View Poll Results: What would you like?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • Increase the xp rate by alot (ex. 10x)

39 20.53%
  • Increase the xp rate by a little (ex. 2x or 3x)

82 43.16%
  • Stay with it the way it is now.

69 36.32%
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

XP rate *an important issue towards the future*

This is a discussion on XP rate *an important issue towards the future* within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by ko4mylife i played in KE aswell and i miss it to, but what you people don't understand ...
Page: 17

Quote Originally Posted by ko4mylife View Post
    i played in KE aswell and i miss it to, but what you people don't understand is that it will never be the same. all the fun back then was to explore new stuff and that u didn't really need crazy gear and stuff to pk, but in this server, im sure that no1 will pk untill he get basic gear (ofc rogue that will be lvl 55 will try to pk, but he wont have any1 to pk against)

but w/e keep saying those stuff... at least ill can say i told you so
    srsly i had enough...you dont know shit now stfu and back to your corner...you're disturbing the other kids!

Quote Originally Posted by KrepiN View Post
    actually when rw dlvled we went cz apos for a quick lvl up.. took less than 5min to get 4-5 % at lvl 59..

imagin how fast it will be all the way..

LET IT STAY

u serious ? then xp should be lowered and not increased =/

I didnt expected to write that much and if u dont want to read all just start reading at "start reading here"

i think this agrument do lead to any solution, simple because a part of the ppl do not spend countless hours for exping for different reasons, may it be because its "just" a private server or cus they find exp boring. I absolutly understand it since I never was the type that wanted to exp, but i also had alot of fun exping.

The main point, i am favorating the orginal KO/KE exp rate, is that i do not like this "exp to cap and then start pk" thingy. And since the guys complaining right now about the exp, wont do anything else other then exp to cap before even think of pk.The only chance to avoid that is to make the exp hard so that ppl simply cant stand pure exping and doing pk for a change. That is biggest advantage for "low exp rate".

Never the less there will eitherway a pretty big gap between the so called "nolifers" and the "averages players" which i think is a big problem aswell. Ofcourse has there to be a different between someone playing 10h a day and someone playing 2h a day.

I would like to have a increased exp rate but only when the server has something to offer to avoid that the server life is shortend and that ppl wont hardcore exp to the cap and ignore the pking in the meanwhile. Since that will also ruins the pking for everyone else.
    Reason is that the total pking player will decreased at the time those ppl need to get 70.

(Start reading here)

An solution for this could be to raise the exp rate by a good bit ( for example the exp rate at Project: KE was quite good in my opinion) but also make a lvl restriction way below the cap. And with the time being raise this restriction abit and some time later again abit till the restriction is on the same lvl as cap(meaning no restriction at all except the cap ofc...).
    This will force everyone to pk with -70 for a good while and it still wont take ages of pure exping.

There will be still lots of ppl that exping straight to the restriction but then the gap wont be that big but everyone willing to spend more time at exp still has an advantage.
    On the other side ppl that cant/dont want to spend the whole day playing KO have a fair chance to compete with the others.
    This will lead to a win win situation (atleast imo) since the total numbers of potientell pkers are at the maximum. The ppl that got to the restriction already will pk just cus nothing else to do and the ppl that arnt got to it yet will pk cus they do not want to exp everytime.

grzequ

Quote Originally Posted by daonly View Post
    spam?
    XP rate *an important issue towards the future*

Quote Originally Posted by ko4mylife View Post
    i played in KE aswell and i miss it to, but what you people don't understand is that it will never be the same. all the fun back then was to explore new stuff and that u didn't really need crazy gear and stuff to pk, but in this server, im sure that no1 will pk untill he get basic gear (ofc rogue that will be lvl 55 will try to pk, but he wont have any1 to pk against)

but w/e keep saying those stuff... at least ill can say i told you so
    LMAO! Trust me, there will be LOTS of ppl pking even without the stuff! When Pandora launched, there was lots of ppl PKing with like 40-50lvls and no items. Bowl is the place to get uniques, there will always be people to farm it. Everything except for samma can be killed with a party of 40s

Also, as we all know how to play know, it's going to be way lighter than KE used to be. But it's going to be still fun :]

Quote Originally Posted by Arca_ View Post
    u serious ? then xp should be lowered and not increased =/
    well thats just cus were pro xD

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by daonly View Post
    I didnt expected to write that much and if u dont want to read all just start reading at "start reading here"

i think this agrument do lead to any solution, simple because a part of the ppl do not spend countless hours for exping for different reasons, may it be because its "just" a private server or cus they find exp boring. I absolutly understand it since I never was the type that wanted to exp, but i also had alot of fun exping.

The main point, i am favorating the orginal KO/KE exp rate, is that i do not like this "exp to cap and then start pk" thingy. And since the guys complaining right now about the exp, wont do anything else other then exp to cap before even think of pk.The only chance to avoid that is to make the exp hard so that ppl simply cant stand pure exping and doing pk for a change. That is biggest advantage for "low exp rate".

Never the less there will eitherway a pretty big gap between the so called "nolifers" and the "averages players" which i think is a big problem aswell. Ofcourse has there to be a different between someone playing 10h a day and someone playing 2h a day.

I would like to have a increased exp rate but only when the server has something to offer to avoid that the server life is shortend and that ppl wont hardcore exp to the cap and ignore the pking in the meanwhile. Since that will also ruins the pking for everyone else.
    Reason is that the total pking player will decreased at the time those ppl need to get 70.

(Start reading here)

An solution for this could be to raise the exp rate by a good bit ( for example the exp rate at Project: KE was quite good in my opinion) but also make a lvl restriction way below the cap. And with the time being raise this restriction abit and some time later again abit till the restriction is on the same lvl as cap(meaning no restriction at all except the cap ofc...).
    This will force everyone to pk with -70 for a good while and it still wont take ages of pure exping.

There will be still lots of ppl that exping straight to the restriction but then the gap wont be that big but everyone willing to spend more time at exp still has an advantage.
    On the other side ppl that cant/dont want to spend the whole day playing KO have a fair chance to compete with the others.
    This will lead to a win win situation (atleast imo) since the total numbers of potientell pkers are at the maximum. The ppl that got to the restriction already will pk just cus nothing else to do and the ppl that arnt got to it yet will pk cus they do not want to exp everytime.
    i agree, but also not agree..
    There will be a gap between nolifers and avarage players, but not for long..
    you'll notice the gap only after 1 month, when ppl hit lvl70.. but once the avarage ppl catch up , the gap will totally be gone.
    There will only be a difference in NP.

But i do feel bad for the ppl who join the server after a month or so, they will be forced to exp outside CZ and wait till they get 65/70 to go cz and farm their uniques.

ngojceta

ok, time for some screenies

Edana started on 21st of march 2006 (21.3.2006.)

This is 15.4.2006. - lvl 50

30.4.2006. - lvl 55

ok, so that's more than a month for lvl 55...

And finally lvl 61 - 30.9.2006 (I admit, I was always going to cz to see if I can ks something, perfecting my combo/running combo and well... enjoying myself. But that's what we're gonna do here too, right? but still, 6 months for lvl 61 including low lvl pk which you all are dying to feel again jeeeeez)

I know you can't see the dates here but they're true. So, that's around 6 months for lvl 61(before exp penalty ), I don't even wanna guess what time I would have to put into exping to 70 (notice that the last ss is from rofd so there were better monsters etc.) Somewhere around that time my kanka opaki joined my account and we needed 6 more months for lvl 70 (with all new monsters and shit) and that's around 1 year for lvl 70.

I know we gotta at least wait till open beta but I think there really needs to be an exp increase, don't you all? (after seeing my pro screenshots ofc )

Quote Originally Posted by ngojceta View Post
    I know we gotta at least wait till open beta but I think there really needs to be an exp increase, don't you all? (after seeing my pro screenshots ofc )
    it is already increased... it's not like USKO ...

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

I'm sorry, what?

Edana screens now? Alright, lets see.

And as you can tell by my NPs, I pk'd a lot.

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

No, schrotti. You have to be level 70 in order to PK and enjoy the game, now we must increase the xp rate to 500%.

P.S. I am being sarcastic.
    Last edited by SuperGhost; 01-07-2010 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGhost View Post
    No, schrotti. You have to be level 70 in order to PK and enjoy the game, now we must increase the xp rate to 500%.
    line stealer

Finduilas

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGhost View Post

P.S. I am being sarcastic.
    lal xD

(msg too short)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by schrotti View Post
    I'm sorry, what?

Edana screens now? Alright, lets see.

Good times xD
    Miss the times where Kekuriring was sooo awesome

lol at punisher's line 'ıs ıt your fırst spıke' such a stereotype

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2