Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 166

Town thingy

This is a discussion on Town thingy within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by Serious606 Yeah im gone also. It is not more fun this way. it means that no matter ...
Page: 9


  1. #121
    (\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    5,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serious606 View Post
    Yeah im gone also.
    It is not more fun this way. it means that no matter what sins are overpowered. i know its a teamplay game but sumtimes its fun to pk solo or with 2 other people on vent but when ur getting mobbed by 2 parties and ur only 3 people its good to have town for a last resort.

    i guess im going back to usko if the whole balance of PK is gone.

    EDIT: i'd take 3 guys on vent over a 8 man party of randoms anyday i came to play with a coupe of friends in an old school server. this isnt what we expected at all
    Bye. Have fun with premium, dupes, GM's that don't care, etc all because you can't stand to lose 50np.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    Bye. Have fun with premium, dupes, GM's that don't care, etc all because you can't stand to lose 50np.
    Theres a difference between not standing to lose 50 np.
    and being gangbanged by 6 sins and not being able to get away.
    atleast in usko people respect a vs. if im in a vs and im going to los ei keep trying if i die i die. if i win i win. but if im in a vs and people try to gangbnag me, i should have the right, and the oppurtunity to save myself. its not fun getting gangbanged 24/7

    your taking the fun out of the game for otehrs because of something YOU think will be better. Should have left it as old KO. not your only little medly of fucked up things.

    Everyone here can have fun with 24/7 gangbang, never getting a fair vs, GMs and Admins that take their own opinions over those of half the population of the server. you guys are no better then usko.
    and no wors ei guess.
    i prefer usko over the shit your trying to sell about 80% being more fun or "better".

  3. #123
    Senior Member Shurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,584

    Default

    Maybe it's just me, because I never played with /town on copy/paste like other people do, but if you don't manage to get /town typed before the 80% mark, the chances of you getting it typed before 50% are slim, especially if you're extremely overpowered. And about the whole not listening thing... We put it to a vote. 80% won. Now, does that mean we're locked into 80% forever? No, not at all. One of the benefits of NOT being K2 is that we can change things quickly and don't have to wait for someone higher up on the chain of command to say it's ok.

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shurt View Post
    Maybe it's just me, because I never played with /town on copy/paste like other people do, but if you don't manage to get /town typed before the 80% mark, the chances of you getting it typed before 50% are slim, especially if you're extremely overpowered. And about the whole not listening thing... We put it to a vote. 80% won. Now, does that mean we're locked into 80% forever? No, not at all. One of the benefits of NOT being K2 is that we can change things quickly and don't have to wait for someone higher up on the chain of command to say it's ok.
    last i saw the vote it was 100 to 140..
    thats not 80%
    anyways im not here to argue about that.
    the other mod who commented did so in a derogatory manner. arent you guys here to make sure things stay in control? that was not a meaningful post at all. " have fun with your dupe, and bad gms" or whatever he said.
    you ont he other hand are actually making valid points. you guys should watch who u let become a mod.

    back on topic.
    its very easy to hit 1 hp pot and type /town before getting gangbanged when its at 50% at 80% theres no chance if theres more than one person.
    theres 100s of reasons 50% is better and vise versa for 80%. IMO though the 80% thing will make it not fun to play at all. i dont play ko to join a big clan and try to be the best in the server i only log on every once in a while to duo or trio pk with a couple friends on vent. the 80% makes it hard to trio when there mass hordes of 20+ orc/humans runnign around together. I hate being in the middle of a fight like us 3 vs 4-5 orcs and then out of nowhere 2 other parties of orcs or humasn show up. i want to be able to town and get away. like i said the losing np isnt an issue as long as we have a fiar chance to win as well. but when its 3 v 2 paties thats not fair and i shouldnt have to sit there and let them rape me because i cant get my hp to 80%
    ~warrior point of view:]

  5. #125
    Senior Member Shurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serious606 View Post
    last i saw the vote it was 100 to 140..
    thats not 80%
    anyways im not here to argue about that.
    the other mod who commented did so in a derogatory manner. arent you guys here to make sure things stay in control? that was not a meaningful post at all. " have fun with your dupe, and bad gms" or whatever he said.
    you ont he other hand are actually making valid points. you guys should watch who u let become a mod.

    back on topic.
    its very easy to hit 1 hp pot and type /town before getting gangbanged when its at 50% at 80% theres no chance if theres more than one person.
    theres 100s of reasons 50% is better and vise versa for 80%. IMO though the 80% thing will make it not fun to play at all. i dont play ko to join a big clan and try to be the best in the server i only log on every once in a while to duo or trio pk with a couple friends on vent. the 80% makes it hard to trio when there mass hordes of 20+ orc/humans runnign around together. I hate being in the middle of a fight like us 3 vs 4-5 orcs and then out of nowhere 2 other parties of orcs or humasn show up. i want to be able to town and get away. like i said the losing np isnt an issue as long as we have a fiar chance to win as well. but when its 3 v 2 paties thats not fair and i shouldnt have to sit there and let them rape me because i cant get my hp to 80%
    ~warrior point of view:]

    Pertaining to the vote, I meant that the 80% option won, not that it won with 80% of the votes. Anyway, like I said, (also from a warrior's perspective) I encourage you to give it a shot. If it's seriously a problem, let us know. I'm not saying we're going to change it simply because you want us to, but we have no problem looking into it.

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shurt View Post
    Pertaining to the vote, I meant that the 80% option won, not that it won with 80% of the votes. Anyway, like I said, (also from a warrior's perspective) I encourage you to give it a shot. If it's seriously a problem, let us know. I'm not saying we're going to change it simply because you want us to, but we have no problem looking into it.
    I have given it a shot. me and 2 friends came here and made a clan we pkd for a week at various times. 1 playing warrior 1 mage and one priest. all swiching characters depending on what we felt like playing that day.
    this is how we played in usko also. we could go around with our trio and get legit party vs party action sometimes losing sumtimes winning sumtimes getting a few kills then dying. it was fun and thats how we like to play. ill take that kind of party over an 8 man random party anyday. but we werent stupid enough to try and fight more then one aprty at once. when weve pkd in the ko4life server even if we can find a party vs party then randoms always run up to try and ks. thats fine. its like that in usko also. but if were humans and more orcs show up we want the oppurtunity to town. and to go find a different EVEN fight. the way it is now its hard to town with more then one person hitting you.. if were about to get gangbnaged yes were going to run away and try to town.

    i know i havent mentioned the 80% thing much in this post but it all ties in with it 80% it makes it hard for us to town when the fights not fair. its a game its supposed to be fun. being ran over 24/7 by 20+ orcs isnt fun.
    were going to try to play once the official release happens because were out of scrolls. hopefully the pk will be less like this with les speople in cz 24/7 if it stays like this we wont play long.

    just my opinion on how its not becoming fun for me...
    im sure a few guys feel the same way.

    PS, sorry about misunderstanidn the 80% vote part.
    and excuse my bad typing.

  7. #127
    (\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    5,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serious606 View Post
    Theres a difference between not standing to lose 50 np.
    and being gangbanged by 6 sins and not being able to get away.
    atleast in usko people respect a vs. if im in a vs and im going to los ei keep trying if i die i die. if i win i win. but if im in a vs and people try to gangbnag me, i should have the right, and the oppurtunity to save myself. its not fun getting gangbanged 24/7

    your taking the fun out of the game for otehrs because of something YOU think will be better. Should have left it as old KO. not your only little medly of fucked up things.

    Everyone here can have fun with 24/7 gangbang, never getting a fair vs, GMs and Admins that take their own opinions over those of half the population of the server. you guys are no better then usko.
    and no wors ei guess.
    i prefer usko over the shit your trying to sell about 80% being more fun or "better".
    Hate to break it to you, but if 6 sins all spike you at the same time you will NOT be above 50% HP. In fact, you'll be around -10% hp.

    Also, its obviously something only WE think will be better. There was a public poll, 80% won. Not only that, but a lot of the people that voted for 60% were actually duplicate accounts(Yes, we can see that.). So obviously it is something the majority of the players wished to see as an implemented feature.

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but if 6 sins all spike you at the same time you will NOT be above 50% HP. In fact, you'll be around -10% hp.

    Also, its obviously something only WE think will be better. There was a public poll, 80% won. Not only that, but a lot of the people that voted for 60% were actually duplicate accounts(Yes, we can see that.). So obviously it is something the majority of the players wished to see as an implemented feature.

    your first reply to my post was a deraogatory comment.
    nothnig you say int he future will have no grounds with me. im pretty sure me and shurt are discussing this im waiting for his reply. not your smart ass remarks mimicing what he has already said and what i have already replied to.

  9. #129
    Senior Member Shurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serious606 View Post
    I have given it a shot. me and 2 friends came here and made a clan we pkd for a week at various times. 1 playing warrior 1 mage and one priest. all swiching characters depending on what we felt like playing that day.
    this is how we played in usko also. we could go around with our trio and get legit party vs party action sometimes losing sumtimes winning sumtimes getting a few kills then dying. it was fun and thats how we like to play. ill take that kind of party over an 8 man random party anyday. but we werent stupid enough to try and fight more then one aprty at once. when weve pkd in the ko4life server even if we can find a party vs party then randoms always run up to try and ks. thats fine. its like that in usko also. but if were humans and more orcs show up we want the oppurtunity to town. and to go find a different EVEN fight. the way it is now its hard to town with more then one person hitting you.. if were about to get gangbnaged yes were going to run away and try to town.

    i know i havent mentioned the 80% thing much in this post but it all ties in with it 80% it makes it hard for us to town when the fights not fair. its a game its supposed to be fun. being ran over 24/7 by 20+ orcs isnt fun.
    were going to try to play once the official release happens because were out of scrolls. hopefully the pk will be less like this with les speople in cz 24/7 if it stays like this we wont play long.

    just my opinion on how its not becoming fun for me...
    im sure a few guys feel the same way.

    PS, sorry about misunderstanidn the 80% vote part.
    and excuse my bad typing.

    Difference is, on the beta, everyone has great gear. I know it's a bit annoying, but give it a shot when we go live. Nobody will have gear that severely outmatches anyone else and PK will be vastly different. I don't see any reason why we can't take another poll after a week or two in live and see if the community opinion has changed/stayed the same.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shurt View Post
    Difference is, on the beta, everyone has great gear. I know it's a bit annoying, but give it a shot when we go live. Nobody will have gear that severely outmatches anyone else and PK will be vastly different. I don't see any reason why we can't take another poll after a week or two in live and see if the community opinion has changed/stayed the same.
    sounds good.
    sorry for the shor tpost but thats all i have to say :]

  11. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Seems like some ppl (that are playing actually, not just trolling on forums, spamming with their "theories") already noticing the balance issue. Before "town thingy" change, KO was one of the most balanced PvP game. Its just matter of time that more of you notice this (excluding some rogues and dedicated gang bangers). Cool.

    Btw. Id suggest you to stop arguing (as I did after second page of this topic?) because it has no point, and to all of you that care -> go server and have some fun pking, its the best way to notice many things, because theory... is just theory.

  12. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serious606 View Post
    Theres a difference between not standing to lose 50 np.
    and being gangbanged by 6 sins and not being able to get away.
    1. It would be your fault for wondering off alone with a party 6 sins out there.
    2. If you can't pick off the sins 1 by 1 then you don't deserve those 50np.
    3. Sins are meant for such things like sneaking up on people. For a party of 6 sins to sneak up to you unnoticed demonstrates great skills which in that case deserves your 50np.
    4. Lol, if you don't notice 6 sins in stealth mode using light feet around you.
    5. Seriously? It's only 50 NPs.

  13. #133
    Hostage
    Guest

    Default

    It's like when a priest is running with a warrior (#1) and finds someone solo. IE: Another warrior(#2). Warrior #1 starts in, priest duffs (malice & parasite). Warrior #2 redballs. Throws on a shield, pots once, and instantly towns. Do you really think that makes sense at all? Because the priest parasites warrior #2, he has much less HP and is able to pot once and town because of the 50% town BS. It's kinda like enabling the use of TP to friend scrolls in CZ......

    I really wonder if any of the people here have ever actually been in a decent party while using a voice program to communicate with each other...

    And why would you run into 20+ orcs anyways? Unless you're a GM, you are SUPPOSED to die.

  14. #134
    Devil's Advocate Senior Member Zealous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    I don't like the sound of this '80% town' proposal / implementation, on the basis that -

    - This arguably favors assassins (and to a lesser extent, priests) more than other classes, for several discernible reasons

    - People may become far more trigger happy with the /townages, i.e warriors, mages and priests may habituate to towning at 100% hp whenever they see a fair sized push coming (as a pose to running to the side to avoid the incoming group and preparing a flankgank).

    - I for one, am playing this server for reasons of both nostalgia and novelty. Keeping this server as close to the original knight empire model would be great.

    - Keep in mind that in a server like this, where seasoned players from all the USKO servers are uniting, there will naturally be a high level of competitiveness and a thirst for status. So if the minimum hp requirement to town is at 50%, and someone does choose to town, fucking meh ->

    -> go have a el oh el / namebash in vent.

    That being said, I will of course give the 80% townsies implementation a try in the official launch. Feel free to analyze / deconstruct / interpret (no supercunts / narutokids pl0x)

  15. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK F YEA
    Posts
    564

    Default

    well sayd Zealous

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •