Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Town thingy

This is a discussion on Town thingy within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by grzequ That wasn't my point? Seriously dude, I'm pretty sick of you posting BS all the time. ...
Page: 4

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by grzequ View Post
    That wasn't my point? Seriously dude, I'm pretty sick of you posting BS all the time. Don't bother replying if you aren't going to fucking read what I write.
    Let me enlighten you, I wrote about this town thingy destroying game balance, not about myself running in CZ solo (but I do run solo, quite often).

What about warriors, they are gonna be one of the affected classes as well. How does a warrior farm bowl? Join an 8-man party? While every rogue is still perfectly able to do it solo.
    See the imbalance? And that's just one example.
    yes

and no1 else will be able to solo, coz they will die no buff and with g4y armor

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

That wasn't my point? Seriously dude, I'm pretty sick of you posting BS all the time. Don't bother replying if you aren't going to fucking read what I write.
    Let me enlighten you, I wrote about this town thingy destroying game balance, not about myself running in CZ solo (but I do run solo, quite often).

What about warriors, they are gonna be one of the affected classes as well. How does a warrior farm bowl? Join an 8-man party? While every rogue is still perfectly able to do it solo.
    See the imbalance? And that's just one example.
    i don't get how does town at 80% has got to do with a warrior not being able to run bowl for bosses ._. if he has to constantly town he wouldn't be able to run bowl anyway. rogues have ALWAYS been able to run bowl solo cause they have stealth. duno wtf u r blabbering about..

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

How, exactly, does this ruin the balance. If a warrior gets hit enough to get knocked down to 50% hp, he would be dead anyway. If a warrior is just going to town as soon as they see people coming, what difference does it make what we set town to?

This doesn't change ANYTHING. Know what makes rogues able to solo bowl and not warriors? Stealth. It has nothing to do with the % we set town to.

grzequ

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    How, exactly, does this ruin the balance. If a warrior gets hit enough to get knocked down to 50% hp, he would be dead anyway. If a warrior is just going to town as soon as they see people coming, what difference does it make what we set town to?

This doesn't change ANYTHING. Know what makes rogues able to solo bowl and not warriors? Stealth. It has nothing to do with the % we set town to.
    A sin won't spike a warrior from stealth for half of his HP. 20% won't be a problem though.
    So a warriors ability to run around in CZ solo is actually affected by this. Warrior class has the highest AC and will still get owned by one or two sins coming out of stealth at anytime.

I just don't get why you are so stubborn to keep things like old maps, old upgrade systems but a major change to PK gameplay is for some reason no big deal.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

A sin won't spike a warrior from stealth for half of his HP. 20% won't be a problem though.
    Oh, I completely forgot this game doesn't offer HP pots or any other sorts of healings.

grzequ

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    Oh, I completely forgot this game doesn't offer HP pots or any other sorts of healings.
    How do you regain ALL of your HP with just HP pots? If you could do that, what would be the point of even trying to town then. Sins that are 15 levels lower than you aren't the case here.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

How do you regain ALL of your HP with just HP pots? If you could do that, what would be the point of even trying to town then. Sins that are 15 levels lower than you aren't the case here.
    Sin won't take you down with his first set of skills. He'll take you down to 50%'ish using spike and thrust, big deal.. 2 hp pots and you're ready to town, as his red's wont take you down further, heck might even throw in a shield if you're that much of a np whore that you'll town the second someone just so much as R hits you.

The only time your theory would actually make sense is if you were attacked by a sin out gearing and outlvling you... which yet again wouldn't make a difference as you still wouldn't be able to town, he'd just take you down below 50% in less than 2 seconds.

grzequ

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    Sin won't take you down with his first set of skills. He'll take you down to 50%'ish using spike and thrust, big deal.. 2 hp pots and you're ready to town, as his red's wont take you down further, heck might even throw in a shield if you're that much of a np whore that you'll town the second someone just so much as R hits you.

The only time your theory would actually make sense is if you were attacked by a sin out gearing and outlvling you... which yet again wouldn't make a difference as you still wouldn't be able to town, he'd just take you down below 50% in less than 2 seconds.
    Are we talking about a sin that sucks completly? You will not be able to get your HP over 80% again after being spiked and thrusted.

To get a warrior under 50% and keep him there was a challenge. I don't see how 80% would be even remotely close. But I suppose you still think that this doesn't make much of a difference? Then I guess there's no point arguing over this.

Also, I'm not saying that a warrior can't beat a stealthed sin. Most of the time he won't though, due to LF and skills like scream and leg cutting not being failsafe. I agree that stealth gives a sin advantage when it comes to solo play, but what's the point of making that gap even wider?

Banned

you kidding me?

now in the beta, with all the skills rogue has, i can't take warrior down to 50% hp.. maybe 60-70, then they just put a shield slide and town

if u don't like how it is, just quit

you and maybe more 2 ppl are the only 1 who don't like it

There is a fact there will be lots of DD shields and Helmets in official. Don't forget it.
    A sin cannot do more than 150 damage to a warrior who uses DD helmet and Shield with their spike. Consider that too.

that guy is just fuckin bullshitting. doesn't matter this server has LOTS of idiotic noobs who don't know shit but act like they know a ton.

and cama stop saying what i said!

Quote Originally Posted by lIIIIIIIIIIl View Post
    that guy is just fuckin bullshitting. doesn't matter this server has LOTS of idiotic noobs who don't know shit but act like they know a ton.

Usage of quotes would make your post more understandable.

grzequ

Quote Originally Posted by ko4mylife View Post
    now in the beta, with all the skills rogue has, i can't take warrior down to 50% hp.. maybe 60-70, then they just put a shield slide and town
    do you realize that current beta = pk server? everyone is equally geared, consider that.

Quote Originally Posted by ko4mylife View Post
    if u don't like how it is, just quit
    Wasn't that the exact response the topic about XP raise was flooded with. Those were adressed to you though. Funny, you actually learned something from there.

I have no idea who you are relating to, but I guess most of these noobs know for certain that 80% of hp wasn't required to town in original KO. I suppose you do, too?

Anyway, there's no point for me to argue about this. Whether it'll be 80 or 50%, I'm probably still going to play. I just don't consider that addition any good in terms of balance, but I might be wrong. I suppose time will tell.. or something.

I have no idea who you are relating to, but I guess most of these noobs know for certain that 80% of hp wasn't required to town in original KO. I suppose you do, too?
    if you had just whined about the 80% hp town thingy i wouldn't have cared, but u brought in some stupid jackass excuse that made u seem like a moron. of course you were inviting flames! brains are meant to be used.

grzequ

if you had just whined about the 80% hp town thingy i wouldn't have cared, but u brought in some stupid jackass excuse that made u seem like a moron. of course you were inviting flames! brains are meant to be used.
    Hey, what excuses? That sins will obviously benefit from this cause it's easier to get someone down to 80% of hp than to 50%? That's a fact.

Anyway, I think I've made my point clear. If you choose to consider me a "moron", feel free to do so.
    Last edited by grzequ; 01-24-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast