Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Zomg teh corruptiong!

This is a discussion on Zomg teh corruptiong! within the KO4life Private Server Area forums, part of the Private Servers category; Did i fraking sound like i was giving a dam who duped what and who injected what to someones face? ...
Page: 2

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Did i fraking sound like i was giving a dam who duped what and who injected what to someones face? NO

I want solid thoughts about security and anti-corruption messures, not some "NO CORRUTPTION, dont play if u dont like it", bad excuses or QQ about some duped fraking shard.

PKE died with a reason, thank god its gone. Now GIMMI someone whos competent on this matter, not random nofactors who cry about their shards legynezz. IF u got smth smart to share, do so. If not, dont bother.

if you were smart enough to read my post you would already know something

I won't go in much detail here but I can tell you:

• GMs can't spawn bosses. We are still looking into how to enable/disable this for events.
    • If we enable this, those commands are logged and all GMs have access to READ logs. Pretty much all our actions are logged, even chat logs.
    • GM chars do low damage. No more 30k damage.
    • We are defining clear rules for all GMs so everyone knows exactly their roles, responsabilities and limits.
    • GM chars won't have much money or any uber items on them to give away. If they trade or give anything to a player, logs will tell.
    • All GMs are part of the same clan. We can see who's online and they can arrest each other and see what they are doing at any point. Actually, I will encourage them to do so, in order to be sure everyone is playing by the rules.
    • Access to the DB in any way (tools, SQL manager, etc.) is limited to 4 ppl now during beta. Will prolly reduce to 2 for final release.
    • We will have a strong focus on teamwork and communication so all GMs participate and nobody is left aside doing "who knows what".

I'm very confident on the staff we got today and I trust each and everyone of them. It would be stupid to say this would NEVER happen. We are all humans and this is always a possibility, yet, the chances of happening are extremely low aswell as the impact.

Low chance of GM corruption, low impact on the server. That's all I can garatee and don't think there's any other server in the world, K2 or private that can come any close to us in this matter.

Maybe there won't be item corruption, but what about spawning mobs? I mean do you see that as corruption too?

i.e: a gm sees his old clan/friends level up on trolls, the gm is like, hey let me spawn 343454 rabbits for them, that give 100k exp each. Would you consider that as corruption aswell? Cause tbh this is what I see happening, GM's helping people exping by spawning mobs for them.

I mean, we all know how it goes from other priv servers, even USKO. A gm shows up, people ask for a boss, gm doesnt do it, so they ask for rabbits or whatever...

Kecso

dude are u reading???? he said GM s CANNOT spawn mobs boosses and so...

hoody

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
    Maybe there won't be item corruption, but what about spawning mobs? I mean do you see that as corruption too?

i.e: a gm sees his old clan/friends level up on trolls, the gm is like, hey let me spawn 343454 rabbits for them, that give 100k exp each. Would you consider that as corruption aswell? Cause tbh this is what I see happening, GM's helping people exping by spawning mobs for them.

I mean, we all know how it goes from other priv servers, even USKO. A gm shows up, people ask for a boss, gm doesnt do it, so they ask for rabbits or whatever...

it cannot happen.if gm doesnt know the summon code he cannot spawn any monsters or bosses.

besides rabbits give you very little xp here :P

Finduilas

Rabbits raped me last time they got spawned on top of me :P And then they made my game crash.... xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kecso View Post
    dude are u reading???? he said GM s CANNOT spawn mobs boosses and so...
    I posted at the exact same time as Devile did, so no i did not read it.

Quote Originally Posted by cizia View Post
    wait, wut? u kiddin' me, right? We all know what was happening to Nonames... I have even had Xoemi's confession saved on my HD, but I think I've deleted it when KE was supposed to go up again few months ago...

Anyway, from what I've read in some other topics, GMs are not able to spawn bosses and their dmg (30k) is reduced by a lot

btw, hi Hoody

//edit: bleh I didn't read all the posts b4 posting mine :P
    agree about devil

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    besides rabbits give you very little xp here :P
    Us, GMs, can't even summon rabbits! My evil plan to take over KO4Life server has failed before it started. =(

On a more serious note, I highly doubt that we'll be seeing GM corruption on this server not only because limitation set on us (see Devile's post) but the people behind it.

Tbh there are more forms of corruption than mere item gyfting/boss partys. There are things that are kinda hard to avoid and almost inevitable.

I was confident that there are sufficent "limitations" on GMs. But id love to a point where ppl can actually be sure for themselves. Hence teh item/inventory/trade viewer or whatever. Some random popup from 2010 who havent even played KE has no clue who Devile is and why a place like ko4life even exists. If theres a need to QQ and ragequit in forums everyone can cook up some corrption shit (just an example).

Another thing is the matter of so called CS? Hows that gona work out and lets not forget, its a huge hole of corruption if it turns out bad.

Mind sharing with us all those many ways of corruption that are "hard to avoid and almost inevitable" ?

What about CS? How is it a "huge hole of corruption" ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post

• All GMs are part of the same clan. We can see who's online and they can arrest each other and see what they are doing at any point. Actually, I will encourage them to do so, in order to be sure everyone is playing by the rules.
    Oooo RLY ^_^

Atleast where i come from, insider info is considerd as a bigbig thing and punishable act. In game this can start with smallest of things like letting certain ppl know when the server is gona restart and checking if isiloon is up, ending up with totally sycryt info.

But the thing is, most of the GMs are from diez and are old members of this forum. Even i know most of them on a "hi mate, sup?" lvl. Nothing rly stops them for giving me info on no matter what subject other than moral lwls.

There are few more thingys that could be summed up as "hard to detect and hard to avoid". The above was just an example.

About the matter of CS, in the end its the same as a normal CS in outside gaming world. So it mostly covers the same faults. I.e "my friends wifes piano teachers brother-in-law knew mr X, who got us the tickets to world cup finals"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast