Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

General Consensus

This is a discussion on General Consensus within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Hello, everyone-- I'd like to take few minutes of your time to read the following post throughly and without looking ...
Page: 1

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

Default General Consensus

Hello, everyone--

I'd like to take few minutes of your time to read the following post throughly and without looking for any hidden reason.

There have been a lot of discussions lately regarding to server itself, anti-cheat engine, unprofessional punishments and among other things so I'd like to clarify few things to address your concerns.

Anti-Cheat Engine

As said previously in other thread(s) we will be making few adjustments to our anti-cheat engine and the way it recognizes a cheat engine to lower the possibility of false positives and wrongful suspensions. However, let it be known that the engine itself has been quiet powerful against those who truly cheated and deserved a ban but again with the information we are gathering from Open Beta adjustments will be made.

We have disabled automatic ban issued by our anti-cheat engine while we make the necessary adjustments to its false positive detection.

Server Feedback

Unfortunately it is impossible to please everyone; however, we do our best to do that but we also need the support of our members...It sadness me to say that every time I log on to the forums, there is always constant flaming, swearing, and other immature actions towards the people who are working around the clock to deliver what M-Game and/or K2 Network couldn't. It wouldn't hurt to have some posts supporting our cause instead of bashing it in almost every post we make.

With that said...We are closely monitoring the feedback we receive from our players; however, if you truly want your voice to be heard then it is in your best interest that you do it politely and give a reason as to why we should do it.

Example:

Exp rate sucks! - This is NOT a feedback and it will be ignored.

I personally believe that the current exp rate is underwhelming because [insert your reason] and for that reason it should be increased to [what you have in mind]. - This IS a feedback.

I think sometimes people are forgetting the fact that all of this is being done when we are done with our daily responsibilities (college, job, family, etc.) and this is something we do on our spare time. I do not wish to speak on behalf of others but I already have enough drama as it is in my own life and I really don't need any e-drama especially from this forum. There have been many times when I asked myself "Why am I doing this?", "Is it really worth it?" so keep us in-mind when you are posting.

Unprofessionalism

First of all, I'd like to apologize to Grosman due to unprofessional punishment he received regarding to a name change and let it be known that an action like that will NOT be performed against any player from now on. We've been doing our best to keep things professional from step one but we are also human beings so we kindly ask that you keep that in mind while you are addressing an issue.

@Grosman: Please send me a private message including a new name you would like to use during the Open Beta and I will see if you can be given that name (provided that no one has taken it in-game already).
    Last edited by SuperGhost; 01-19-2010 at 03:35 PM.

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

i think the apology is commendable, this is the start of good gm-ship.

BUT.

drama wil always exist when people actually play the game. how long have you seen the general chat being stirred up? KO was dying until now, this proves something. there will be more and more dramatic threads coming on, so i say get used to it :P

its diez of our lives once again.. have to say i kinda like this.

We are well aware of that. Yet, it doesn't hurt to ask for some consideration from some people who have decided flaming is a better way to communicate with us.

Right now, less than 20% of the information posted during Open Beta can be considered feedback. Eventho it's nice to see the forum with a lot more activity than in the past 12 months, we still need information from you guys to improve. All this effort is for you, and if you guys can't tell us properly what you want and need, there's not much we can do.

If we can get that information with respect, without constant flaming and insults, that would be great.

Also remember this is a beta and its in constant work in progress. In terms of the game server but aswell as the TEAM behind it. We are working very hard to improve all aspects of this new server and that includes our staff.

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

So this guy got banned twice on forums, reason koxping in beta however hes still online?

The Exp Rate that it is at the normal one is what i would expect to get when buying Best Premium Example (just example) Lvl 50 mage in harpy should normally get like 37k
    40k with low prem 45k with highest plat IMO

With that being said i believe that the server should montiored by gm and allow full clan nation transfers from time to time to keep server even because no one wants all the human or orcs in cz kill nothing but air... so the balance of the server should be the constant battle of the Gm other than that all seems well in the life of Ko4lifeKO

And i know u here this all the time but Setting date for offical is a Huge deal at least it is for me and my clan we want offical server Date so we can get schedules right for exp n such ..but also We want the Server out ASAP but not Shit server We respect the fact of fixing all the bug and Getting the Panel up so take ur time but not ur sweet time xD .....

Last but not least NP symbols are off the server need a restart for Np symbols to fix so maybe set a time for beta restart so that symbols will fix and stipens will be given accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by lIIIIIIIIIIl View Post
    i think the apology is commendable, this is the start of good gm-ship.

BUT.

drama wil always exist when people actually play the game. how long have you seen the general chat being stirred up? KO was dying until now, this proves something. there will be more and more dramatic threads coming on, so i say get used to it :P

its diez of our lives once again.. have to say i kinda like this.
    I have been a moderator for some time now and I have been dealing with constant flaming/swearing from day one but I am used to it at the least. However, especially since the beginning of this project those flaming have increased drastically and that needs to stop.
    Last edited by SuperGhost; 01-19-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by josri View Post
    So this guy got banned twice on forums, reason koxping in beta however hes still online?
    We are fine tuning our anticheat since we found a few false positives. Hence the remove of certain bans from the game and forums. We will manually take care of some ppl from now on until we feel the anticheat is working properly.

I won't get into details about who did what or why is he playing again, but if you see anyone cheating, just report it to an ingame GM.

xiahou_yuan

OK I will try to "cool" down a bit, but hey, I did wait for 2 days and I hadn't gotten an answer why my friends got banned, if U had said " We will look into it" in your first post it would have made things a lot easier, all u said was " they deserved ban".

and also I would like to say 1 more thing to the other users, pls stay out of things if you don't have anything to add, I was trying to resolve a simple problem but all I heard from other players is things like stupid turk, or they got banned for a reason, bla bla.
    for now, I'll just wait till the anti-cheat is fixed.

from: The guy who just wants to have fun playing a game with friends!

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

i do think manual ban is sufficient in this server. its not that hard trying to catch somebody who koxps and for the other illegal shit like duping/etc it wil become obvious once that person has +8 items popping out of nowhere. but since its manual banning, i say there be no second chances at all because obviously no false positives in this case.

Yes and no.

Dumb cheaters are easy to catch. Smart cheaters will use secondary accounts with different ips to farm and then move the items/coins arround. Sure we can track them, yet, if it's manual and there are hundreds of them doing the same thing, it can take a while til we ban them. The minute those items/coins hit the market, the economy gets hurt and there's no undo to that.

We can't rely just in manual bans. We need other tools to help us catch cheaters and be efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by perfection V2 View Post
    Last but not least NP symbols are off the server need a restart for Np symbols to fix so maybe set a time for beta restart so that symbols will fix and stipens will be given accordingly
    I agree with perfection that there should be a scheduled restart/maintance which ever you wish to call it every so often.

Also if there isn't already a schedule for wars.

but so far good job on the server keep it up.

seems like mods doing good job go for it ghosty

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGhost View Post
    I think sometimes people are forgetting the fact that all of this is being done when we are done with your daily responsibilities (college, job, family, etc.) and this is something we do on our spare time.
    I had no idea the staff was so involved with the community. :X

Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    I had no idea the staff was so involved with the community. :X
    And I had no idea that you would pick on that instead of posting your opinion on the matter.

Nevertheless, typo is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGhost View Post
    And I had no idea that you would pick on that instead of posting your opinion on the matter.

Nevertheless, typo is fixed.
    I thought all this stuff was common sense. The kids who are flaming/crying/making dumb threads probably won't read this or won't care about it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast