and most private servers too)
    if it's unbalanced, then I'm sure GMs/Admins will do something
    3: can something be done about other players being royal pricks to me ? (ages ago i hated dealing with ksing/ tradespamming/ luring/ and people seeking private relations with my whole family and such )
    tradespam and luring will be bannable... KS is a touchy part and we still got no official response about it

Kind regards,
    Flipken
    hope it helps :]

Banned

doesn't eslant suppost to be 40+? why is it 60+?

in how much will the exp get lower in official? for example i get about 60k from harpy atm, how much will i get in the official?

lopezik

With premium 30% it should be like 50-55k.

If im not wrong xD

Quote Originally Posted by ko4mylife View Post
    doesn't eslant suppost to be 40+? why is it 60+?

in how much will the exp get lower in official? for example i get about 60k from harpy atm, how much will i get in the official?
    if its 40+ alot of people will exp in eslant which could make cz pretty dead and not fun

Quote Originally Posted by silentdj View Post
    if its 40+ alot of people will exp in eslant which could make cz pretty dead and not fun
    that's why EXP in CZ should be higher

as for Eslant it was already asked in bug section...

BTW does anyone get random dc's from server? say im in a exp party for 10 hours i will dc say once every few hours, its not my internet and it sais the account is in use when i relog, kind of annoying
    Last edited by silentdj; 01-20-2010 at 04:52 AM.

xAndyx

Guess someone already asked it, but if it's no bother i'll ask again:
    are unix compoundable? if so, what is the highest + and how bad are the rates? (hope they aren't :P)

ofc uniqs compoundable, highes is either +3 or +5 (+5 is almost impossible to achieve) and idk about the rates.. they should be pretty hard beacuse its meant to be hard server

yeh, but rates are 100% to +3
    atleast they should be

for uniques yes but not for normal accessorys

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Ok now I have few questions.

To start off with. It seems to me that this isn't the really first version of the KO. I know you guys worked hard, however. It's obvious to me that you guys have a MYKO database for private servers. When assasin drains a warrior for example for 400 damage you get healed for 400. Drains are healing only on MYKO databased private servers. That was 1 of my first observations.

2nd: There is no cursed upgrade scrolls as there were in the first KO.
    3rd: By my research on the server this is a KE server and it's modified to look like old KO with adding new maps (old ones actually) and editing some things.
    I know that is KE for several reasons: - +8 weapons droping on worms and stuff, that weren't there in old KO
    - some quests are still present from KE like getting training weapons at the start (dagger with 46 ap) and some more like nameles warrior etc etc.
    - npc for beginner armor upgrade quest requires cursed upgrade scroll but you can bring him low quality jewel, that was new in the KE not old KO 1 more fact that it's modified from KE.
    4th: eslant entrance is 60+ (another Ke update not KO)
    Questions:
    -I was wondering if you will make it even more primary, with cursed upgrade scrolls like old KO?
    -Take out the +8s and all those weapons from beginner monsters?
    -Make anvil rates exactly the same as in old KO. I remember making +5 items with cursed upgrade scrolls easy (relatively) now you can't make +3, hardly +4 with normal upgrade scrolls.

So ye this is kind of a mess with the anvil. I remember on xigenon in the old times. We were making like +6 sometimes with cursed scrolls or +5 than we uped to +6 with bus that was usually working

Anyway looking forward for some answers, peace

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    Ok now I have few questions.

To start off with. It seems to me that this isn't the really first version of the KO. I know you guys worked hard, however. It's obvious to me that you guys have a MYKO database for private servers. When assasin drains a warrior for example for 400 damage you get healed for 400. Drains are healing only on MYKO databased private servers. That was 1 of my first observations.

2nd: There is no cursed upgrade scrolls as there were in the first KO.
    3rd: By my research on the server this is a KE server and it's modified to look like old KO with adding new maps (old ones actually) and editing some things.
    I know that is KE for several reasons: - +8 weapons droping on worms and stuff, that weren't there in old KO
    - some quests are still present from KE like getting training weapons at the start (dagger with 46 ap) and some more like nameles warrior etc etc.
    - npc for beginner armor upgrade quest requires cursed upgrade scroll but you can bring him low quality jewel, that was new in the KE not old KO 1 more fact that it's modified from KE.
    4th: eslant entrance is 60+ (another Ke update not KO)
    Questions:
    -I was wondering if you will make it even more primary, with cursed upgrade scrolls like old KO?
    -Take out the +8s and all those weapons from beginner monsters?
    -Make anvil rates exactly the same as in old KO. I remember making +5 items with cursed upgrade scrolls easy (relatively) now you can't make +3, hardly +4 with normal upgrade scrolls.

So ye this is kind of a mess with the anvil. I remember on xigenon in the old times. We were making like +6 sometimes with cursed scrolls or +5 than we uped to +6 with bus that was usually working

Anyway looking forward for some answers, peace
    I wouldn't worry about the little things like that as they have pretty well no affect on the game, i agree though that the anvil is slightly harder than i remember >.< but yeah you shouldn't be worrying bout those little things, i like having the +8 weapons etc dropping.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    01-28-2010, 07:34 PM