Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lostinvegas

Help a noobie out with D3

This is a discussion on Help a noobie out with D3 within the Diablo forums, part of the PC Gaming category; So i just bought a macbook and cause of that i cant play pathofexile anymore since its not supported and ...
Page: 1

k66k Senior Member ShellinShitakaMad_doll's Avatar

Default Help a noobie out with D3

So i just bought a macbook and cause of that i cant play pathofexile anymore since its not supported and i bought d3, waiting for it to arrive, was wondering if anyone can give me any hints tips, what class to play as beginner and like point me out basics of the game, what to do what do get and what not to get and what not to do, played the starter atm cause coudnt wait for the game to arrive, made a wizard but i can always make a new one, shud i do crafting and train it and basics as suchs, what are the stats i need to look for at items for each class and such. Thank You in advance.

Banned

Best advice: return it. Game went to the shitter a long time ago. If you wanna play d3 then get it on console.

While D3 might not be the best game in it's current state, alot of improvements are coming with the upcoming expansion such as;

- Removal of the Auction House
    - New class
    - Different difficulties

and tons more, if I was you I'd just try out a few different classes and try to get a feeling as to what might suit you the best.

Oh and also, the official forums usually have some decent guides on them so take a look there.

I really have no idea if anything of what I will say is of any use but here it goes. I got it on day 1, took me about 3 months to finally beat Diablo on Inferno. After that there was nothing much to do (I know they did some changes to add some post end game fun but I never went back to it since the game lacked the end game mojo of D2).

I plaid a mage. The game only gets hard at Inferno. Before that its not really hard to get by even with unconventional builds. Thats where you got stuck farming for items. You could do Act 1 Inferno without too much trouble with your Act 4 Hell gear. But getting through Act 2 was fuckin brutal. The way the game was designed, Act 2 Inferno had lvl 62 mobs and the best you could get where lvl 61 items in Act 1 Inferno. So you had to drop some cash to get items from auction house or just farm fest it up. What you did was get your Nefalem Valor to 5 (many different routes) and finish up with the Butcher, the other option was to farm Goblins but they changed the way the extra magic % drop rate worked and that was no longer viable.

Act 2, getting through Belial was a pain in the ass like no other. Holy fuck. I am sad to accept that I wasnt able to solo him on my mage. I killed him with a Demon Hunter friend that had mad DPS. The thing about Act 2 is that there where so many mobs that could just jump you and crush you that it made it just too brutal without proper gear.

Act 3 was much easier for me. Since it was rather easy to kite mobs with proper skill builds. Ill explain the main builds I used in a bit. In Act 3 once you got to the siegebreaker you where set. Tyrael did an insane amount of damage (was reduced shortly after peopel figured you could WTF farm him, also I think his drops where tweaked or something, not really sure on this one) so killing it was super easy. Again you just got your NV to 5 and kill the siegebreaker. That got you good enough gear (either by using it or selling in AH) to finish up Act 3.

Act 4 was rather easy as well. I dont think I stopped to farm anything. Cant fully remember but I think Siegebreaker was the last thing I hardcore farmed before finishing the game. The hardest part was Belial and the jump from Act 1 Inferno to Act 2.

About builds, the main build I used through out the whole game was: Shock Pulse with Piercing Orb, Venom Hydra, Teleport with Fracture or wormhole and Arcane Orb or Diamond Skin. EDIT: There was a shield, cant remember the name, one gave you extra % based resis and the other just made it so you couldnt loose more than 35% of your health in one blow. Used the latter before I got GG gear and the first after I got it. That shit had to be on 24/7.

The main thing was that Illusionist passive skill. That did the trick, every time you got hit hard you would be able to use your Teleport, relocate and keep fighting.

If anything, you dont need help to get through first 3 level of difficulties. And by the time you get to Inferno even without guides and shit you should have a more than decent idea of what you are doing. Worst case scenario look up some strems, since not that many people are watching them Im sure the streamers will most likely answer your questions.

Good luck!

thx jammin

game is dead might be booming once Auction house is gone march 2014

do i srsly seem to give a fuck if people think its dead or not, i bought the fucken game and im gonna play it, never really asked if you think if its dead or not. You can keep comments like that do yourself, if ur not gonna post anything helpful here then fuck off and stop postfarming, ty

Quote Originally Posted by ShellinShitakaMad_doll View Post
    do i srsly seem to give a fuck if people think its dead or not, i bought the fucken game and im gonna play it, never really asked if you think if its dead or not. You can keep comments like that do yourself, if ur not gonna post anything helpful here then fuck off and stop postfarming, ty
    Exactly. To be honest I suggest you do like I did. Ignore all trash talk about the game. Check out class introductions and pick the class you really feel like you wanna play and just explore. I bought D3 without trying D1 or D2 and I bet I enjoyed it way more than most people. I followed the story and geared my own character without looking into auction house. I didn't know anything about the game in the beginning but I learnt over time and mastered Demon Hunter to the point that it was already boring. I'm really waiting for the expansion now though and I'm happy to hear AH and loot system are going to be changed.

First off it was an opinion that it's currently dead until the auction house gets removed in march 2014 because you'll find more players returning to the game as it'll improve once again. I suggested it's dead because in reality it is I play the game everyday and I see it. I'm hardcore level 60 para 78. so don't need to get all edgy and say someone is postfarming or something if I was post farming I'd go post in everythread.
    MrRapist likes this.

moimoi kallop old homo, which would be a good melee character with good aoe skills and the ability to tank abit without buying anything with real money + should i train my blacksmithing or w/e it was called(ps: still waiting for my diablo to arrive, cause currently im located at australia but i ordered it from hong kong, should get it maybe tomorrow or next week, wanna play it already)

moimoi kallop old homo, which would be a good melee character with good aoe skills and the ability to tank abit without buying anything with real money + should i train my blacksmithing or w/e it was called(ps: still waiting for my diablo to arrive, cause currently im located at australia but i ordered it from hong kong, should get it maybe tomorrow or next week, wanna play it already)
    Well basic stuff:

Range characters:
    - Wizard
    - Demon Hunter
    - Witch Doctor

Melee classes:
    - Monk
    - Barbarian

I think only barbarian has an aoe skill but I think it is that interesting in the long run. Never played it though Demon hunter/wizard got loads of aoe skills but for them it's like run and click over and over again. I like Demon Hunter's acrobatic skills and traps for escaping though. Wizard is pretty much the same, maybe a little more attack type though. Never played monk but they got some supportive skills and are pretty much like Barbarians. Witch doctor is it's own story.. Dunno how to describe it tbh. Just check som videos from youtube :P

D3 is still a decent game to kill time for me. I've logged 1k plus hours since release. If you want some tips or gear help let me know. I'm bored as hell and don't mind leveling you or giving some old gear. I've got experience with every class. Dh is at p100 monk at p80 barb wiz WD just started on so they are in 20-50.

Barb is by far the quickest farming class. I would suggest starting with it. It's fun and quick paragon grinding. I'm enjoying wizard too. It's overall a great fluid game with fun combat and decent animation skills. And unfortunately that's all it has going for it. Add me. Skitz#1750. I'll be back on when I get back from training for my new job next weekend