View Poll Results: What would you like?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • Increase the xp rate by alot (ex. 10x)

39 20.53%
  • Increase the xp rate by a little (ex. 2x or 3x)

82 43.16%
  • Stay with it the way it is now.

69 36.32%
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

XP rate *an important issue towards the future*

This is a discussion on XP rate *an important issue towards the future* within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by Devile Last time I checked, u actually need items and some teamplay to own in KO, not ...
Page: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Last time I checked, u actually need items and some teamplay to own in KO, not just level. But I could be wrong.
    The lvl 70 might be really well equipped and if the playing experience between the players is almost the same then the lvl 70 wins. Spend few months no lifing to get to 70 as well or quit? Really hard decision for someone who isnt 13 anymore (feel the slap of sarcasm there?).

speedkill

Quote Originally Posted by Opakigad View Post
    So u prefer that this is server where noone ever gets 70 and everyone pks on less than 70 and of course if someone gets 70 he is a god. Really fun and competetive.
    people who have spent more time in xping are stronger, nothing weird about that? why does everybody have to be the max lvl lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wawh View Post
    Let's just agree that an exp rate of USKO is ridiculous?

Even 2x the rate is stupid lol... Remember you exp'd at 3 spot trolls for +9 hours a day and that for 3 months and if you get lucky and not raided 24/7 you were 70.

THIS WILL NOT MAKE PEOPLE STAY, you can count on that.
    Private servers always follow a pattern

Lvl and be the first ones to take bowl/esland bosses, while pking against noobs and sometimes raiding, back to lvl, farm some items to lvl faster, get max lvl, pk, farm better items, pk, get bored, pk, /quit
    It will happen like this! Making the exp like usko... will make people not even get to the 3th step...

So in short: x7-x8 the exp of usko is good enough, this is around a month with a few hours a day to get 70
    No-lifers will be 70 under a week and they will raid and make people quit.

Quote Originally Posted by MeeP View Post
    The lvl 70 might be really well equipped and if the playing experience between the players is almost the same then the lvl 70 wins. Spend few months no lifing to get to 70 as well or quit? Really hard decision for someone who isnt 13 anymore (feel the slap of sarcasm there?).
    so don't 1v1 level 70s? It's a team game, and 1 level 70 is not gonna make a big difference. Seriously, if you want everything to be equal, go play a pk server. If you get level 70 easy, will you have the same gear? No, so it brings it back to the same argument. The "no lifers" will have more gear than you so they will win.

lopezik

As i sayd bf.

1st try it at open beta then start talking about it.
    Cuz now its rlly dont make sense guys.

Quote Originally Posted by wawh View Post
    So in short: x7-x8 the exp of usko is good enough, this is around a month with a few hours a day to get 70
    so ko4life will be same like another priv ko, BORING after two weeks

Quote Originally Posted by C4pt4iN View Post
    imo a little bit increase wouldnt hurt too much, but again.. its actually not so easy to decide, based a few facts. From what i understood, the main idea of this old KO thing was to bring back the hardcore mode, where the nolifers really pushes their advantages over the edge, while those without time and no motivation to exp get pwned. its not so easy to please everyone, but if this project stick to the original idea, then no exp increase needed.
    HOWEVER, no matter who or where is hosting this server, its still a private server, I know whos taken care of the technical part of the server, and they know their shits, but still.. this isnt an official business server, so I for one wont be putting much effort for exping. Hell, even on USKO I never reached 70 before KE ended, but that wasnt my point. The bottomline is, private server is private server, grinding hardcore on an unofficial server just seems "not so motivating" to me..
    Another thing is the timeline, back the time where USKO had KO or KE, only a few reached 70, those who havent reached their desired lvl, did the exp to discover or achieve something they never did in their KO life, or to figure out about the new skill, I believe thats what used to motivate ppl to exp, I still remember those days with up to 8~10 hours of apos, just to get 62 and see how judgment was. But today, I start fall asleep or getting mentally sick if I exp more than 1 hour on Diez, and thats with plat prem + no exp penalty. Today u got KoK to read about the new skills, even a calculator to see how powerful u are at a certain lvl with a certain stats, almost everyone know how to combo, minoring, heal, tp, their lvl 70 skill etc. u get the idea. Exping have lost the exciting "discovering" purpose, now its just a "thing" or function that need to get over with asap.. Seriously, there cant be any fun in exping when ppl rush their lvls like nowadays, if u start chatting, the "productivity" starts to fall, and theres always someone who start to yell about it, u ppl should know that kind of ppl if u exped enough.

phew.. didnt expect to wrote this much..
    +1 well put there..

Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    so don't 1v1 level 70s? It's a team game, and 1 level 70 is not gonna make a big difference. Seriously, if you want everything to be equal, go play a pk server. If you get level 70 easy, will you have the same gear? No, so it brings it back to the same argument. The "no lifers" will have more gear than you so they will win.
    Dont forget these words in a few months

wawh

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyCurse View Post
    I rather have 2 weeks (it's not 2 weeks tho) of pure fun than 3 months of grinding

I fail to see the excitement about enless smashing mobs again. Thought most of us passed those days. Guess I was wrong.

Oh ye Freekaleek, you shouldnt take no lifers into consideration. You need to make a private thats focussed to the average players, not to the extreme standards. If you do the x5 xp gain, you'll get an avarage player to 70 at around 1-2 months, which is fine imo.

but getting new players is going to be hard after first months ?

Quote Originally Posted by renzorider View Post
    but getting new players is going to be hard after first months ?
    USKO still gets new players....

[QUOTE=wawh;2564822]Let's just agree that an exp rate of USKO is ridiculous?

""Even 2x the rate is stupid lol... Remember you exp'd at 3 spot trolls for +9 hours a day and that for 3 months and if you get lucky and not raided 24/7 you were 70. ""

lol i dont remember that. stop that bs with 70 lvl . If you have to you will always be at the bottom. Like someone wrote before faster xp will make hardcore players/sharers start pvp earlier you will never catch them with np/items/whatever. Its about team work.

"""Quote:
    Originally Posted by BloodyCurse

I rather have 2 weeks (it's not 2 weeks tho) of pure fun than 3 months of grinding """"

go ahead you have plenty "2weeks" servers.

grzequ

Quote Originally Posted by Opakigad View Post
    So u prefer that this is server where noone ever gets 70 and everyone pks on less than 70 and of course if someone gets 70 he is a god. Really fun and competetive.
    That has ALWAYS been the case, if we talk about 1v1 (more time = better level/items).
    And if 1v1 is the only thing you want to do, there will be other lvl 62-65s.

I didnt expected to write that much and if u dont want to read all just start reading at "start reading here"

i think this agrument do lead to any solution, simple because a part of the ppl do not spend countless hours for exping for different reasons, may it be because its "just" a private server or cus they find exp boring. I absolutly understand it since I never was the type that wanted to exp, but i also had alot of fun exping.

The main point, i am favorating the orginal KO/KE exp rate, is that i do not like this "exp to cap and then start pk" thingy. The only chance to avoid that is to make the exp so hard that ppl simply cant stand to just exp and doing pk breaks. Which is biggest advantage for "low exp rate".

Never the less there will eitherway a pretty big gap between the so called "nolifers" and the "averages players" which i think is a big problem aswell. Ofcourse has there to be a different between someone playing 10h a day and someone 2h a day.

I would like to have a increased exp rate but only when the server has something to offer to avoid that the server life is shortend and that ppl wont hardcore exp to the cap and ignore the pking in the meanwhile. Since that will also ruins the pking for everyone that is not hardcoring to cap.
    Reason is that the total player pk will decreased and as soon those 70īs come cz they got quite a big advantage about the others.

(Start reading here)

An solution for this could be to raise the exp rate by a good bit ( for example the exp rate at Project: KE was quite good in my opinion) but also make the a lvl restriction way below the cap. And with the time being raise this restriction abit and some time later again abit till the restriction is on the same lvl as cap(meaning no restriction at all except the cap ofc...).
    This will force everyone to pk with -70 for a good while and it still wont take ages of exping.

There will be still lots of ppl that exping straight to the restriction but then the gap wont be that big but everyone willing to spend more time a exp still have an advantage.
    On the other side ppl that cant/dont want to spend the whole day playing KO have a fair chance to compete with the others.
    This will lead to win win situation (atleast imo) since the total numbers of potientell pkers are at the maximum. The ppl that got to the restriction already will pk just cus nothing else to do and the ppl that arnt got to it yet will pk cus they do not want to exp everytime.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    01-12-2010, 10:08 AM
  2. Hits: 24
    01-04-2010, 05:29 PM