Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Town thingy

This is a discussion on Town thingy within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Yeah, i think everyone has a point. It is imbalanced if just a single rouge with comparable gear can prevent ...
Page: 5

iratus

Yeah, i think everyone has a point.
    It is imbalanced if just a single rouge with comparable gear can prevent a warrior from doing /town , if 1 rouge hits him, in the next 10-15 seconds there will come another one, and another one and the warr will be taken down.
    On the other side, this server will offer dd shields which really do the difference, with a dd shield on a comparable geared sin won't really be able to do shit in solo. Try to considering the fact that its bloody beast that actually makes such a huge diff while fighting dd equipped ppl...

BUT, this servers community will be a pretty much closed one, if someone want the reputation of a towner, then why not allow him to do so?
    Im not saying Free or Makler are towners, im just saying that 50% hp is the way to go after reading through all the posts. And yes im a sin.

Banned Senior Member

Really this is great idea,but if you ask me i would make it 100% hp need to town in CZ.

I agree with freestyler. I dislike the 80% change for many of the reasons he mentioned. For those who are constantly posting in topics "if you don't like it just don't play" etc., one of the reasons for having a forum is to discuss different aspects of the game, and you posting in a topic saying nothing more than 'stop I is clearly more 'childish' than someone stating their argument, and the decisions that come from it. A lot of the people I see posting in the thread are the same people that seem to constantly feel the need to state their opinions, and defend them if there is ever opposition.
    The /town ability, at creation, already had a feature to prevent people from using it when their death was near certain, the 50% hp requirement. It's apparent that the only reason it was changed was because, through experience, some players didn't enjoy others escaping what they felt was a deserved kill. If a player's death is indefinite, their hp is usually at 25% or lower. Many of the times people town it's to get potions, make repairs, or to do other things that aren't just escaping a fight. It's another aspect of the game that enables players to do things faster than running to the nearest city, or dying and losing something they worked for (exp,nps).
    If the change was to make pvp for all players equally more fun, it didn't. As has been shown by the level increase, players that don't usually play with the maximum ammount of party members have been disadvantaged. If a team can't get their health above 79% and town before dying with it being their first choice, the opposition is most likely not in a fair ammount. If the virtues of the creation of the server are what they were said to be, fairness and unchanging originality (the original game), they've been undermined and will continue to be until the majority of the people involved with the server are able to be involved at the same level as everyone who's chosen to be.
    Last edited by Horror; 01-24-2010 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Ipod

Quote Originally Posted by Horror View Post
    The /town ability, at creation, already had a feature to prevent people from using it when their death was near certain, the 50% hp requirement. It's apparent that the only reason it was changed was because, through experience, some players didn't enjoy others escaping what they felt was a deserved kill. If a player's death is indefinite, their hp is usually at 25% or lower. Many of the times people town it's to get potions, make repairs, or to do other things that aren't just escaping a fight. It's another aspect of the game that enables players to do things faster than running to the nearest city, or dying and losing something they worked for (exp,nps).
    So you just happen to town to repeair just when your about to lose a fight? yeah right. If you say this is not what you ment then ur argument is retarded because if your not doing town to "repair while escaping a fight" then i dunno wtf it has to do with the 80% limit. If your not in a fight you should have your hp at 100%, unless you like running around with 20% hp with a sign "FREE NPS!".

"It's another aspect of the game that enables players to do things faster, dying and losing something they worked for (exp,nps)" So town allow us to to not die and lose exp nps faster... thats what its for!

If the change was to make pvp for all players equally more fun, it didn't.
    Actually it has, that you dont find it pleasent doesnt mean everybody doesnt either.

If a team can't get their health above 79% and town before dying with it being their first choice, the opposition is most likely not in a fair ammount
    You have plenty of time to analize the situation, about 5 seconds its enough to make the decision to run like a chicken and town from the fight. If you engage and more enemies end up coming and you die, 2 words: shit happens.[/QUOTE]

If the virtues of the creation of the server are what they were said to be, fairness and unchanging originality (the original game), they've been undermined and will continue to be until the majority of the people involved with the server are able to be involved at the same level as everyone who's chosen to be.
    Again, why are you calling yourselve of majority when there are only few people that have quality claims agains it.

People hating this, is people is too used to ABUSE it. I believe and agree with one thing you say, it will be painful to have to run back to the town if ur far from it, however I strongly believe it wasnt ment to be a PvP function, if it was, what was the point on making the "gate" skill?. And Im pretty sure people who constantly town, "protecting their hard-earned NPS", are people who in life never complete shit cuz they are too afraid of failing or losing. Hell might even people who at the very first sight of losing just quit. Ultimately, this is the people who made KO like it is, a bad comunity that worries only about items, nps and USD. The ones who used to have fun with the game have left. We dont need more people like this, I believe Devile's intention was to make a server with the same feeling pre-ROFD, the fun (not the retarded fun retarded ppl get for being lvl 70 owning the noobs, as a lot of ppl stated i other topics) real players got from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    So you just happen to town to repeair just when your about to lose a fight? yeah right. If you say this is not what you ment then ur argument is retarded because if your not doing town to "repair while escaping a fight" then i dunno wtf it has to do with the 80% limit. If your not in a fight you should have your hp at 100%, unless you like running around with 20% hp with a sign "FREE NPS!".

"It's another aspect of the game that enables players to do things faster, dying and losing something they worked for (exp,nps)" So town allow us to to not die and lose exp nps faster... thats what its for!

Actually it has, that you dont find it pleasent doesnt mean everybody doesnt either.

You have plenty of time to analize the situation, about 5 seconds its enough to make the decision to run like a chicken and town from the fight. If you engage and more enemies end up coming and you die, 2 words: shit happens.

Again, why are you calling yourselve of majority when there are only few people that have quality claims agains it.

People hating this, is people is too used to ABUSE it. I believe and agree with one thing you say, it will be painful to have to run back to the town if ur far from it, however I strongly believe it wasnt ment to be a PvP function, if it was, what was the point on making the "gate" skill?. And Im pretty sure people who constantly town, "protecting their hard-earned NPS", are people who in life never complete shit cuz they are too afraid of failing or losing. Hell might even people who at the very first sight of losing just quit. Ultimately, this is the people who made KO like it is, a bad comunity that worries only about items, nps and USD. The ones who used to have fun with the game have left. We dont need more people like this, I believe Devile's intention was to make a server with the same feeling pre-ROFD, the fun (not the retarded fun retarded ppl get for being lvl 70 owning the noobs, as a lot of ppl stated i other topics) real players got from the game.
    exaggerate much? I'd hardly say you're "about to lose" when you're at >50% hp. Unless of course you're referring to when you're at about 50% and you see 15 people coming at you. Then you're most certainly "about to lose." It wasn't meant to be a pvp function? Are you playing the same game even? Just FYI, only priests and mages have gate, and tbh rogues can lf away , so they can just spam minor and hp pots then town if they have to, but what about warriors? Speaking of gate, why the hell don't you cry about that? You can use that to get away literally as you're about to die. You just want more NPs from gangbangs.

lopezik

towner gays cry ? :>

what's a problem with that 80 % u cant town ohhh that sad

obviously 'everbody' doesn't find it pleasant because freestyler posted against it

Again, why are you calling yourselve of majority when there are only few people that have quality claims agains it..
    i didn't call myself the majority, i made a general statement about majority fairness saying that to have it, everyone involved (with he game) needs to have involvement with it (its changes) for there to be a true 'majority'

People hating this, is people is too used to ABUSE it.
    freestyler is known to be good pker, and not a /town abuser, and he dislikes it.

i'm a good pker, don't abuse town, and dislike it

i didn't read anything else you wrote because it was obvious that most of what i did read was biased

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

the only thing i see bad with it is that priest or bps wont be able to town as easy now. since bps if they were being chased by a sin they would pretty much be fucked even if he sucked cuz his spike would autonatically mean u cant town and that lets his other party catch up and kick ur ass

i don care of % hp required to use /town command,

but if it is 80% maybe also for using gate/escape skills from mages/priests should be required 80%,

and maybe mage could summon only person with at least 80% for example.

Kecso

Quote Originally Posted by gimmecookiesnao View Post
    the only thing i see bad with it is that priest or bps wont be able to town as easy now. since bps if they were being chased by a sin they would pretty much be fucked even if he sucked cuz his spike would autonatically mean u cant town and that lets his other party catch up and kick ur ass
    maybe i am wrong but priests dont have a skill named GATE? or it is just far too long i played this version

Quote Originally Posted by Kecso View Post
    maybe i am wrong but priests dont have a skill named GATE? or it is just far too long i played this version
    they have always had it lol

Vexed, and maybe warriors and sins can't attack unless their HP is over 80%? the most retarded idea ever... there has never been a restriction on gate/tp

dumb warrýon Senior Member Fridulin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kecso View Post
    well u should check again then. priest got gate take alook at duff skills and there is at 0 skill points gate avaible.

Quote Originally Posted by cizia View Post
    they have always had it lol

Vexed, and maybe warriors and sins can't attack unless their HP is over 80%? the most retarded idea ever... there has never been a restriction on gate/tp

as i said i don care of that, but just consider my proposition,

if we want cut our enemy ways of escape from battle lets do one step more,

or 2 steps disable /town, disable gate, disable summon friend,

it also will be great pk

Quote Originally Posted by vexed View Post
    as i said i don care of that, but just consider my proposition,

if we want cut our enemy ways of escape from battle lets do one step more,

or 2 steps disable /town, disable gate, disable summon friend,

it also will be great pk
    so u want to disable mage's best skill? hmm.. what's the point of playing the mage then? Let's disable Warrior's and Rogue's attack skills... or even better, let's close the server, that's the easiest solution for all the problems lol...

as I said, the most retarded idea ever...

as i said before,

if we changing the rules, coz we want more kills on pk, lets change more of them,

for few ppl town with 80+% is most retarded (not 4 me),

and for few ppl u can be most retarded person (not 4 me 2)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast