New To Mage

This is a discussion on New To Mage within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Hey, I am not new to KO but I have never seriously played a mage. I am going to play ...
Page: 1

ssima

Default New To Mage

Hey,

I am not new to KO but I have never seriously played a mage. I am going to play on a PS with a lvl 73 cap (KI). I plan on either going Flame or Light and want to be damage-oriented, not support. So any and all suggestions for mage are appreciated.

I have done some searching of posts and seem like I can either put 160 into int and rest into mp or spread it between mp and hp. Also, I have researched the paper build but I dont think that would be successful in the server I am playing in. Last, I have heard of the crystal build but dunno how that works. Hope you can help me.

Thx in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by ssima View Post
    Hey,

I am not new to KO but I have never seriously played a mage. I am going to play on a PS with a lvl 73 cap (KI). I plan on either going Flame or Light and want to be damage-oriented, not support. So any and all suggestions for mage are appreciated.

I have done some searching of posts and seem like I can either put 160 into int and rest into mp or spread it between mp and hp. Also, I have researched the paper build but I dont think that would be successful in the server I am playing in. Last, I have heard of the crystal build but dunno how that works. Hope you can help me.

Thx in advance!
    If ur going to play fire mage,go on WOE build.100 int and rest on mp,hp.If ur going to play light/ice,go on 160 int and rest on MP (so u have good stun or slow + nice dmg).

Banned

I dont suggest WOE build with 100 INT as beggining of the KI server cuz getting WOE is unlikely.
    I suggest go full fire paper build for start.
    Enough INT stats for paper armors +7/12 or +8/15 with hp.
    Maximise your MP stat points to 255 and rest into HP.
    For start usual woodstaff+8, later start aiming Lycaon staff +6/+7/+8.
    In KI server you can get MAX +16/3 HP jewels. Later uniques afcorse.
    Paper is pure dmg focus, that means you need a lot talia armors and paper def armors for PK.
    Until 73 paper is perfect build and if you can handle it/like dmg you can stay it.
    Or change build. And i must say overall for KI server where 73 lvl is max there is no point going WOE 100INT build cuz there wouldnt be any 72 skills, so that makes cardboard mage build useless kinda.

Crystal BUILD aka full plate is cheapest as well, cuz they are easier to farm and then you can get salamander staff or elixier.
    But Crystal pauldron req. 144 INT so you might go as well shell (onlt +16INT and more ac), but shells are harder to obtain. Thats why is paper best and cheapest until you have lvl and income for going dif build later if you dont like it.
    Last edited by AlphaBeta; 06-01-2010 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBeta View Post
    I dont suggest WOE build with 100 INT as beggining of the KI server cuz getting WOE is unlikely.
    I suggest go full fire paper build for start.
    Enough INT stats for paper armors +7/12 or +8/15 with hp.
    Maximise your MP stat points to 255 and rest into HP.
    For start usual woodstaff+8, later start aiming Lycaon staff +6/+7/+8.
    In KI server you can get MAX +16/3 HP jewels. Later uniques afcorse.
    Paper is pure dmg focus, that means you need a lot talia armors and paper def armors for PK.
    Until 73 paper is perfect build and if you can handle it/like dmg you can stay it.
    Or change build. And i must say overall for KI server where 73 lvl is max there is no point going WOE 100INT build cuz there wouldnt be any 72 skills, so that makes cardboard mage build useless kinda.

Crystal BUILD aka full plate is cheapest as well, cuz they are easier to farm and then you can get salamander staff or elixier.
    But Crystal pauldron req. 144 INT so you might go as well shell (onlt +16INT and more ac), but shells are harder to obtain. Thats why is paper best and cheapest until you have lvl and income for going dif build later if you dont like it.
    There aint no lvl 72 mage staff in KI ?

Banned

Nope, not even in server 1,
    lvl 73 was just lvl cap rise so people can exp again since they were bored at 70.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Decerto View Post
    If ur going to play fire mage,go on WOE build.100 int and rest on mp,hp.If ur going to play light/ice,go on 160 int and rest on MP (so u have good stun or slow + nice dmg).
    No. Never ever use a WOE. It's a fail staff... it always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by ssima View Post
    Hey,

Thx in advance!
    If you really want to play damage build, then you would have to go mage cloth set at whatever + u can get, and lycaon staff. Even if you can get the lycaon staff at +4, it'll still be better then wood staff +8.

That what I just explained will make you deal the most damage. But if you still want high damage, but a bit more survival then I suggest going complete set with an elixir +8. You'll still be able to hit quite alot,... not more then the paper mage, but on the positive side you will be able to survive more.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    No. Never ever use a WOE. It's a fail staff... it always has been.

If you really want to play damage build, then you would have to go mage cloth set at whatever + u can get, and lycaon staff. Even if you can get the lycaon staff at +4, it'll still be better then wood staff +8.

That what I just explained will make you deal the most damage. But if you still want high damage, but a bit more survival then I suggest going complete set with an elixir +8. You'll still be able to hit quite alot,... not more then the paper mage, but on the positive side you will be able to survive more.
    Well I wouldnt play mage cous there is no lvl 72 staff lol...go warrior

Banned

All classes are playable in KI. Exept archer, there is no archer combo and it makes it weakest characters in game.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBeta View Post
    All classes are playable in KI. Exept archer, there is no archer combo and it makes it weakest characters in game.
    Not true.If u get GG bow early in game (like IB+8/9/10) u gonna pwn.For sure