Is hardcore the only way?

This is a discussion on Is hardcore the only way? within the Diablo forums, part of the PC Gaming category; I've gotten sick and tired of farming in softcore only to end up with lots of trash. AH prices are ...
Page: 1

HumanStupidityIsInfinite Senior Member xtommyleongx's Avatar

Default Is hardcore the only way?

I've gotten sick and tired of farming in softcore only to end up with lots of trash. AH prices are ridiculous. SC economy is screwed. Countless botters.

Hardcore has really gotten me playing D3 again in a very different perspective (character build-wise / knowing when to flee or kite / paying more attention to surroundings / using skills and pots when only necessary / never chase gobs into unknown areas etc)

It offers adrenalin rush playing hardcore with "permanent death could be around the corner" feeling. I get so pumped up every time whenever my hp goes below 50% and even more when my screen goes red.

HC AH and economy are still in a good shape and not flooded with gazillion items/coins.

HC mode has very good item sink. Even high paragon level and fully geared characters get killed and loose everything.

The only downside of HC mode is permanent death together with loosing all your hard earned items but that is what makes it hardcore.

You might occasionally die from lag / DC or PKers which is totally out of your control. Accept the death, Buckle up and REROLL !!

Try it and you won't regret it !

Peace out :P

I have had some serious thought about starting up a HC toon once i reach 100 paragon (lvl 88 atm).

If the game gets dull for me, I just might.

Not afraid to die, its just a game after all lol. But I don't like the online feature. That means the destiny of my HC toon is out of my control, which I don't like.

I can only play on Wi-Fi connection and you just never know what could go wrong lol.

I really need to grow a pair and play, but maybe if I had some company playing HC, I might feel better (and safer).

How are you liking it so far? I bet a lot of the trash items I find in SC have some serious value in HC. That alone might make me switch.

my battletag is skitz#1750 if you wanna hit me up man.
    link to my profile below

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SkiTz-1750/