Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Staff attack combo...

This is a discussion on Staff attack combo... within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; im learning to combo with my dcz light mage trying to figure out an easy way of comboing.. ... right ...
Page: 1

im learning to combo with my dcz light mage

trying to figure out an easy way of comboing..

right now, i hold down W and press Skill,r,r,skill,r,r (repeat)...

sometimes, the combo rolls off nicely and i get a good kill...

other times, i get the "Using charge blade" message and nothing happens...
    does this mean im doing it too fast? or too slow?

a lot of people have told me about the S, W, R, Skill combo...but that shit is too confusing for me to get the hang of.

was wondering if anyone else does the W, skill, r,r combo...and if they could give me a few pointers.

bugabuga

Go arena and see what works best.
    I tried holding down the mouse + rr with pots on right click and it worked good. Just buy a bunch of pots and trry them all out

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

I tried holding down the mouse + rr with pots on right click and it worked good. Just buy a bunch of pots and trry them all out[/b]
    this is best. when you hold down W you have less control over chasing them when they try to run.

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

easiest way to practive combo is using magic blade lvl 9 staff atck... its fire and fire staff is easiset to master..

when u master that one move on to ice blade... and finally to light staff...

i use rr skill also i have my staff ice staff in number 3 since its a comfortable position while using rr

I tried holding down the mouse + rr with pots on right click and it worked good. Just buy a bunch of pots and trry them all out[/b]
    mouse clicked pots will never be as effective as keybaord clicked ones...

this is best. when you hold down W you have less control over chasing them when they try to run.[/b]
    if you keep your R on all the time then your char will follow the running noob... but you can use mouse since u don't have to spam pots

easiest way to practive combo is using magic blade lvl 9 staff atck... its fire and fire staff is easiset to master..

when u master that one move on to ice blade... and finally to light staff...

i use rr skill also i have my staff ice staff in number 3 since its a comfortable position while using rr[/b]
    and what's the difference? I don't see any... :huh:

I'm using:
    W + skill RR
    or skill CR (gg combo, just kinda hard to learn :P) - only while tanking

also I advice you to use 2 HP pots on your skill bar - one of them at 1-4 - close to W and the second one at 7 or 8 for vsing... with that you can easily combo with your left hand and spam pots with right.. souls are not needed to be twiced, since you rather won't need to use it during vs or u'll have to use it once, max twice.

My dcz pk skillbar:
    1 - tp - close to WSAD giving you nice TP timing
    2 - HP pot - close to WSAD giving you gg poting while chasing/being chased
    3 - soul - same as above
    4 - charged blade - 4 is best button to combo imo but it depends on your hand size ^_^
    5 - thunder - best ks skill
    6 - thorn - one of best skills in dcz
    7 - frostbite - best slowing skill
    8 - HP pot (for vsing)
    that was at F3

F4 was:
    1-3 - the same
    4 - ice blade - for slowing if stun's not working or if there's one orc left against few humans
    5 - ice blast - v. nice slow
    6 - solid
    7 - static/impact
    8 - HP pot

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

mouse clicked pots will never be as effective as keybaord clicked ones...
    if you keep your R on all the time then your char will follow the running noob... but you can use mouse since u don't have to spam pots
    and what's the difference? I don't see any... :huh:

I'm using:
    W + skill RR
    or skill CR (gg combo, just kinda hard to learn :P) - only while tanking

also I advice you to use 2 HP pots on your skill bar - one of them at 1-4 - close to W and the second one at 7 or 8 for vsing... with that you can easily combo with your left hand and spam pots with right.. souls are not needed to be twiced, since you rather won't need to use it during vs or u'll have to use it once, max twice.

My dcz pk skillbar:
    1 - tp - close to WSAD giving you nice TP timing
    2 - HP pot - close to WSAD giving you gg poting while chasing/being chased
    3 - soul - same as above
    4 - charged blade - 4 is best button to combo imo but it depends on your hand size ^_^
    5 - thunder - best ks skill
    6 - thorn - one of best skills in dcz
    7 - frostbite - best slowing skill
    8 - HP pot (for vsing)
    that was at F3

F4 was:
    1-3 - the same
    4 - ice blade - for slowing if stun's not working or if there's one orc left against few humans
    5 - ice blast - v. nice slow
    6 - solid
    7 - static/impact
    8 - HP pot[/b]

from the people ive taught they have had problem with light staff and glacier staff
    these are people who really dunno wat a combo is..

thats how i started em out.. fire first then glacier then light combo..

its suble differecenses in my opinion..

cuz i to me ice staff is extremely slow compared to fire staff and light staff..
    im guessing its more of animation since light and fire staffs are more lke poof poof poof
    and glacir bring a rock onto em

this is how i rate them in speed

fire is fastest light is medium glacier is slllooww

i actually had it at a countdown xD

fire for me was

1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

glacier was more of 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3

light staff little slower that fire but def faster than glacier..

like i saids its prolly more of an animation type of thing

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

The reason why it says "Using ..." is cause ur pressing the fire staff skill to fast. As you press it, the last one fails. So you really gotta get the timing right of it... and well you simply get used to perfect timing after quite alot of practise at it.

When it's a big amount of ur nation players trying to kill a few of the opposite nation, then yeah the W rr skill is good for it, and it's also good in vsing. When ur party is outnumbered, u just slide... and idk if some of u will say this doesn't take skill,... cause it actually does.... if u don't believe me, trying sliding people at different ranges, and u will see the result. So for VSing Wrrskill is good, for ice mages S rr skill is the best as it usually slows down the opponent as ur staffing him, and making some of his attacks fail (assuming that it's a warrior/rouge/priest).

Belize

from the people ive taught they have had problem with light staff and glacier staff
    these are people who really dunno wat a combo is..

thats how i started em out.. fire first then glacier then light combo..

its suble differecenses in my opinion..

cuz i to me ice staff is extremely slow compared to fire staff and light staff..
    im guessing its more of animation since light and fire staffs are more lke poof poof poof
    and glacir bring a rock onto em

this is how i rate them in speed

fire is fastest light is medium glacier is slllooww

i actually had it at a countdown xD

fire for me was

1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

glacier was more of 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3

light staff little slower that fire but def faster than glacier..

like i saids its prolly more of an animation type of thing[/b]
    Its just the way it is. If you noticed fire skills cast faster than light/glacier aswell not just blade.

The reason why it says "Using ..." is cause ur pressing the fire staff skill to fast. As you press it, the last one fails. So you really gotta get the timing right of it... and well you simply get used to perfect timing after quite alot of practise at it.

When it's a big amount of ur nation players trying to kill a few of the opposite nation, then yeah the W rr skill is good for it, and it's also good in vsing. When ur party is outnumbered, u just slide... and idk if some of u will say this doesn't take skill,... cause it actually does.... if u don't believe me, trying sliding people at different ranges, and u will see the result. So for VSing Wrrskill is good, for ice mages S rr skill is the best as it usually slows down the opponent as ur staffing him, and making some of his attacks fail (assuming that it's a warrior/rouge/priest).[/b]

yeah, thats what i do...if its a fair fight...i tank and pot...if its a gang bang, i slide.

yeah, i think it might be a timing issue...not sure...
    because sometimes, ill go after a mage or priest and combo the shit out of them and theyll just die...other times, ill just sit there like a noob and get a million skill failed messages...

=T

From Bankrupt to Blue Sky Senior Member Riley's Avatar

I prefer the evade combo. Skill+ S + R. Works best for me.

yeah, thats what i do...if its a fair fight...i tank and pot...if its a gang bang, i slide.

yeah, i think it might be a timing issue...not sure...
    because sometimes, ill go after a mage or priest and combo the shit out of them and theyll just die...other times, ill just sit there like a noob and get a million skill failed messages...

=T[/b]
    that doesn't happen to me... for me the staff combo is pretty flawless, well that's after like 5 years of playing mage.... but what i suggest u do is when chasing someone (if u are in the R range) is if u see it failing, take 1 second off the staff skill and start out again with precise intervals of pressing the button. But if u are talking about chasing and being almost at the maxium range of the opponent, then there is nothing u can do, because sometimes the staff skill just can't reach, even though the animation goes off.

I prefer the evade combo. Skill+ S + R. Works best for me.[/b]
    if ur using that combo against someone that uses the W rr skill combo and u are a fire or light mage, then u will surely get rocked. The only time the S rr skill combo works is with ice mage, when u can actually slow the person down, and once slowed, the person won't be able to rr and will have skills failing.

Anal Rapist Senior Member

I don't use 2 ''r'' after my blade O.O.. you can cancel it and hit as fast with only 1 r, just need the good timing. Skill r, skill r , skill r , skill r...and be really really close to your oppenent unless it's gonna fail.

I don't use 2 ''r'' after my blade O.O.. you can cancel it and hit as fast with only 1 r, just need the good timing. Skill r, skill r , skill r , skill r...and be really really close to your oppenent unless it's gonna fail.[/b]
    then your 'R' is up only at half of the time...

R (attack on)
    skill
    R (attack off)
    skill
    R (attack on)
    skill
    R (attack off)
    skill...

etc...

RE5PECTmf

I personally prefere W(not holding , pressing ) +R+ skill when I'm tanking and pot on right click , in case I fight opponent who will blind me or scream and slide , so I can stay near him all the time with mouse , that's why IMO no matter how much ppl don't like mouse potting , its pretty much useful for mage , cuz it gives u ability to run if u see u r about to get gangbanged , u can catch ppl who r running ... and since mage don't use mana pots a lot , its perfect for vs . For running , I personally use R+ skill , so I can get on opponents back , and don't mess up with 2 x r and lose the dmg , I got nice timing for that so for me its the best . As far as I've noticed , when u watch at the dmg bar , there goes normal dmg , additional dmg and r dmg , then normal dmg and additional for 2 next hits , then again normal + additional + r dmg , so it's basicly every 3rd hit in a row that shows r dmg , and I'm comboing really fast , so idk , I'm open for suggestions . + r dmg isn't that important for mage , its almost always 20+ , it can just help in canceling skills , but lucky me , stun is miracle =)

I don't use 2 ''r'' after my blade O.O.. you can cancel it and hit as fast with only 1 r, just need the good timing. Skill r, skill r , skill r , skill r...and be really really close to your oppenent unless it's gonna fail.[/b]
    I use the r r just because i spam them quickly... and i get alot of them in a vs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast