Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

75 Rogue Need help

This is a discussion on 75 Rogue Need help within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; So i am gearing up my rogue and this is what i am working on getting. I will have roughly ...
Page: 1

Default 75 Rogue Need help

So i am gearing up my rogue and this is what i am working on getting. I will have roughly 15-30gbs left over i think after getting all this.

Cleaver9/dv8
    Dual HowlingRooster+0
    judicious belt+1
    pp+2
    Dual rol+1
    Rogue Chitin Set +8

So far all i got is the pp+2 judicious belt+1 and cleaver 9 with lots of gbs to spend. My questions are: Should i swap cleaver9 for shard8 or dv8 for sherion8? Should i go straight for chitins+8 with these uniques? Please feel free to give me advice on changing uniques and what not.

zrocker0404

Quote Originally Posted by Castine View Post
    So i am gearing up my rogue and this is what i am working on getting. I will have roughly 15-30gbs left over i think after getting all this.

Cleaver9/dv8
    Dual HowlingRooster+0
    judicious belt+1
    pp+2
    Dual rol+1
    Rogue Chitin Set +8

So far all i got is the pp+2 judicious belt+1 and cleaver 9 with lots of gbs to spend. My questions are: Should i swap cleaver9 for shard8 or dv8 for sherion8? Should i go straight for chitins+8 with these uniques? Please feel free to give me advice on changing uniques and what not.
    shard8 instead imo, and maybe elfbelt+1 if u want more AC or if u can afford, IB

Lurking in the Dark Senior Member MercyfulFate's Avatar

I was told that a Cleaver fails more than a Shard, and if you think about it, it's logical.. because the Cleaver is a middle-class item and the Shard a high-class item.

So I'd say, go for a Shard +8 and IB and either get a PP +3 or a WP +2.

But that's just my opinion

HamDude Senior Member thenerd1o2's Avatar

CLeaver+9 > Shard+8 plus its cheaper - so go for cleaver+9 and DV+8
    as for your rings and earrings they fine dont change`em
    go for shell set+8 since you said you`ll have over 15 to 30 gbs left after getting those items
    might consider getting a WP+2 instead of that PP+2
    and if you can afford a IB go for it - if not go for a skelly then IB !!

kishtan

Quote Originally Posted by MercyfulFate View Post
    I was told that a Cleaver fails more than a Shard, and if you think about it, it's logical.. because the Cleaver is a middle-class item and the Shard a high-class item.
    Sorry, but that myth has been proven wrong a long time ago. Keep in mind that at +9 the cleaver is a high class weapon, has 1 more point of AP then the shard, has 10 more points of elemental damage, and costs a lot less. As for your accessories, I'd strongly suggest going with a WP over the PP. Even at +0, I'd probably pick the WP over a PP+2 especially to offset the HP loss you'll have with the DV. For your belt, I'd also recommend going with an EB, or if you have the coin, go with a skelly or IB. As a sin you have to get close so your going to get hit once in awhile and your going to need the AC so that you wont die after a few hits. For rings, the dual rol+1 are nice, but if you feel you need a bit more resists then swap out one ring for a LB.

thanks everyone for the help. id still like to hear more opinions. 1 things for sure i will be selling judicious belt and getting ib. i will go rol+1 with at least 1 and i dont want to change pp for wp b/c i love the dex on pp+2. looks like ill be keeping cleaver9 as well

kishtan

Quote Originally Posted by Castine View Post
    thanks everyone for the help. id still like to hear more opinions. 1 things for sure i will be selling judicious belt and getting ib. i will go rol+1 with at least 1 and i dont want to change pp for wp b/c i love the dex on pp+2. looks like ill be keeping cleaver9 as well
    The dex is great with the PP+2, but based on your other items your going to be pretty low in HP and fire and glacier resists. Yes you have magic shield, but if you play on an old server a lot of the mages will have dd25 helms which will seriously reduce your attacks. With low resist and HP they will simply slow you and then blade you to death. IMO your much better off with an WP then the PP. Even for a sin, AP isnt everything.

update. dv8 seems to be out of my budget so im thinking dual cleaver9 or just dv7

DV+7 aint worth it - gogo cleaver+9 you wont loss HP and better dmg i believe

I realy like those items dude, the only thing you should change is belt and neck cuz pp and judi belongs in ardream, you need more ac for cz so get a wp and elf belt. With the money left get md +8 or something with more than 96 ap.
    you could also switch 1 rol for legionari band, will give you more res and more money to spend on dagger. Its not a must do but just a thout.
    Last edited by loveya; 09-12-2009 at 01:12 PM.

OK!! this is what im doing for daggers lol. buying diet raum and shard8 for offhand (just thought what about the cleaver9 for offhand? that wouldnt effect the success rate of spike would it?)im getting ib and possibly wp+2 if i have leftover money. what it will probably come down to is going +1 with rol or pp+2 to wp+2?

cleaver wont effect the success rate even if it was on mainhand :S - and get a WP+2 then start upgradin the rest besides IB ofc. xD

i need to know if id be fine using cleaver9 in offhand restricted diet raum in main. i have cleaver9 and shard8 and i could sell the shard8 right now for 59m profit but idk if its better for offhand than cleaver9. cleaver9 is harder to sell and i would lose money if i sold it probaby. also it gives 12 more ap but more chance to fail?

I prefer shard over cleaver but as people say the succes rate got nothing to do with it, thenerd1o2 mentioned it above aswell.

anyone else know if cleaver9 in offhand would reduce successrate? i could use the 13 more ap and the nice little profit from selling shard8 but everyone says shard8 is better. o.O

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast