+6 personal or +7 dread shield?

This is a discussion on +6 personal or +7 dread shield? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; which 1 would u chose to pk with and explain why please, i just made my personal shield +6, and ...
Page: 1

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

which 1 would u chose to pk with and explain why please, i just made my personal shield +6, and i also have a ds +7

Banned

Duffed=ps+6
    no duffed= ds+7

extra AC from ds+7 overwhelms the wep def from ps. in the or hand when duffed, the wep def > ac loss.

I would choose ds +7. Only 15 wep dmg diff between them, but dread has got 10 dd + more defence than the ps.

If I were u, I would try the ps to +7/8.

Ds, looks better and hella ac, i love pushing "U" when i have it on

personal shield all the way

sure, it is only 15 weapon defense. however, this 15 weapon defense is calculated first meaning it is used in its entirety (matchless vs. 0 in master). with the large amount of clubs (on any server), the cb found is invaluable as well.

cs>ps>ds

i would take 35 club defense and 15% reduction from axe/spear any day over 10% dagger defense and ~180ac

the value of ac is exponentially decreasing (i.e. the difference of 900ac->1000ac is much more influential than 1400->1600ac). dread shield provides a large amount of AC, but i think that that reason alone is severely overrating it.

people are so obsessed with the numbers these days in their character reports, they fail to see the true value behind the numbers. with a cs, i can break 1500ac at lvl 76. with a ps, i can get more. past 1350ish ac, the actual gain from more ac decreases substantially. at this point, you are reducing most of the % damage that warriors/priests deal. instead, the additional dmg (i.e. +400 helis or +350 hb) is the majority of the damage.

10% dagger defense is negligible for many reasons:
    1. even with the lvl 80 sins running around, sins are still hardly a challenge and should never be able to consistently kill a priest. their damage is so inconsistent that it is easily countered by a single full heal
    2. 10% dagger defense will be calculated last. your dagger defense helm will be calculated first (reducing the full damage by 17%) and then your belt/possible neck will be calculated next (or at the same time as the ds). finally, matchless will come in. so, it isn't even a full 10% reduction, it's more like a 6.885% reduction (with iron neck... 7.65% without)

the resistances are decent, but hardly worth considering next to the bonuses you gain from a ps. resistances, with the advent of new moradon as well as the overall increased levels, are easily achieved.

i heard about this

Personal simply because the wep def helps when duffed and on diez you need it because of all the duffers

in my opinion PS+6 > DS+7, but what u guys think about PD+5 vs DS+7??

in my opinion PS+6 > DS+7, but what u guys think about PD+5 vs DS+7??[/b]
    32% club REDUCTION (in its entirety), 12% spear/axe REDUCTION (in its entirety) > 7.65% dagger reduction + 153 ac

sirkill

just use them both and switch when needed? its not hard to do that ive played support mages with l.e and g.e and depending on which aoe i was fixing to use id switch the staff real quick or just like when pking on any other class you switch your armors depending on what type of char ur vsing so i say use them both and stop being a pussy and go for +7 ps

Ancient noob Senior Member

stop being a pussy and go for +7 ps [/b]
    pussy>balls

keep your ps at +6, or you'll be thinking too often about how much you hate the anvil if it burned, and that's an annoying distraction when you're pking without your ps, or shopping for a chitin shield because your ps burned.

but sirkill is right about using them both.

sirkill

no shopping for cs in ronark =D and yea im just messin with jd i play with him and i cant talk him into going +7 =D

against anyone but rogues, the PS will be much better... the difference in damage is quite noticeable...... But the best thing bout dread is that it has DD ... and PS doesnt........so its good when theres a load of rogues or only rogues chasing u or w/e

Hey cutie Senior Member

Just wear a fucking spear defence +7 or a DD+7. It makes up for the wep def loss
    and the wep def obviously makes up for the fucking AC. THis way u can even make a fair bit of money by selling the DS+7

Ive tested this on my priest, but with +5 ds and +4 ps. and the ps>DS imo

i personally love weapon defences go with PS