View Poll Results: What would you like?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • Increase the xp rate by alot (ex. 10x)

39 20.53%
  • Increase the xp rate by a little (ex. 2x or 3x)

82 43.16%
  • Stay with it the way it is now.

69 36.32%
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

XP rate *an important issue towards the future*

This is a discussion on XP rate *an important issue towards the future* within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by Arca_ nice of you to start a topic like this but fuck stop being so full of ...
Page: 2

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arca_ View Post
    nice of you to start a topic like this but fuck stop being so full of yourself "my clan plays all day" "we are assured to out level everyone" "you are slow"

grow the fuck up

ontopic: voted
    I'm not trying to say that in an egoish way, as I was serious as many of the clannies will be on the whole day. It's quite sad when you look at it actually, but in no way did I try to boost my clan in any way.

So how about you actually talk about the XP rate, as this is a topic that's created for that discussion and stop hating on what you think I was being egoish about.

Quote Originally Posted by Brahman View Post
    i voted for small increase as well... this is a private server... meaning people play these kind of servers because they dont have an abundance of time in real life due to university studies, work, etc. I was hoping the exp would be slightly better then that of USKO back in KE days but not the exact same.. that took quiet a while to level and although it was still enjoyable... i believe it was just way too much time spent purely on exping..I will still play this server from day one... but i hope they increase the exp even slightly...

i second that

ong

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    Nothing changed at least talking about the top players and first level 70s back in the day. I've see the top players and their leveling back in the day. Even though they leveled on trolls/apos like all day long, it still took them months and most over a year to get level 70, and I'm talking about the first ones that hit level 70.

As I said nothing changed, because there isn't anything greater given to us now, that the top players back in the day haven't figured out, and yet it still took them as I said, months and most even over a year to get 70, even them being the first ones to get it.

Trust me on this, if this is causing an issue now (seeing from the like the tons of KO players that I talk to daily on msn), then wait till you see a /fail in the server later on until most people give up. I personally won't, neither will most of my clan, because I said we will probably be one of the most active on the server,... but we are scared that later on we won't have anyone to go up against as this would seem quite a problem for quite alot, which would cause them to quit
    I am sorry but kid you are so conceited.
    This forum does not revolve around you and this server is not yours and your clans.

I am sure the people who created this server have their reasons for what they are doing and they will be able to adjust accordingly if they run into problems

What is wrong with you people. I simply stated why I created the topic, the reason being is because most of my clan is against the idea. This topic isn't about my clan,... read the fucking topic title. Discuss about the XP rate or gtfo if you are here to flame.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    As I said, I don't see much big of a difference if at 61 + you are getting 10k xp per harpy in a party of 8, then getting 5k in a party of 8,... a
    why change it all then?

Edited first post cause people rather come on topic to flame then actually discuss what the topic is about.

I thought we were going to be rewarded with more exp in a full party to encourage group lvling, rather then solo/duo/trioing ? (can't remember where I read this, but I coulda swore I read something like this)

Quote Originally Posted by BeePBeePiMAJeeP View Post
    I thought we were going to be rewarded with more exp in a full party to encourage group lvling, rather then solo/duo/trioing ? (can't remember where I read this, but I coulda swore I read something like this)

i hope its true but tbh, no PS managed to fix that somehow.

you ended up soling at harpies coz solo = 50x more xps than a full party xD

Opakigad

Imo the xp rate shouldn't be usko one and there are few points to that. I played LSKO and there it took about 2 weeks to get lvl 70 on trolls. Trust me there were ppl to raid and there were always some noobs to find and kill in cz ^^. Anyways as it was on SexyKO when he tried to make a farm server and put the xp rates low, ppl also started high thinking how it would be good to have something like that old ko feeling, but guess what, when most ppl quit noone new ever wanted to start because the rate was so high and they could never catch up to anyone who started on the start of the server so Sexy eventually closed the server. This is also one of the reasons why USKO has problems with older servers and everyone is rushing new ones, but usko is shit anyways. This server has a chance to be the best KO server so far so don't destroy the community with usko rates cuz most ppl will quit and although u would have more ppl than Sexy cuz of the events and everything I believe it would eventually be empty. If u read all this ur cool . Also I think money could be the issue but that's another topic.

Some people really need to learn how to argue.

I think we need to increase the rates just a little so is not as slow as old KO. Never liked the idea of being able to hit 70 in like few weeks or even days like most private servers. Hitting lvl60 should mean something like in the old days.

I think a much better way to help exping without actually increasing rates by a lot is improving the exp spots, adding more mobs to them. This helps not only AoE parties but melee aswells since they wont be fighting for exp spots and will easily cover 1 spot (8 mobs or so) with less ppl.

i think the idea about increasing the total exp output of a party with every additional player is a good idea. It will help solo players to find a good party cus then a bad player (low lvl, low gear, whatever ) will be better then a open slot at the party.
    This will make it easier for new starters to find clans and "friends"
    and to be honest thats what helds the ppl on the server, playing with friends.

HumanStupidityIsInfinite Senior Member xtommyleongx's Avatar

yeah... definitely need way more mobs to fill the map... the map is HUGE and many empty areas.... those that wants better exp rate... find another PS that suits your style... this isn't the only Private server out there... and when u do find a fast exp server... you will get bored fast...

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Some people really need to learn how to argue.

I think we need to increase the rates just a little so is not as slow as old KO. Never liked the idea of being able to hit 70 in like few weeks or even days like most private servers. Hitting lvl60 should mean something like in the old days.

I think a much better way to help exping without actually increasing rates by a lot is improving the exp spots, adding more mobs to them. This helps not only AoE parties but melee aswells since they wont be fighting for exp spots and will easily cover 1 spot (8 mobs or so) with less ppl.
    It's not an argument. It's a simply opinion that everyone in this community deserves to express as this is a server for the community. As I said before, it won't take people a few weeks to get level 70 if the exp rate is increased 2x or 3x times. You have to remind yourself that the bigger population of the KO players that used to play back then in KE were mostly teenagers who just attended school and played all day, and it was much easier,... and after those few years, that major population consists of people either working or going to universities, thus giving people less time to level. So back to my point, 2x/3x will not change much, and it certainly won't make people hit level 70 in a short period of time, such as you said, a few weeks.

DAFAQ Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by daonly View Post
    i think the idea about increasing the total exp output of a party with every additional player is a good idea. It will help solo players to find a good party cus then a bad player (low lvl, low gear, whatever ) will be better then a open slot at the party.
    This will make it easier for new starters to find clans and "friends"
    and to be honest thats what helds the ppl on the server, playing with friends.
    +1

Ppl who will start 2-3 weeks later will have hard time finding exp partys since we wont have huge number of players like we used to on USKO.

Hob

they cant put easy xp cause if its that, there will be too much high level and there will be like a private server

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    01-12-2010, 10:08 AM
  2. Hits: 24
    01-04-2010, 05:29 PM