Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 166

Town thingy

This is a discussion on Town thingy within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; So is it true that its gonna stay like this? That you cant town with 50% hp? If so, why ...
Page: 1


  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    285

    Default Town thingy

    So is it true that its gonna stay like this? That you cant town with 50% hp?

    If so, why throw the whole game balance away? Why forcing me to play with mages and 8ppl parties all the time?

    Hope this is just a bug and going to be fixed (since as I remember, it was suposed to be oldschool KO, not the new era of great balance fixes), else just fak it...

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyler View Post
    So is it true that its gonna stay like this? That you cant town with 50% hp?

    If so, why throw the whole game balance away? Why forcing me to play with mages and 8ppl parties all the time?

    Hope this is just a bug and going to be fixed (since as I remember, it was suposed to be oldschool KO, not the new era of great balance fixes), else just fak it...
    either heal up and get lucky ur above 80% hp or just die like a hero.. I like it the way it is cause i hate towners

  3. #3
    Senior Member Shurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,584

    Default

    We decided that we'll be keeping it at 80%. More fun that way.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    285

    Default

    allright, cya then.

    By the time you will figure out you ruined balance of this game.

  5. #5
    Kecso
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shurt View Post
    We decided that we'll be keeping it at 80%. More fun that way.
    +1 for 80%
    why u want 50%....to town immediatelly ?? heroic.....and...professional

  6. #6
    Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands.
    Posts
    4,766

    Default

    80% is way better.

    This way ppl that duo pk when theres 100+ ppl in cz will get raped.

    * hint hint *

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Because you forcing players to form up just 8ppl parties and always include a mage. Always 8ppl partying was most efficent but you could just go with 2/3/4 ppl and still have fun. It was never overpowered too so there was no point in removing this. Town could be used as just another strategy and oftenly you could outplay your oponnents. Still it was needed to eventually town (after taking few down). Now it will get more and more snowbally 30 vs 30 fights (its already noticable, will be even more). Ofc most of you gonna like it since you do it anyways and there are a lot of rogues that gonna love this crappy feature. Sin can always run away after cure etc, warrior never could. Also, as sin you can 1 spike enemy and he wont get away anymore... unless he is rogue himself or he has a mage.

    Too bad I was so happy about old school KO and you decided to make your own balance tweaks that werent even thought twice. This is gonna have huge impact on game and ofc for many of you positive one (rogues, mages and 8ppl party whores). Too bad those I mentioned were always fine, but they had alternative (duo, trio etc)... that doesnt exist anymore.

  8. #8
    Senior Member MeeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    2,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyler View Post
    Because you forcing players to form up just 8ppl parties and always include a mage. Always 8ppl partying was most efficent but you could just go with 2/3/4 ppl and still have fun. It was never overpowered too so there was no point in removing this. Town could be used as just another strategy and oftenly you could outplay your oponnents. Still it was needed to eventually town (after taking few down). Now it will get more and more snowbally 30 vs 30 fights (its already noticable, will be even more). Ofc most of you gonna like it since you do it anyways and there are a lot of rogues that gonna love this crappy feature. Sin can always run away after cure etc, warrior never could. Also, as sin you can 1 spike enemy and he wont get away anymore... unless he is rogue himself or he has a mage.

    Too bad I was so happy about old school KO and you decided to make your own balance tweaks that werent even thought twice. This is gonna have huge impact on game and ofc for many of you positive one (rogues, mages and 8ppl party whores). Too bad those I mentioned were always fine, but they had alternative (duo, trio etc)... that doesnt exist anymore.
    The way i see it, when 4 guys run against 8 now they wont even bother to try fight them, (ofc dont forget people dont care about nps in the beta) if its unfair -> town early

  9. #9
    Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands.
    Posts
    4,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyler View Post
    Because you forcing players to form up just 8ppl parties and always include a mage. Always 8ppl partying was most efficent but you could just go with 2/3/4 ppl and still have fun. It was never overpowered too so there was no point in removing this. Town could be used as just another strategy and oftenly you could outplay your oponnents. Still it was needed to eventually town (after taking few down). Now it will get more and more snowbally 30 vs 30 fights (its already noticable, will be even more). Ofc most of you gonna like it since you do it anyways and there are a lot of rogues that gonna love this crappy feature. Sin can always run away after cure etc, warrior never could. Also, as sin you can 1 spike enemy and he wont get away anymore... unless he is rogue himself or he has a mage.

    Too bad I was so happy about old school KO and you decided to make your own balance tweaks that werent even thought twice. This is gonna have huge impact on game and ofc for many of you positive one (rogues, mages and 8ppl party whores). Too bad those I mentioned were always fine, but they had alternative (duo, trio etc)... that doesnt exist anymore.

    Dude the town feature got a bit different so what it aint gonna have a huge impact lol

    Stop being so dramatic and let the dev team breath for a sec.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    285

    Default

    That what you think, I dont expect much of feedback because for most players its ok, not much changed. You will keep forming your 2 clan parties, will go to cz and this time noone will even bother to come close (unless they get 2 parties themselves) and you gonna be happy pandas.

    For those that used to duo/trio a lot, that werent feared to go against others 8 this feature changed everything. Every thing.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Heck no... we go duo/trio all the time... if you gotta town you lost anyway so might aswell stay and kill someone before you die

  12. #12
    Senior Member Shurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyler View Post
    That what you think, I dont expect much of feedback because for most players its ok, not much changed. You will keep forming your 2 clan parties, will go to cz and this time noone will even bother to come close (unless they get 2 parties themselves) and you gonna be happy pandas.

    For those that used to duo/trio a lot, that werent feared to go against others 8 this feature changed everything. Every thing.
    No, no it didn't. If you're hopelessly outmatched, you can town before they even hit you. If you think you've got a shot at killing them, go for it. Just as it's always been. I personally don't see the overwhelming difference this caused. If you were outmatched when /town was 50%, you're still going to be outmatched at 80%.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Just two simple examples for you

    Example 1

    I believe you fought close to enemy base oftenly. Lets say we are trio, killing orcs near orc base, theres always more and more of them each second, you kill one party, but already 2 are on your butt. After killing those that sit on you already, you oftenly need to town or lure (luring will be told earlier). You cant town if at least 1 sin is on you, you are dead.

    Example 2

    Luring.
    When duo/trio its most essential to lure away some players from those hordes (happens alwyas near bowl entrance). In whole KO gameplay you lured and if you succeed you fought, if you failed (in meaning that just way too much follows) you needed to town. Now when you decide to lure and too many follows you can either:

    a) turn around and die
    b) die because at least 1 sin is already on you so you cant town (and it always happens)


    Thats 2 examples, theres more but like I said, I understand the majority, its going to make game easier for them. What bothers me is WHY it needed to happen, why forcing ppl to 8ppl with mages, why buffing rogues.

    Anyways thanks for last days, was really hot and enjoyable to wait for this server to come out, it will be gg one and Im sure of it. Sadly I wont take part in it just to xp till 65/70 and then realizing that 8ppl pk parties 24/7 make me bored, sad panda.

  14. #14
    MaRiNeChato
    Guest

    Default

    Mage can use gate... so....

  15. #15
    Senior Member Xero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    noooo free

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •