Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2hGiga +8 Vs Lugias +7/Deep Scar +8 vs Raptor +8/Avedon +7

This is a discussion on 2hGiga +8 Vs Lugias +7/Deep Scar +8 vs Raptor +8/Avedon +7 within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; decided to change up rings and earrings how about 2x pe +0 1x fov +1 1x heros valor +1 or ...
Page: 2

decided to change up rings and earrings

how about

2x pe +0
    1x fov +1
    1x heros valor +1 or +0 depending on prices//

HamDude Senior Member thenerd1o2's Avatar

i would keep the mino+1 for 2 reasons :
    1) AP - im sure HV wll cover up for that lose
    2) resist - but since your getting an HV and you already said your server dont have many mages.
    so ya that would be cool 2 ^^
    i would get the HV+1 1st then WP+1 maybe to +2 after that the FoV to +1 - if WP+2 costs alooooooot then go for the FoV+1

wp +2 does costs alot but not more than a iron neck right now i think wp +1 are 10-11gb.

or i can get 1 +16/3 str earring which is cheaper than mino

Keep ave8, it nearly hits as hard as my rappy+9, only like 50-70dmg less in average .

wp +2 does costs alot but not more than a iron neck right now i think wp +1 are 10-11gb.

or i can get 1 +16/3 str earring which is cheaper than mino[/b]
    wll you can get +16/3 sure along with PE - better to have more AP while lvling

or new build

pe +0
    we +1
    wdn/ammy of curse/ammy of str +2 OR Wp +1
    Dual dr +1

or new build

pe +0
    we +1
    wdn/ammy of curse/ammy of str +2 OR Wp +1
    Dual dr +1[/b]
    1st bulid is better for PK - while this one would much much better for EXP - as for the necklace id go for AoS+2/3

PK builds work better overall, you can PK whenever you wan't and it still does a good job with exping.

eh so i bought my self a avedon +8 so ill have now

shells +7
    pe +0 or 2x pe +0
    mino +0
    wp +1
    fov +1
    fov +0 or hero valor

belt is gonna have to wait a while now [/b]
    this one will work better right?

yup ^^ like metalkon said you always get to pk better with this one than the exp bulid

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

I know many people will probably flame me, or at least disagree with me for saying this but... I was able to test an array of different weapons while on a friends char while he vs'd me on another friends warrior, and this is how we both came to an agreement on this statement:

Avedon +8=HB+8 > Raptor +8=II+8 > Giga 2h +8

While testing these weapons we were also able to test 2h giga +9. We found that the giga +9 only performed greater than the Avedon+8 by an EXTREMELY small margin, of about 100-500 hp, averaging around 300hp. And much to our surprise, it also only outperformed the raptor +8 by about 400-800 hp, averaging around 650 hp. If you take notice to the differences in hp and mana between the giga and these 2 weapons, the sum of the difference in bonus between hp and mana is nearly equivalent to the difference we experienced while comparing them.

Avedon +8 is a great weapon for warrior, as it has high ap which is good for vsing rogues. It outperforms the HB+8 in warrior vs. warrior 1v1s, as it has a slight advantage due to the extra hp and mana. However I put HB+8=Avedon+8 because the HB is better when vs'ing rogues. HB's elemental damage makes it hit slightly harder than the Avedon, and this is important in vsing rogues. AP and damage is the most important thing while vsing rogues, as the lower you hit the more easily it is for them to outminor your damage. I've come across cases where a certain rogue can beat me while i'm on a 235 str build, but if I restat to 255 I can defeat them. So the decision between Avedon and HB is just whether or not you would rather beat more warriors or more rogues.

Certain dual wields are good as well, but excluding the newest forgotten frontiers weapons I'd say that any possible combination of lugias/murky/Tota and any +8 offhand weapon can be anywhere from slighty greater to much less than the Giga in performance. Often times they can have a great advantage over many other +8 weapons in 1v1s, however I place them lower in my scale because of the double damage reduction from weapon defense. Most importantly this double reduction makes killing int-priests who have weapon defense shields a much more difficult task.

@Blondy

As for choosing one of these builds, I would sell/trade the avedon +8 and get an II+8/Raptor+8 and some more uniques to compound or etc. Maybe it's possible to acquire a weapon defense belt or possibly IN, which would make a greater difference in your stats vs. an Avedon over one of these 2 weapons.

If i were to sell my avedon what kind of items would be a good trade..?

anywho avedon sold got my self a raptor +8 REB 196 ap/84

im planning to get

16/3 str earrings
    fovs +1
    WP +1 or maybe those neck with insane str
    and iron belt

i know my resist will suck so bad but ill have enough ap to kill mages before they touch me

since you just said and we all know that your resist are gonna suck - you`ll only get some from FoV+1 about 14 each - thats why you have to keep the WP+1(for resis) no crappy STR whore necklace !!

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

anywho avedon sold got my self a raptor +8 REB 196 ap/84[/b]
    thats a good grab right there, 12 more ap is huge on higher lvl warriors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12