Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Windows 7. / Install

This is a discussion on Windows 7. / Install within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Well. after about 7 attempts i'm stuck. The problem is after i install KO. i go into the folder, only ...
Page: 1

krypticx

Default Windows 7. / Install

Well. after about 7 attempts i'm stuck.

The problem is after i install KO. i go into the folder, only see the main folders. no game icon. When i click the game icon in the start menu, it says cannot be found, Browse or Cancel. another thing, it says ive only installed 124MBs, when it says make sure its 524MB, anyone know whats wrong here?

Hostage

I think it's his antivirus blocking it. I'm workin with him now, but im limited on time ATM.

krypticx

yeye. i tired. but it still doesnt find any Launcher.exe being installed, or being blocked by my virus dector. BTW im running Trend Mirco, if that helps anyone.

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krypticx View Post
    yeye. i tired. but it still doesnt find any Launcher.exe being installed, or being blocked by my virus dector. BTW im running Trend Mirco, if that helps anyone.
    My guess is that your anti-virus deleting the exe files as soon as the installer extracts them. You'll need to add those files in your exception list; otherwise, you are just stuck in a limbo.

krypticx

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGhost View Post
    My guess is that your anti-virus deleting the exe files as soon as the installer extracts them. You'll need to add those files in your exception list; otherwise, you are just stuck in a limbo.
    Yeah. how am i able to do that, if i cannot find the launcher?

Hostage

There should always be a quarantine of everything it deletes. Or atleast an option you can turn on to ask before it blocks/deletes anything. But first...i'd shut it off - extract - turn it on - allow it as an exception. If it's not working, then it must be extracting wrong. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. This happened the last time I tried to get you to play KO. Probably just you LOL

krypticx

yeah. last time it wouldnt install. im to high for this shit. gotta figure something out. are any of the links defaulted?

+

I checked in the quarantine, and it says EGRNAPX2.dll , in the hack shield folder, as virus found. that help anything? Well. Actually it seems as it quarantines, 3 things . to of em are trojan horse programs, this it?

- Well i looked at it some more, even with the virus dector turned off, and shut down. something is still deleting the files as there installed. shit loop
    Last edited by krypticx; 01-30-2010 at 07:42 PM.

thank mr. skeletal Senior Member XeroK's Avatar

I have W7 and it works fine for me.

disable resident shield then install the game then add the launcher and the .exe to exception list turn resident shield on
    all should be good

krypticx

Quote Originally Posted by herb View Post
    disable resident shield then install the game then add the launcher and the .exe to exception list turn resident shield on
    all should be good
    resdient shield?

yes i have W6. but a different dector.

Hostage

have u even tried another DL?

Noxn

The anti virus is automatically deleting the exe file because there is a harmless malware in it . Turn your anti virus off and extract it on new, and it will work .

thank mr. skeletal Senior Member XeroK's Avatar

Man, download Avast, its teh best :3

Gorila

Try this.

LoL only 7 times.I was succesfull at 22nd jk

xiahou_yuan

I'm using windows 7 now too but can't seem to get it on full screen, anyone know how?
    Vista used to auto resize for me :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast