Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Town thingy

This is a discussion on Town thingy within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by MeeP It was 50% back then, i see no good reason to change it now. There a ...
Page: 7

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MeeP View Post
    It was 50% back then, i see no good reason to change it now.
    There a lot of bonuses to colony zone including, but not limited to, higher xp, non-agroing mobs, and many fast respawning bosses. The risk to these bonuses is that you may be killed, lose half your gold, and lose 50np. The 80% town feature is meant to keep all of you accountable to that risk. We, the staff, have felt that players have forgotten those risks due to the 50% town limit, so we increased it to 80% to make those risks once again a part of the game.
    The better point meep is that there has been no good reason as to why it should be returned back to 50%.

Also to all you bickering like 3rd graders, stop. First and last warning to stay on topic before I just start tossing out temp bans.

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    The better point meep is that there has been no good reason as to why it should be returned back to 50%.

Also to all you bickering like 3rd graders, stop. First and last warning to stay on topic before I just start tossing out temp bans.
    Im sorry, i was under the impression that there was an attempt to bring back the old school feel, guess i was wrong.

Im sorry, i was under the impression that there was an attempt to bring back the old school feel, guess i was wrong.
    Sure is, but why can't we alter a few things to make it more fun?

Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    Just because hes not being an obnoxious crying idiot like most people does not mean he feels differently.

So him not being an obnoxious crying idiot means hes a hater?

How exactly do you define "hate"?

Hate is a strong negative feeling against something, that moves you or gives you the need to eliminate or change it. Indiference is when you see something you dont like and you simply dont care about it.

How do you know how strongly a person feels about it?
    You cant, you will have to read his mind to know that, which is impossible. However, that would only be needed to measure how much of that feeling a person has, which has nothing to do with what I said, at all.

It seems like it may be pretty important to a person who says he is not going to play the server if it stays at 80%. I'd hardly call his basing of his decision whether to play the server or not on this issue indifference towards it.

When you to to a store, and its selling stuff you dont like, what do you do? Do you stay with the owner arguing for hours to making remove those items you dont like, from selling? or do you just say "I dont like this, im out" and you leave the store?

If your statement is true, Freestyler is a /town abuser, and if you say he's not, your statement is invalidated.

This is wrong. I said "People hating this, is people is too used to ABUSE it" (forgot that in there). I stated quite a few times that i dont think freestyler is hating it, hes just indiferent to it, he said he will just leave if it stays, which, believe it or not, its a very mature decision.
    If after this you still dont get it, then have fun arguing with yourself, im now indiferent with your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Shurt View Post
    Sure is, but why can't we alter a few things to make it more fun?
    If we can do that lets also bring in new items, new maps and new quests, those are more fun as well.

If we can do that lets also bring in new items, new maps and new quests, those are more fun as well.
    Because we don't want to?

Because we don't want to?
    But you want to alter the original state of the game in a way that has a great impact on player killing. A negative effect for those who actually play. The positive effect comes only from a 8v8 situation, beside that it only forces people to stay away from groups.

But you want to alter the original state of the game in a way that has a great impact on player killing. A negative effect for those who actually play. The positive effect comes only from a 8v8 situation, beside that it only forces people to stay away from groups.

You just want to nitpick at every little thing, don't you? We're keeping /town at 80% because we want to. We're not adding new weapons/armors/quests/whatever else because we don't want to. Don't really know how to sum it up any other way.

i dont mind the decision to make town 80% but honestly you should have made a poll on the forum to let what the ppl who are actually gonna play the server decide or atleast have an input... shurt you say "We wanted to altar things to have more fun"..

obviously from this thread alot of players dont like the decision... no offense to you but Im just saying you cant decide what is fun for others, only your self.. im just speaking my mind... you should let players decide/have an input on major game changes.. you can do this with a poll

You just want to nitpick at every little thing, don't you? We're keeping /town at 80% because we want to. We're not adding new weapons/armors/quests/whatever else because we don't want to. Don't really know how to sum it up any other way.
    No, read Brahams reply, he pretty much summed up what bothered me, without my usual "x goes here because...?"

Quote Originally Posted by Brahman View Post
    i dont mind the decision to make town 80% but honestly you should have made a poll on the forum to let what the ppl who are actually gonna play the server decide or atleast have an input... shurt you say "We wanted to altar things to have more fun"..

obviously from this thread alot of players dont like the decision... no offense to you but Im just saying you cant decide what is fun for others, only your self.. im just speaking my mind... you should let players decide/have an input on major game changes.. you can do this with a poll
    but there is way more people who really enjoy this... and I'm sure they have been talking to some of their friends

Quote Originally Posted by cizia View Post
    but there is way more people who really enjoy this... and I'm sure they have been talking to some of their friends
    Then a poll would only confirm it, yes?

Make the /town to 100%? So you can only town to go repot and rpr? This way every1 dies and has fun........... (facepalm)

I'm up for that only town if 100% in CZ, but in other zones like eslant it shouldnt be like that, since if you do bosses, you want to town to run to the next spot to get there asap.

But I don't think it's possible to change it for the zones, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
    I'm up for that only town if 100% in CZ, but in other zones like eslant it shouldnt be like that, since if you do bosses, you want to town to run to the next spot to get there asap.

But I don't think it's possible to change it for the zones, is it?
    It can be done, but it takes unneccessarly much time and effort
    Ohh and i didn't mean the 100% town thingy for real, that's why i have (facepalm) in the end of my post

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast