Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

What's the staff working on?

This is a discussion on What's the staff working on? within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; This is what the ko4life team is working on right now: Pending KO Panel: This is our main priority right ...
Page: 1

Default What's the staff working on?

This is what the ko4life team is working on right now:

Pending
    • KO Panel: This is our main priority right now. Most of private servers hacked are due to lack of security in their KO Panels. We are doing a lot of changes to ours and redoing a lot of things to assure this doesnt happen to us.

Fixed:
    • Merchant dc fix: Players who buy stackable items they already have in their inventory, from a merchant (pots, BUS, etc.) get dc and loose their items.

Postponed
    • Map issues: We wanted this server to be like old KO and for that we used the old Piana/Breth maps. We have been working nonstop trying to make them work properly but so far we still got a few nasty bugs that we haven't been able to fix. The lunar gate in Piana is placed in the wrong spot, same as the safe zone. Also Breth has a "secret" entrance to the War map that let players get in without war (np bug abuse by killing warders/keepers without war). Also many mobs are missing/missplaced aswell as Guards in wrong places killing mobs. Luferson/El Morad Castle maps will be used instead so we don't delay the final release. Later on we will work on Breth/Piana maps.

I say piana and breth are not really needed, you anyway barely spend time there, and theyr'e not as good as emc and luff for invasions anyway
    go with bugless emc and luff!

Banned

I like this part a lot:
    Map issues: We wanted this server to be like old KO and for that we used the old Piana/Breth maps. We have been working nonstop trying to make them work properly but so far we still gut a few nasty bugs that we haven't been able to fix. The lunar gate in Piana is placed in the wrong spot, same as the safe zone. Also Breth has a "secret" entrance to the War map that let players get in without war (np bug abuse by killing warders/keepers without war). Also many mobs are missing/missplaced aswell as Guards in wrong places killing mobs. Right now we are deciding if just use the Luferson/El Morad Castle instead (which work flawless) so we don't delay the final release and later on we work on Breth/Piana maps.

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

i think the "use luferson/emc" thingy for now will be fine and will get less ppl cranky. the breth/piana thing can be used as an expansion nxt time, so i guess instead of going forward people will actualy go backwards xD. could include a real nice storyline too if u wan (although no idea why ppl read that crap)

Banned

EMC/Luf map would fix already a lot bugs for now. Less bugs-faster offical.
    Minor bugs - as they are (Minor)
    Good Panel-Good to go

Breth/Piana can come later when they fully functional

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

I agree, i think elmo/lufferson would be better, probably updating the old KO to KE would be better. The hp bar bugs are really annoying too.

DjKeViN2

what about dupes, is there any antidupe or something like that?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DjKeViN2 View Post
    This will go under security and yes there is

Quote Originally Posted by DjKeViN2 View Post
    It was implemented since the very beginning, so yes, there's an "antidupe".

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

dunno 1 reason of the the 3 why i came this serv is Piana / breath
    I really like that more than emc & luff since those maps are so lame :/
    So i rly don't care about minor bugs on map but that orc entrance should be fixed

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBringer View Post
    dunno 1 reason of the the 3 why i came this serv is Piana / breath
    I really like that more than emc & luff since those maps are so lame :/
    So i rly don't care about minor bugs on map but that orc entrance should be fixed
    In the event we do switch to the newer maps we will continue to try to fix the issues in the old maps so we can switch back in the future.

coffiscithur

getting piana and breth working is not top priority, priority is to launch official, am i right? tho i joined this server mainly cuz of those old maps/70 cap and so on. but later when you all have time, you could work on those maps aswell.

quote by devile.. "Right now we are deciding if just use the Luferson/El Morad Castle instead (which work flawless) so we don't delay the final release and later on we work on Breth/Piana maps."

i think you should make a poll and see the players input. I personally wouldnt mind the luferson/EMC map simply because it puts less on the table for the devs and like you said it can be implemented later... its obvious everyone is crying about the damn official release... people have no patience

make a poll but im sure luf/emc will get most of the votes...i want luf/emc becouse 2 reasons :

1st one : Old players,that played KO since it was released,know the old maps (breth/piana) and they know the new maps ofcourse (luf/emc)

2nd one : New players,well cant say new exactly,but peeps that started playing KO after KE (like me) dont know the old maps (breth/piana) but they know new maps (luf/emc) so they arent in any disadvantage regarding boss spawns if u use new maps (luf/emc).

Everyone wins

Banned

been waiting on this, yea just go luf / emc

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast