Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Server Files Information

This is a discussion on Server Files Information within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by tompsu There are memory editors that are pretty easy to use, but there have been servers with ...
Page: 2


  1. #16
    Senior Member SSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AUSTRALIA!!!
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tompsu View Post
    There are memory editors that are pretty easy to use, but there have been servers with the same defense and it worked pretty well.

    The best defense would be a program that detects if you have something linked with your Client. If you do, you DC. But i don't think its easy to make a program like that, or if it's even possible to make one.
    yeh friends server DC's you if it detects any hacks (then ppl complain to gm's "they get dc, something must be wrong..." then proof that they got kicked pop's up so everyone knows they hacked or attempted to)

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SSlayer View Post
    yeh friends server DC's you if it detects any hacks (then ppl complain to gm's "they get dc, something must be wrong..." then proof that they got kicked pop's up so everyone knows they hacked or attempted to)
    Sounds more like the method Iamcool is using here, with the addition of a live disconnector and a tweaked INSERT_HACKTOOL_USERLOG procedure to insert a row into the table the tool uses for grabbing a list of players to disconnect.

    From memory, Reallizt posted a guide so that people can implement it themselves.

  3. #18
    Senior Member Aristona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    589

    Default

    We had same thing on our server, but we never enabled "Auto Disconnect" feature. The reason is, if we enable it, people try to login with cheats. As soon as they get disconnect, they do something different and try again until they can find a bug to bypass logging. My vote would be "enabling this addition", but keeping "Auto Disconnect/Ban" feature off; as well as putting this to "Volunteer/Dedicated Panel" on website. Detail: The few truthful members the admins choose, will be able to enter "Volunteer Panel" on website. They will be able to see the cheater logs. (just the character name, hacking attempt count and dates) If they want, they will be able to ban these users by clicking on their names. To prevent abuses (unlikely to happen, but more security doesn't hurt) the database will log the "Vounteer ID, The banned character, and date." It will be shown on "Admin Control Panel" on website, so the Admins and Game Masters can control if there are any mistakes. We had this system on our server and it worked pretty well. Low level random cheaters won't be a problem, because your community will know that they will be banned in few minutes. (They didn't even bother reporting the cheaters to be honest.) To be more and more secure, Aujard/Login Server logs (forgot which one contains it) can save Cheater's IP, controls if they "ever logged in with different account" and reports it to admins. It is good against the players who "koxps/macroes on his secondary accounts."

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristona View Post
    We had same thing on our server, but we never enabled "Auto Disconnect" feature. The reason is, if we enable it, people try to login with cheats. As soon as they get disconnect, they do something different and try again until they can find a bug to bypass logging.
    I disagree.

    Back on KO Crusade I made use of the feature, and (only after a series of checks to eliminate any potential false detections) had them disconnected & banned. The fact that they're logged (and I was a freak on logging; so just about everything useful was logged) meant that I could now and then go over and check to see if there was any new accounts from people playing on IPs with banned accounts - and even easily, if they'd attempt to bypass the checks.

    They'd re-register, but most didn't make too much of an effort to try cheating again. After a while, I implemented a couple of rules to lock out IP addresses after, if I recall, something similar to the 3-strike rule. A few cyber cafe owners had to PM me about it being a cyber cafe [which I double-checked first] that I had banned, after which I'd remove the ban and lift the restriction (by marking it as a cyber cafe - they had a slightly higher offense limit, but I'd never unban them the second time ).

    All in all, it worked pretty effectively. That's without even having anthing in the way of an anti-cheat. Sure, times change, people get more cluey, but blah - that is no reason to cut back on the restrictions. All you get is cheaters who are allowed to cheat for longer. :P

    Honestly, reporting cheaters on the main site is going to do be able to tip them off much easier, if you're including (like everybody who does it) the reported findings. There's *no* reason to give them that. Perhaps put a name to the detection, but there is NO reason to tell them what you found - as I said, it's a MUCH bigger tip than just having their character disconnected - at least I'm not telling you what I was looking for.

  5. #20
    I am Timmeh Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,152

    Default

    Just curious why would you tell the hackers how you plan to stop them?

  6. #21
    Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    Just curious why would you tell the hackers how you plan to stop them?

    OMG common sense!

  7. #22
    I am Timmeh Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    OMG common sense!
    wait, are you telling me to use common sense? lol

  8. #23
    Senior Member SlmShady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    wait, are you telling me to use common sense? lol
    He's saying that what you said is common sense, basically the reason why he did not post what the server will actually use in the way of anti cheat stuff. Of course, I could be completely wrong since those brits are crazy!

  9. #24
    FatM4n
    Guest

    Default

    Locks on the db could solve the injection some program have. Or have the db only accept injections from known user, GM's etc. Make all items have new id's, so programmers from the outside can't make programs for injecting items, since they dont know the right id's

  10. #25
    Section Moderator KrepiN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
    Soenne was that aimed at iamcool?
    answering for him...


    yes.

    im afraid of it too.. when it doesnt work for him he acts like the kid he is

  11. #26
    Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    wait, are you telling me to use common sense? lol
    I was saying you showed common sense , was actually a big compliment.

  12. #27
    Oldschool wanabe Senior Member gramps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I was saying you showed common sense , was actually a big compliment.
    Don't get used to it. You don't see it that often when hes around.

  13. #28
    Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands.
    Posts
    4,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gramps View Post
    Don't get used to it. You don't see it that often when hes around.
    Gramps you gonna spam skills again in this server? Hit me up on msn brah!

  14. #29
    I am Timmeh Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josri View Post
    Gramps you gonna spam skills again in this server? Hit me up on msn brah!
    haha no that was jedi xD gramps just tbl pots :P

  15. #30
    Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands.
    Posts
    4,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyko1 View Post
    haha no that was jedi xD gramps just tbl pots :P
    Gramps doesnt use pots! he sits down in pk to regain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •