View Poll Results: What would you like?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • Increase the xp rate by alot (ex. 10x)

39 20.53%
  • Increase the xp rate by a little (ex. 2x or 3x)

82 43.16%
  • Stay with it the way it is now.

69 36.32%
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

XP rate *an important issue towards the future*

This is a discussion on XP rate *an important issue towards the future* within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Originally Posted by MeeP The main issue here is the developers who lack the knowledge how-to. Without a dev who ...
Page: 9

Quote Originally Posted by MeeP View Post
    The main issue here is the developers who lack the knowledge how-to. Without a dev who knows assembly backhand all you got is that attitude that what when problems rise you will solve them after they come.

DB wipes and server hackings are so common thing and they have ruined so many good servers. Anyone who has hosted a server in their right mind would not waste their money on hosting a Knight Online server again. It was coded by professionals and im not saying you should recode it and then launch, im saying if you cant edit the source of the problem then these fast fixes are short term.

Its a private server, the good old times are gone (aka you know the game, what are you going to find, that spike really does what it used to do?) and you cant get them back.

To all old-schoolers, ask yourself, why did you quit in the first place? Shitty customer support? I left several times since the game didnt give me anything back, it wasnt a challenge, i played every possible char and build and it was 0 challenge.

Arca, if your asian then go fuck yourself for being a homo. (this was based on your logic which you used in the entire topic, HOOAH!)

Unbeatable, learn to make arguments for gods sake, if people point out several times that your clan isnt a reason for them to change the way things are then stop using it, base it only on what your talking about - experience from playing other private servers, USKO and MYKO.

Suggestions:
    1. Longer open beta.
    2. Increase exp by 50%.
    I doubt he can comprehend a situation where he and his clan weren't absolutely necessary to the survival of the server. After all, they are by far the best clan ever to be on the internets!

Also, I agree that there needs to be some xp increase, I suggested 50% before. However, this poll fails hard because "a little xp increase" is not 200-300%, and 1000% is beyond ridiculous.

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

TooMuchSteroidsS

i have to agree with unbeatable with every word that he said so far ,
    seriously? with all the respect to Felix , Devil ,Shurt , and the rest that i didn't mentioned,
    have you ever played in any privet server?
    im pretty sure you didn't.
    you need to listen to the community , those who actually played privet servers. because we know what is wrong and what is not..
    and the way it is now.. the server will not be a successful.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuchSteroidsS View Post
    seriously? with all the respect to Felix , Devil ,Shurt , and the rest that i didn't mentioned,
    you need to listen to the community , those who actually played privet servers. because we know what is wrong and what is not..
    Me and alot of my friends played private KO and we got bored of it in 7 days...They trying to run ko4life server like a regular ko,not as some randome private server.

Banned Senior Member

To the person who said all hosters get hacked and never do it again, they never had Devile and Mee: running their systems

We all have. Hell, I even GM'd one. Personally, I understand we need to listen to the community. That's great and we will. However, what no one seems to get yet is that the server hasn't even hit open beta yet and you guys already want to change things. Let the game hit open beta and play it a bit. Then, at that point, we'll be more than happy to look into changing things on the end-user side of things.

We're not saying, "no", we're saying, "not yet".

Banned Senior Member

Ok look like this,if you make lvling easier and getting items aswel you will lose more players then by making regular KO,i see here only "unknown" players atleast for me complain,and those that are here since 2006 are for regular KO.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    To the person who said all hosters get hacked and never do it again, they never had Devile and Mee: running their systems
    What kind of experience are we talking about?

TooMuchSteroidsS

Shurt, i wanna know 1 thing..
    we wont be able to get free pk scrolls?.. comon... this is a privet server :\...

we wont be able to get free pk scrolls?.. comon... this is a privet server :\...
    No, you won't. You'll have two options for buying them, 1) buy them in the PUS for an undetermined amount, or 2) buy them in Sundries for something around 50m.

Banned

no and there are inuf good reasons for it

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    It's also very possible that one of the admins has changed the vote amount. If someone can tell me how to edit the poll, so when you click the number it shows the members who voted,.. then I will change it. Or if one of the admins can do it, that would be great.

I just got back from my lectures, and read the last 3 pages, and from what I see there were more people for the raise then for the stay, with both sides pointing out good arguments.

I don't know about the rest of you, but ask any MYKO player,... how disappointed they were when MYKO closed down and they spend all that time leveling and consuming their time on? I personally don't want to waste time on a server which is the exact same replica of the official KE version on USKO/MYKO, but yet it's run by people who are programming/running it in their spare time. What I'm trying to say is, I don't want to have to level 6 or whatever months to level 70, and afterwards having to feel shit that I wasted so much time on it to only see it close down or being hacked. Many of you USKO people might not know about the feeling,... but the people that have been in MYKO before USKO, know that feeling,... the feeling of wasted time. And we are comparing MYKO here, which was an official KO server, to ko4lifeKO, which is a private server.

People have to wake ta fuck up, the good old times won't come back. Most of us back in KE times didn't know better but then to pk at level 62 or whatever, as 60-62 was usually the average level of the servers. What I'm trying to understand is, people will actually have the patience of going from 100k xp per mob in USKO now-a-days, back to 5k a mob in this private server? Honestly, wake up,... cause if that's what you do in life, meaning if you take steps back, going from the bigger stuff to smaller stuff, then you are a failure.

It just isn't the same as before. I know personally myself and my clan, and probably many other people/clans out there will rush to level 70,... and when that, let's say 10% of the people are level 70 while the rest of the server averages on like 55-60, do you think you will ever see those 55-60 people in CZ? Those 55-60 people will only be looking forward to leveling, which is nothing fun if you have to sit for months doing it, and will take a long time to get to 70 (in that meantime the pk will be dead for the people already lvl 70, causing most to quit), or for those who don't want to level, will just quit. All in all, it's not a bright future to be looking forward to.
    Do you like whinging? I feel like my girlfriend is on this forum..... Who are u?

Quote Originally Posted by festo View Post
    Do you like whinging? I feel like my girlfriend is on this forum..... Who are u?
    Lawl... that sums up how much you are recognized on this forums along with your "myko legend clan".

Quote Originally Posted by festo View Post
    I am on this forum!

I feel pity for people who can do shit without max lvl.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 2
    01-12-2010, 10:08 AM
  2. Hits: 24
    01-04-2010, 05:29 PM