Support Rogue

This is a discussion on Support Rogue within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; How do i go about making a support rogue? I looked on forums for it too couldnt find it if ...
Page: 1

Default Support Rogue

How do i go about making a support rogue?

I looked on forums for it too couldnt find it if its on here im sorry

1. Buy normal rogue items so you can be a killing machine
    2. Go to pk
    3. Learn when to attack and when to use minor heal/cure on your party members
    4. Be called a gg support rogue but also spamming the board with kills

well me and minor heal dont get along to well i cant get the hang of it

It's much easier if your just minoring someone else, as you don't even have to think about your combo as well.

You literally just spam it lol, just don't forget to mana pot as well :P

That's all you need to be a good support rogue, gears don't matter since you have light feet so unless other sins can 1 hit you, you should be fine...so gogo practice your minor heals lol

what about wearing a shield for the support rouge?

You could, but i would either choose a ss 0 or cs 0 that doesn't require to restat differently, cause you learn to stay away from anyone whilst still in range to heal/cure whoever you need to.

You'd be far more use if you could hit hard when you need to, and do the same job as another rogue who wears a shield :P

say i do restat and go with maybe a gab +8 would it be worth it or not..i mean having the dd on the gab iron set and dd helm you could be looking at 75dd so really no other rogues could touch you.

thoughts?

with such a set you could do more as a support priest than a support rogue.

But thats just my thought

right...but i dont want to play priest

Playing a rogue purely for support is like playing an INT priest and running around trying to kill people and not healing. In either case the role is better filled by someone else.

Well I wouldnt kill the idea out right. They said the same thing about full defense and full passion warriors for years, and only just recently have they shaked it off and started experimenting.

There's a ton of explorer skills, however I'll be the first one to say they dont have a lot of synergy going with anything else. I'm not sure at all its entirely even possible to get dark pursuer and the 80 skills, so if anything i dont think explorer skills are meant to be used as an archer.

For practical rogue support, its best to pick up an archer and not an asas. The natural tendency to stay out of reach puts you in a better position to use cures, heal minor and of course, styx, plus arrow shower hits freaking hard, so you can still do damage.

Anyone, give this man SpankingAndTanking support guide, i couldnt find it (lost it somewhere)

its the best one out there, might find it if u just search around somewhere

supporting rogue is a multiclass thing(priest+warr) , first because you'll make the difference between life and death ,since minnor healing doesnt have any animation at all that makes it a imba skill if you know how to use it in the right time , i.e a mage in ur party is luring then the priest is casting the cure curse cus the mage is being spammed debuffs then you can mh him so u give the priest time to do it before the mage dies with debuffs(yes cp pwns when target is debuffed), there's not a exact guide cus its a matter of common sense and reflects no1 gonna tell you when to cure and minor its a own thing , for example if u see a bp friend dying u gotta choose between cure or minnor before he gets ganged, its a timing thing , you can pretty much set the party being rogue , another i.e let's say u're doing a 3vs "X" targets ( rogue + warr + priest) and the warrior always go straight , well as fact he get debuffed first since he's facing the "X" targets first so what a rogue should do is cure him since the priest might be too far or he should be spamming debuffs instead of curing the warrior , so you as sin gotta choose between chasing or support , you know after the spike and the 3-4 hits that are stronger the rest is just a hold hp pot thing , so you hit spike thrust bloody or however ur skill bar is , then check how's the status of ur party ,if ur party is dying by being outnumbered then turn support again till your skills are load'ed.

Also what is very important while doing this is a BALANCED GEAR , such enough defense weapons, enough resistainces ( if u get slowed or stunned while supporting then you're done those mili seconds are the difference between life and death , that's why minor heal is a such ubber skill) , decent ac and average hp , you dont have to be an hp whore cus if the rogue has high ac then its easy to outheal with hp pot + minnor heal , also stay away from the fight itself cus if some1 dies in ur party , let's say the priest then you'll be the next target and if you stay in that spot then you're screwed , as i said before the rest is just common sense and pot timing(read 0000000 guide about pot timing).

ps: the shield aint a must, unless you're a view whore , or you're just plain warrior wannabe to go into the crowd to show them how tank you're then run to a side, but yet its helpful for some situations where every1 aim you, if you choose a shield it should be either ss +0 or cs +0 ,dread shield and gabs requires too much str and that would mess your build a bit.

ah and dont forget the playlist music wich makes your hands flow while doing it , this is my faworite song :].

chicken dance ha ha - YouTube

Random Nab Senior Member mumbojumbo's Avatar

There is nothing called a support rogue unless you are an archer. Rogues are supposed to be damage dealers. All the support rogue BS works 'only' against undergeared/naked enemies. In fact if you can play a support rogue against a party then the enemy party sux and your team would win even if you were not there in your team in the first place! You change nothing. Against an equal party you would get your ass handed to you if you chose to play support instead of damage.