View Poll Results: What would you like?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • Increase the xp rate by alot (ex. 10x)

39 20.53%
  • Increase the xp rate by a little (ex. 2x or 3x)

82 43.16%
  • Stay with it the way it is now.

69 36.32%
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

XP rate *an important issue towards the future*

This is a discussion on XP rate *an important issue towards the future* within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by ko4mylife but you wont have any1 to fight against what can't you understand that the game and ...
Page: 16

dumb warrýon Senior Member Fridulin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ko4mylife View Post
    but you wont have any1 to fight against

what can't you understand that the game and the players have progressed? there is no1 who don't know how to play, ofc there are people who their combo suck and they are bad in pk, but i promise you that every1 will rush to 70 and wont pk, and if they will, they will go cz, die 1 time and go back to exp till 70
    i am sure rogues and mages going to pk below lvl 60 allready. warriors might wait for sword dance but priest dont wait for lvl 62. with this version of ko u gonna need a few days to get 62 and funniest days of a new servers are early days when a few ppl got spike and first warriors getting sword dance or some1 using novas. lvl 70 is a realy big step and tbh i think no1 in usko was solo lvling to 80 (before chaos) without any pk.

When I played in KE, I started spending most of my time pk'ing at level 55, and this is on beramus server a year or so into it, with level 70's and all. I used duel sword breaker +7, +1 chitin and +7 dex jewls on buffs in random parties. I only ever won one verse, against a paper mage in that period, but I just mastered the art of KS and party play.

I will be stoping exp at lvl 63 (on INT priest) and will not bother with level 70 on this upcoming server.

Well i voted for x2/x3 simply because i dont want to spend too much time lvling on a server that might not last for a long time. (and im not implying that it will fail or anything, im just saying its a private server, they tend to come and go)

I dont have a problem with exp rates - meaning the amount of exp required for each lvl, or the lvl cap, tbh i prefer lvl 70 cap, without all usko fancy items and other crap they added in expansions.

The thing that i worry about is the actual exp. To be precise what will it look like after lvl 61. If its like 10k's at best then im not sure if im up for it, and i dont even look for lvl 70, im more up for lvl 65.

Also another thing is, since this isnt old usko, meaning alot of us know exactly what were doing nowdays, id really like to know if they are going to change/add some mob spawns. For example, out of, what? 500 of us that are going to play there, how many do u think plan on lvling on CZ trolls? 90%? 95%? So if its 3 spawn CZ per each nation, then its going to be alot of fun for sure, some 200+ ppl competing for same exp...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StinkingSerb View Post
    Well i voted for x2/x3 simply because i dont want to spend too much time lvling on a server that might not last for a long time. (and im not implying that it will fail or anything, im just saying its a private server, they tend to come and go)

I dont have a problem with exp rates - meaning the amount of exp required for each lvl, or the lvl cap, tbh i prefer lvl 70 cap, without all usko fancy items and other crap they added in expansions.

The thing that i worry about is the actual exp. To be precise what will it look like after lvl 61. If its like 10k's at best then im not sure if im up for it, and i dont even look for lvl 70, im more up for lvl 65.

Also another thing is, since this isnt old usko, meaning alot of us know exactly what were doing nowdays, id really like to know if they are going to change/add some mob spawns. For example, out of, what? 500 of us that are going to play there, how many do u think plan on lvling on CZ trolls? 90%? 95%? So if its 3 spawn CZ per each nation, then its going to be alot of fun for sure, some 200+ ppl competing for same exp...
    how many ppl you think where playing back in the old ko? Beleave me more then 500 and still the xp slots where there to find. Case there will always be raids and stuf.

after readin the replies these are the two things i want to point out

1. Ppl are only complainin about xp so far is because there are some numbers posted. They have something to relate to and do the math. And also because, as mentioned the trend ppl tend to follow is max level>good gear. They havent gotten their mind off the first step yet to think about the second. Your telling me they wont complain about drop/upgrade rates when they get only 1 piece of shell out of killing like 30 dms for say, and that broke goin+5?? Yes they will.

2. About ppl who say the exp should be increased so there isnt much gap between no lifers and casual players. I am sorry to tell you but that can never happen. Even if the exp rates were increased, we cannot keep up with them for reasons like,
    - you hit 70, but u dont have enough time/money so you cannot unlock level 70 skills
    - you dont have as much time to farm/kill bosses to match up their items
    - Even when u are farming/tryin to kill bosses, your gona get rolled by the no lifers of opposing nation, or ks'd by the no lifers of your nation.

What i am tryin to say is, no matter what/how much they change the exp/drop/upgrade rates. A group of people who plays max 3-4 hours a day has no chance to compete with ppl who play 10+ hours a day.

i dont care what the exp/drop rates are goin to be as being the highest level and having the best items has never been my goal. i never hit the max level back then, and havnt hit the max level now. max level i got pre-rofd was 64, and after rofd 74. its about depending on ur skills and ur teams skills to reach the top, and not the max level/items. Something i havnt seen lately in ko, as ppl depend on sharers to hit max level and then babashop shit load of gear to dominate.

Its my opinion so dont flame me.

Even 3x exp rate dont help players who dont have time for exp (its still hard for them), they will quit because too many players get faster 70 lvl = farm more items.

I/we trying tell you why we dont want better exp,
    - because players will get max lvl faster and they will QUIT faster.
    With normal exp there will be balance at server from 800 -1000 account like in old usko ko in first 8 months
    (I litlle remember site from old ko, there was a table/stats with lvls and it was something like that,
    server Ares % about - i will try find it in internet):
    - 17% 40-59 lvl
    - 37% 60-61 lvl
    - 25% 62-64 lvl
    - 15% 65-67 lvl
    - 5% 67-69 lvl
    - 1% 70 lvl
    Most of us make 60-62, some 65 lvls and sparse 70. There will be not many players with max lvl at server.
    Now players know how to exping, ko4life server have litle better exp, probably will be more spot exp/mobs and probably better benefit from premium so why you want ruin IDEA ko4life admins ???

All talking about pure pk pk, pk, give me a break there are too many priv servers with this option.
    Second "priv server" "priv server"... look at usko you probaly exping hard before koxp, platinium premium, penalty exp after 80 lvl, now everyone who going to make lvl buy hf and start exp.. rest who dont want play with cheaters quit/stop play - not many players playing now at usko so USKO its almost down.
    For me k4olife server will be much better then usko.
    The qestion is where u want waste time at usko where customer support dont care about you, gms admins dont care about koxp, coruptions, developers dont care about bugs.
    For me server always crashed when ppl start dupe/using koxp/ many bugs.
    In ko4life there will be no koxp, no dupe etc only one thing can crash server in my opinion: hacker.
    But like Devile said: ko4life server has big priority - security - so dont be afraid.

PS when i made 83 lvl at usko, i start ful pk after 1 month i get boring.
    Now i have the best ap at server, almost the best items in game and i dont even log in game. Why?
    Because of koxp and because of k2 who delete penalty to 80 (soon there will no big difrence lvls in cz, all close to 80 or 80 +) for me server/usko its almost down that is the reason why i want play ko4life and stay her for long, not for 1-2 months so its necessary to make normal exp to keep players/server longer.

Holy long post
    Back to work

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AmocK View Post

1. Ppl are only complainin about xp so far is because there are some numbers posted. They have something to relate to and do the math. And also because, as mentioned the trend ppl tend to follow is max level>good gear. They havent gotten their mind off the first step yet to think about the second. Your telling me they wont complain about drop/upgrade rates when they get only 1 piece of shell out of killing like 30 dms for say, and that broke goin+5?? Yes they will.

2. About ppl who say the exp should be increased so there isnt much gap between no lifers and casual players. I am sorry to tell you but that can never happen. Even if the exp rates were increased, we cannot keep up with them for reasons like,
    - you hit 70, but u dont have enough time/money so you cannot unlock level 70 skills
    - Even when u are farming/tryin to kill bosses, your gona get rolled by the no lifers of opposing nation, or ks'd by the no lifers of your nation.

What i am tryin to say is, no matter what/how much they change the exp/drop/upgrade rates. A group of people who plays max 3-4 hours a day has no chance to compete with ppl who play 10+ hours a day.

i dont care what the exp/drop rates are goin to be as being the highest level and having the best items has never been my goal. i never hit the max level back then, and havnt hit the max level now. max level i got pre-rofd was 64, and after rofd 74. its about depending on ur skills and ur teams skills to reach the top, and not the max level/items. Something i havnt seen lately in ko, as ppl depend on sharers to hit max level and then babashop shit load of gear to dominate.
    we will see....

and you talking about skills in exp? the only class that need skills in exp is mage maybe.. lol which skills u need for exp? z r skill?

Banned Senior Member assassinofthemist's Avatar

agree with amoock's second point. exp rates should just remain the same

we will see....

and you talking about skills in exp? the only class that need skills in exp is mage maybe.. lol which skills u need for exp? z r skill?
    stop being so ignorant... looks like 90% of you have NEVER played a farm server ...It's NOT USKO!!!! You don't need the highest lvl to compete with all the babashoppers out there!! Trust me, Pking at 55-65 lvls is damn gg... some will EXP and some will PK... that's why there will ALWAYS be something to do...

we will see....

just wow at the fact that i have to clarify when i mentioned skill it meant individual/team skill in pk

Lets make it so it takes several years to get 70 so nobody bothers to go past 60 xD

Finduilas

There sooo will be (very good) pk on this server! Seeing as 90% of the server will try to exp in cz, you're bound to bump into the opposite nation sooner or later. And raiding exp spots with everyone using noobskills is always fun.

Imo the most fun thing about exping (in cz) isn't only shooting the shit with your clan/partymembers, it's also "taking a break" from 'dull' exp by getting raided/going on raids yourself. Nothing more fun than seeing them all die by a surprise attack or getting rolled yourself and set out again to "take revenge". ^^

(Edit) If the exp rate stays the same, and you do decide to play, are you telling me you won't ever go pk before you hit the max lvl?

I really really agree with all of that. Amen

Banned Member

Lol , every one of ko4mylife's posts made me laugh so hard.
    You are so imbecile , don't you get that we miss old KO? we didn't start playing when you did with all the platinum premium crap and boroos in CZ , and whatever else that makes exp so easy.
    I can get to 80 in 5 weeks in USKO on any char I'd like , but it took me almost 4 months to get to 64 back in old KO.
    Old KO's way of exp is the right way , not your spoiled way.
    If you don't like it , leave the server.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IOwnYouMoan View Post
    Lol , every one of ko4mylife's posts made me laugh so hard.
    You are so imbecile , don't you get that we miss old KO? we didn't start playing when you did with all the platinum premium crap and boroos in CZ , and whatever else that makes exp so easy.
    I can get to 80 in 5 weeks in USKO on any char I'd like , but it took me almost 4 months to get to 64 back in old KO.
    Old KO's way of exp is the right way , not your spoiled way.
    If you don't like it , leave the server.
    i played in KE aswell and i miss it to, but what you people don't understand is that it will never be the same. all the fun back then was to explore new stuff and that u didn't really need crazy gear and stuff to pk, but in this server, im sure that no1 will pk untill he get basic gear (ofc rogue that will be lvl 55 will try to pk, but he wont have any1 to pk against)

but w/e keep saying those stuff... at least ill can say i told you so

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    01-12-2010, 10:08 AM
  2. Hits: 24
    01-04-2010, 05:29 PM