Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

hmm tip?

This is a discussion on hmm tip? within the Diablo forums, part of the PC Gaming category; ermm... looking at your barb profile... it isn't really bad at all... just a little low on the Resist part... ...
Page: 2

HumanStupidityIsInfinite Senior Member xtommyleongx's Avatar

ermm... looking at your barb profile... it isn't really bad at all... just a little low on the Resist part... try getting 600AR (Unbuffed)/900-1k AR (Buffed) and you'll do just fine... also try upgrading your gems...

if you wanna farm Act3 together...hit me up... im on the US as well.. and play almost everyday (5-6 hours a day after work)

Here's my battletag : CrankyMonky#2942

yeh ive upgraded a few things since i made the thread. but cant really upgrade much, 1.6m and still no luck with drops so its a slowww progress. next time i log on ill add ya, i think mine is GAR#1287, but cant remember exactly off the top of my head.

I have a DH , paragon 76 so I have some experience.

Been through your phase of the game (low dps output, slowly doing alka runs)

Luckily I hit a jackpot drop back on the first day of 1.04 (got a 350m tal rasha set source drop to fund my gears)

Now I have multiple gears for different builds(legacy nats, tank/dps gear, etc)

But before that I was grinding my butt off for better gear slowly hoping for drops

Question, do you use MF? I never really used it when I was low lvl paragon but I found it does help(you get a better chance of getting 6 affix rares, which in turn means you have a better chance of getting a decent yellow drop and more legendaries too)

RNG is still RNG, it's usually a two edged sword. I got that 350m set source drop in a pub game with just 2 stacks in kd1. I have yet to find anything CLOSE to that kind of drop with high MF.

Since your weak (no offense, everyone is at somepoint in this game), focus all your money on tank/dps gear. Screw the MF for now(unless you find a peice yourself) But DPS/protection gear is priority one imo.

If I were you, I would just do MP0/1 Alkahzier runs in A3. Best xp, high mob density and high elite encounters = better chance of finding that unique.

I run an alternate route myself nowdays for xp/loot runs in A3

I typically do MP1/2
    -core to Waypoint
    -WP to TD1 (full circle back to WP)
    -WP to AC2
    -AC2 end to ToC1 (I only go to the first portion , cause theres always a shrine or elite there)
    -back to WP from ToC1 to rakkis crossing
    -Clear all the way down rakkis into the FoS, do full circle, head to WP
    -WP to Kd2
    -Clear Kd2 and take breach exit into Kd3
    -End

That run takes me 20 mins max on my legacy gear (i got 195k dps with it, so yea that helps)

But don't worry, just keep these kind of runs, or make your own up, whereever you can find high density of mobs and lots of elites

I've kept a log of legendaries found since 1.04 released. Upto 147 now. 50% of the legendaries have been from elites, 45% from trash, other 5 from random(gobs,chests,purple bosses)

CLEAR EVERYTHING in the shortest time possible. You have absolutely no idea when that beam of light is gonna light up.

That would be my advice. All it takes is luck and time. Add me if you want, we can do some runs in A3 if you want, skitz#1750

ill try that, and yeh ill add ya, i play random thanks to swing shift work schedules but its a lot funner with someone.

HumanStupidityIsInfinite Senior Member xtommyleongx's Avatar

@SkyS1n : besides gems, try getting a Life Steal belt and you should coz its Barb-exclusive only. You can also try to get rings with crit chance/crit dmg... that will boost your DPS and keeps your fury up better when dancing XD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12