View Poll Results: What would you like?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • Increase the xp rate by alot (ex. 10x)

39 20.53%
  • Increase the xp rate by a little (ex. 2x or 3x)

82 43.16%
  • Stay with it the way it is now.

69 36.32%
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

XP rate *an important issue towards the future*

This is a discussion on XP rate *an important issue towards the future* within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by DoomBringer Yes, cz will be ruled by nolifers wohoo! I know people which were/are no lifers and ...
Page: 12

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBringer View Post
    Yes, cz will be ruled by nolifers wohoo!

I know people which were/are no lifers and had/have sharers too so its fail post.

Finduilas

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjin View Post
    Nope, but I still wont whore my char for extra exp.
    Sharers only include "exp whores"? Could be relatives playing 2 accounts with mutual access. Or neighbours or whoever, not necessarily sharing for exp, just for fun.

imo a little bit increase wouldnt hurt too much, but again.. its actually not so easy to decide, based a few facts. From what i understood, the main idea of this old KO thing was to bring back the hardcore mode, where the nolifers really pushes their advantages over the edge, while those without time and no motivation to exp get pwned. its not so easy to please everyone, but if this project stick to the original idea, then no exp increase needed.
    HOWEVER, no matter who or where is hosting this server, its still a private server, I know whos taken care of the technical part of the server, and they know their shits, but still.. this isnt an official business server, so I for one wont be putting much effort for exping. Hell, even on USKO I never reached 70 before KE ended, but that wasnt my point. The bottomline is, private server is private server, grinding hardcore on an unofficial server just seems "not so motivating" to me..
    Another thing is the timeline, back the time where USKO had KO or KE, only a few reached 70, those who havent reached their desired lvl, did the exp to discover or achieve something they never did in their KO life, or to figure out about the new skill, I believe thats what used to motivate ppl to exp, I still remember those days with up to 8~10 hours of apos, just to get 62 and see how judgment was. But today, I start fall asleep or getting mentally sick if I exp more than 1 hour on Diez, and thats with plat prem + no exp penalty. Today u got KoK to read about the new skills, even a calculator to see how powerful u are at a certain lvl with a certain stats, almost everyone know how to combo, minoring, heal, tp, their lvl 70 skill etc. u get the idea. Exping have lost the exciting "discovering" purpose, now its just a "thing" or function that need to get over with asap.. Seriously, there cant be any fun in exping when ppl rush their lvls like nowadays, if u start chatting, the "productivity" starts to fall, and theres always someone who start to yell about it, u ppl should know that kind of ppl if u exped enough.

phew.. didnt expect to wrote this much..

I think this could give a solution, make a np > exp exchange. Maybe 100k or other amount of nps for 1 lvl above 62. That could make hardcore expers or account whoring less atractive. NP transfering could get crazy but having 2 GM's online as promised shouldnt be much problem.

grzequ

Why do people expect everyone else to level past 62?
    Until then you actually have to choose between 1920 heal or massive for bosses. So 62 will probably still be some kind of achievement you will be proud of. Then 65, with much less motivation.
    And 65->70 will continue to feel pointless, just like the old times.

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    I think this could give a solution, make a np > exp exchange. Maybe 100k or other amount of nps for 1 lvl above 62. That could make hardcore expers or account whoring less atractive. NP transfering could get crazy but having 2 GM's online as promised shouldnt be much problem.
    The need of exping forever is the thing that will probably keep the pk alive.

wtf is wrong with u guys? alot of u want exp easier this isint suppose to be +10 if u want shit like go play some other server..

Wth is wrong with u, no1 ever said anything about drop or upgrade rate in this server.. This is about exp, and just about if there should be normal exp or 200 or 300%, which will still be insanely hard (for a ps ofc, I don't think theres been servers with such a low exp rate before, at least that I know of).

then if u want exp increase just buy premiun cause if they increase it premiun will be worthless

ngojceta

Quote Originally Posted by C4pt4iN View Post
    imo a little bit increase wouldnt hurt too much, but again.. its actually not so easy to decide, based a few facts. From what i understood, the main idea of this old KO thing was to bring back the hardcore mode, where the nolifers really pushes their advantages over the edge, while those without time and no motivation to exp get pwned. its not so easy to please everyone, but if this project stick to the original idea, then no exp increase needed.
    HOWEVER, no matter who or where is hosting this server, its still a private server, I know whos taken care of the technical part of the server, and they know their shits, but still.. this isnt an official business server, so I for one wont be putting much effort for exping. Hell, even on USKO I never reached 70 before KE ended, but that wasnt my point. The bottomline is, private server is private server, grinding hardcore on an unofficial server just seems "not so motivating" to me..
    Another thing is the timeline, back the time where USKO had KO or KE, only a few reached 70, those who havent reached their desired lvl, did the exp to discover or achieve something they never did in their KO life, or to figure out about the new skill, I believe thats what used to motivate ppl to exp, I still remember those days with up to 8~10 hours of apos, just to get 62 and see how judgment was. But today, I start fall asleep or getting mentally sick if I exp more than 1 hour on Diez, and thats with plat prem + no exp penalty. Today u got KoK to read about the new skills, even a calculator to see how powerful u are at a certain lvl with a certain stats, almost everyone know how to combo, minoring, heal, tp, their lvl 70 skill etc. u get the idea. Exping have lost the exciting "discovering" purpose, now its just a "thing" or function that need to get over with asap.. Seriously, there cant be any fun in exping when ppl rush their lvls like nowadays, if u start chatting, the "productivity" starts to fall, and theres always someone who start to yell about it, u ppl should know that kind of ppl if u exped enough.

phew.. didnt expect to wrote this much..
    OMG, thank you !
    + fucking 1 !

Hob

agree too ..

I dont think it should be as hard as KO/KE was but I do think it should take people atleast 1.5-2 months to get 70, 1 month for no-lifers, knowing that it will take 5 months to get 70 isnt so appealing. Items should be almost as hard as KO/KE if not as hard.

SliceAndDice

Quote Originally Posted by Scream View Post
    Wat? How about you shut the hell up let ppl state their opinion. About the drop rate you are right.
    Ok Mi got Shut Down Bi Scream. Ill just go jump off my Friend's roof. Cuz i don't have a roof

Opakigad

Quote Originally Posted by grzequ View Post
    Why do people expect everyone else to level past 62?
    Until then you actually have to choose between 1920 heal or massive for bosses. So 62 will probably still be some kind of achievement you will be proud of. Then 65, with much less motivation.
    And 65->70 will continue to feel pointless, just like the old times.

The need of exping forever is the thing that will probably keep the pk alive.
    So u prefer that this is server where noone ever gets 70 and everyone pks on less than 70 and of course if someone gets 70 he is a god. Really fun and competetive.

Last time I checked, u actually need items and some teamplay to own in KO, not just level. But I could be wrong.

wawh

Let's just agree that an exp rate of USKO is ridiculous?

Even 2x the rate is stupid lol... Remember you exp'd at 3 spot trolls for +9 hours a day and that for 3 months and if you get lucky and not raided 24/7 you were 70.

THIS WILL NOT MAKE PEOPLE STAY, you can count on that.
    Private servers always follow a pattern

Lvl and be the first ones to take bowl/esland bosses, while pking against noobs and sometimes raiding, back to lvl, farm some items to lvl faster, get max lvl, pk, farm better items, pk, get bored, pk, /quit
    It will happen like this! Making the exp like usko... will make people not even get to the 3th step...

So in short: x7-x8 the exp of usko is good enough, this is around a month with a few hours a day to get 70

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    01-12-2010, 10:08 AM
  2. Hits: 24
    01-04-2010, 05:29 PM