Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Repercussions of a public panel.

This is a discussion on Repercussions of a public panel. within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Disagree with Alpha, agree with MeeP. I really hope this server will be launched with auto-registration asap. Id really like ...
Page: 2

HEYTOUSTI

Disagree with Alpha, agree with MeeP. I really hope this server will be launched with auto-registration asap. Id really like some answers about issues using autoreg or other options to get this server up and running.

Honestly, you guys have no clue what I wrote. I only listed the possible ramifications of using a public panel. I never said anything about just a registration page, nor have I said anything about an auto register feature. There is no disagreeing with me, because I do not have an opinion posted in the topic.

What I kind of figured by the announcement was that they don't want to use just a registration page or an auto registering system. They wanted to go for the "professional" look by having a good looking secured fully functional panel. Not just to get YOUR dick growing by playing the private server which could result in all their time, work and money lost.

Noxn

we are completely aware of the risks, and for that I do not believe it will be good to set up an unprotected ko panel . I do believe that if we make a script that makes accounts as it did in beta, and just leaving ko panel for later , it will be good . . We dont need the ko panel for now

Rainey

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBringer View Post
    But Knight Imperia is shit also xD!
    Same shit as you, that mean really really shit. I know it.

Quote Originally Posted by mythlost View Post
    I love all the people that know jack shit about coding, kopanel , ko query, and the ebenezer are posting that he is wrong.
    And who might they be?

GameOnAMigit

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    From what I remember the Turks have threatened to do so once the server was opened right away due to the "racist" act towards them. So yes I do believe so.
    There is also full on turkish servers, so if they don't use what little percent of their brain that they have i geuss they'd spend days even weeks trying too hack them inside their little fukin cafe. lmao

I'll have too agree with the person who created this topic, though i would much rather prefer have an auto register system and get too play. I couldn't give a damn seeing whose online.

IamOne

Should do like some servers did put user ranking and all that shit ingame on a NPC

Quote Originally Posted by IamOne View Post
    Should do like some servers did put user ranking and all that shit ingame on a NPC
    No they dont have to do anything like the rest of the private servers .
    Infact this is very wrong way of thinking . I dont know what the final product will be , but if the most of it is costom made, will be good .
    Costom made stuff are harder to make and they are allways better . Those who bitch about using regular panel , auto registration and other fast messures dont have any idea what they are talking about .

....if you have a problem,if noone else can help,and if u can find em,maybe you can hire....THE A-TEAM !

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    From what I remember the Turks have threatened to do so once the server was opened right away due to the "racist" act towards them. So yes I do believe so.
    Why they haven't tried hacking the beta? 1. There is no plausible way of SQL injection with out a web server that's connection to an SQL Data source. 2. The Ebenezer exploit that allows for a special RDP user to be made is not public. I highly doubt some lonely little turk has it, and will use it on this server.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe
    This coming from the guy that voted against the KO public panel. I'm with Meep on this I will 100% disagree on this as it's just a biased explanation. I can only honestly think of like 5 cons while thinking of at least 10 good pros. It's been over 3 months and the server hasn't been hacked in any sort of way, so why not have an option of using auto registration?
    Yes of course I would vote against a public panel, they're full of sloppy coding inefficient, and have coding flaws that allow for SQL injections. How can you put the security of the server at stake for a few days of game time? If you can think of a pro to add for using a public panel by all means tell me. I would love to hear why this one pro is so special they have use an insecure panel. I can not understand your logic here. Now, as for the auto registration option. It was not listed in the poll, so why would I bring it up, sure an auto registration procedure would be nice but lets be honest here it probably wont happen. From the looks of it they want a panel and would hold off the server to get one. More props to them, I love panels.

But the thing I can guarantee you is, if they use a public panel the server will be hacked quicker than you'd catch the herps from a two-dollar Asian whore.

hoody

thats funny to see those people who were licking my ass to help them, now talks about "Shitty Knight Imperia".
    maybe we arent pretty server in your opinion. but at least we do have our security we arent getting hacked ,we dont have any annoying bugs and the server is OPEN.

i really dont know why you guys always try to compare us with ko4life.they are not our enemies or rival.so stop it thats not cool.

one more thing I would like to point out.No offense to ko4life admins and their skills but have you guys ever consider that even strongest panel and server can get hacked ? or they can suck ?

you guys just just dreaming about pretty server where you can get support in a second and notice no bugs.just open your eyes and realise the truth.

thank you

Rodrane
    Knight Imperia Admin.

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rainey View Post
    Same shit as you, that mean really really shit. I know it.
    You rly have to flame me? Dude you know i'm right. But do what you want i can't force u not to flame me since your a adult person as I. If you are really a grownup then act like one and stop making stupid posts and flame others.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Why they haven't tried hacking the beta? 1. There is no plausible way of SQL injection with out a web server that's connection to an SQL Data source. 2. The Ebenezer exploit that allows for a special RDP user to be made is not public. I highly doubt some lonely little turk has it, and will use it on this server.

Yes of course I would vote against a public panel, they're full of sloppy coding inefficient, and have coding flaws that allow for SQL injections. How can you put the security of the server at stake for a few days of game time? If you can think of a pro to add for using a public panel by all means tell me. I would love to hear why this one pro is so special they have use an insecure panel. I can not understand your logic here. Now, as for the auto registration option. It was not listed in the poll, so why would I bring it up, sure an auto registration procedure would be nice but lets be honest here it probably wont happen. From the looks of it they want a panel and would hold off the server to get one. More props to them, I love panels.

But the thing I can guarantee you is, if they use a public panel the server will be hacked quicker than you'd catch the herps from a two-dollar Asian whore.
    Exactly my point, thus why an auto registration would be fine. Yes I know the poll is screwed up as it doesn't include it, but in a sense I was thinking the people would get that sort of impression as it's the same end results they want.

Banned

2. The Ebenezer exploit that allows for a special RDP user to be made is not public. I highly doubt some lonely little turk has it, and will use it on this server.
    It is public and it has been fixed.
    Besides a program to sort out unneccessary packages would be enough even without a fixed ebenezer.

All the panel bullshit is a matter of access configuration.
    Easily done with IIS7. You can have 127389789 exploitable bugs in your panel, if you dont give write access nor execute access, jackshit will happen.Even if you dont know how a filter of special chars is fine enough aswell.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast