View Poll Results: What would you like?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • Increase the xp rate by alot (ex. 10x)

39 20.53%
  • Increase the xp rate by a little (ex. 2x or 3x)

82 43.16%
  • Stay with it the way it is now.

69 36.32%
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

XP rate *an important issue towards the future*

This is a discussion on XP rate *an important issue towards the future* within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Well I personally got a problem, just like most of my clannies. For those of you who are not in ...
Page: 1

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Default XP rate *an important issue towards the future*

Well I personally got a problem, just like most of my clannies.

For those of you who are not in closed BETA, here are the statistics on what you kill and how much it gives you. REMEMBER, all these mobs were killed solo at level 60, meaning before the xp cut. (without premium)

In Piana
    1) dogs = 4k xp
    2) DKs = 4.7k xp
    In CZ
    3) harpy = 39k xp
    4) golem = 38k xp
    5) apos = 39k xp
    6) troll = 38k xp

Now imagine hitting level 61, and having the xp cut in half, now that's where things get serious... and also include the fact that you will usually be in a party of 8 which is major xp reduction.

Now tell me, would u guys want this kind of xp rate to stick and honestly take months or even over a year to get to 70, or would you want something like at least double the xp or tripling the xp?

I love the pork sword HONEST?!
    Last edited by tHeUnBeAtAbLe; 01-04-2010 at 05:44 PM.

Oldschool wanabe Senior Member gramps's Avatar

your other topic fails

Banned Senior Member

Remember how old KO was for leveling? Remember how everyone hates how it takes an all of 1 day to get max level on other servers?

This server was designed to stick to the good KO ( the old KO ) where yes, it will take you awhile to get to level 70. Honestly if you dont like that idea, go play USKO or some PVP Private server where you start off at 83 and cant kill anybody because everyone is in +10 and +5 gear

i wanna farm, i want this to be like mini usko way back! but with out the cheaters and shit

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    go play USKO or some PVP Private server where you start off at 83 and cant kill anybody because everyone is in +10 and +5 gear
    i 2nd that!

Quote Originally Posted by gramps View Post
    your other topic fails
    I know that... that's why I said close it.

I personally voted for the increase of the xp rate by 2x or 3x times.

ps. gramps, why do u even vote if ur not gonna play lol

Remember how old KO was for leveling? Remember how everyone hates how it takes an all of 1 day to get max level on other servers?

This server was designed to stick to the good KO ( the old KO ) where yes, it will take you awhile to get to level 70. Honestly if you dont like that idea, go play USKO or some PVP Private server where you start off at 83 and cant kill anybody because everyone is in +10 and +5 gear
    With 2x times the xp, I'm 100% sure that it won't take people to get 70 in a day. As a matter of fact it will still take people to months to get 70. I don't understand people who are trying to actually bring all of the aspects of KE back, because it will never be the same. As I said, I don't see much big of a difference if at 61 + you are getting 10k xp per harpy in a party of 8, then getting 5k in a party of 8,... as that is still way less then comparing to what most of us have played lately, and that is the ROFD, where we are used to gaining like 50k per DK, or like 100k per boroo in a party.

Cool

The exp isnt that bad.. Back in the days we only exp'd on apo's harpys and trolls.. 1 spot only!!!
    Now we exp on a whole new lvl.. with a good party you can do 3 spawn trolls and/or 2 spawn golems! wich kinda triples (3x ) the old school exp..

in other words, the exp will be faster than you think

Banned

It's damn cool if ppl are different levels. USKO pk was fun back in old days just because of the gear and level difference. Imagine if all the chars would have been the same level, it would had sucked badly. Everyone is still getting 70, nomatter what the exp rate is, because i doubt anyone would stay under 70, it's just the matter of time, it's just how it is in private servers. Sooner or later everyone will be the same level

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    With 2x times the xp, I'm 100% sure that it won't take people to get 70 in a day. As a matter of fact it will still take people to months to get 70. I don't understand people who are trying to actually bring all of the aspects of KE back, because it will never be the same. As I said, I don't see much big of a difference if at 61 + you are getting 10k xp per harpy in a party of 8, then getting 5k in a party of 8,... as that is still way less then comparing to what most of us have played lately, and that is the ROFD, where we are used to gaining like 50k per DK, or like 100k per boroo in a party.
    Times change, the game changes. It wont take people months to get to 70, they have enough knowledge of leveling to get it done in a nicely timed manor. The reason you are used to seeing 50k for mob kill is because you need what, 1-2 billion exp to level? Your going to see the same ratio in killing monsters to leveling as you would on USKO ( it was what... 5% an hour killing Apos on the way to 70? )

i voted for small increase as well... this is a private server... meaning people play these kind of servers because they dont have an abundance of time in real life due to university studies, work, etc. I was hoping the exp would be slightly better then that of USKO back in KE days but not the exact same.. that took quiet a while to level and although it was still enjoyable... i believe it was just way too much time spent purely on exping..I will still play this server from day one... but i hope they increase the exp even slightly...

2x or 3x exp would be just fine, exp would still be hella hard but u wont need to grind 24h a day to get somewhere, remember the exp theunbeathable told about was SOLO and BEFORE the exp cut as he said.. So lets say 10k/apos/troll/harpy in a fll 61+ pt, I don't know but I honestly think too many pple are too tired of playing KO for all these years and alot of them will quit, in the beginning it might seem challanging and stuff but U'll see alot of pple drop when they get to higher lvls with the old exp rates.. DON'T get me wrong, I do think exp should be a part of the game, I wouldn't even want to play this server w/o a hard exp rate, but I'm just afraid the server risks a whole bunch of pple if it runs on the exact same exp rate as before, especially those who don't have a shitload of time like many of us do have.. If they see it's impossible to get somewhere w/o grinding more then they're able too, they will ALL quit. This is just my opinion, and even if the server runs on same exp rate as in KE I will still go there and have fun.. Peace

Times change, the game changes. It wont take people months to get to 70, they have enough knowledge of leveling to get it done in a nicely timed manor. The reason you are used to seeing 50k for mob kill is because you need what, 1-2 billion exp to level? Your going to see the same ratio in killing monsters to leveling as you would on USKO ( it was what... 5% an hour killing Apos on the way to 70? )
    Nothing changed at least talking about the top players and first level 70s back in the day. I've see the top players and their leveling back in the day. Even though they leveled on trolls/apos like all day long, it still took them months and most over a year to get level 70, and I'm talking about the first ones that hit level 70.

As I said nothing changed, because there isn't anything greater given to us now, that the top players back in the day haven't figured out, and yet it still took them as I said, months and most even over a year to get 70, even them being the first ones to get it.

Trust me on this, if this is causing an issue now (seeing from the like the tons of KO players that I talk to daily on msn), then wait till you see a /fail in the server later on until most people give up. I personally won't, neither will most of my clan, because I said we will probably be one of the most active on the server,... but we are scared that later on we won't have anyone to go up against as this would seem quite a problem for quite alot, which would cause them to quit

Hemp Gru

i voted for: Stay with it the way it is now.

it will be enough imo

nice of you to start a topic like this but fuck stop being so full of yourself "my clan plays all day" "we are assured to out level everyone" "you are slow"

ontopic: voted

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    01-12-2010, 10:08 AM
  2. Hits: 24
    01-04-2010, 05:29 PM