Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on ... within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; so u dont use a staff? only shield? [/b] i only ever used staff when i was going to light ...
Page: 2

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

so u dont use a staff? only shield? [/b]
    i only ever used staff when i was going to light staff the priest, and only EVER did that if there was absolutely nothing else to do...which meant that all the melee were attacking the right people, all the priests were in good position and being left alone, i was being left alone, etc...basicly only ever against very noob parties lol

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

as i said, for hp build mages crimson>complete...for hp build its all about support, so staffs are irrelevent, so mp is irrelevent there
    the way i always played my mage i never had any problem slowing people and that 16 extra hp came in handy EVERY time i stepped into cz, as i was consistently parasited even with spam cures on me i was still getting spam parasited and as for ac, 14 ac isnt that big of a difference maybe if it were like 100 ac difference or even like 50 sure then id consider it, but 14 ac? lol thats like lowering everyones damage by 10, its barely noticable

oh and thats only 14 ac difference if u assume u wear FULL complete and FULL crimson, most smart people wear wep def anyway

8 ac difference for pauldron, 8 for pads, so 16 total from complete assuming u wear gloves, boots, hat wep def...vs -16ac, but 16 ac and 16 hp gained from stats

crimson>complete, tyvm.

this is all assuming ur an ice support mage which ur main priority is staying alive so u can keep ur party alive with tp's and the occasional slowing aoe...if ur about damage or any other type of playing i wont get into that, but as ive proven here crimson>complete assuming u use wep def and dont really care which staff u use[/b]
    thats cute and all and ur right if ur hp mage staff is irrelevant

but wat ur saying is that staffs dont matter at all

Glacier Erenion +8 100 86 Glacier 13 HP 9 MP 240MP 55FR 112 114

glacier erenion + requires 114 mp to use

in ur case if u only wore enough mp for the armor u use..

then u would only be able to use lycaons lupus and lobo staffs as uniques staffs.

but if u are just support mage that will never use a staff then lycaon or lobo hammer will do u well

thats cute and all and ur right if ur hp mage staff is irrelevant

but wat ur saying is that staffs dont matter at all

Glacier Erenion +8 100 86 Glacier 13 HP 9 MP 240MP 55FR 112 114

glacier erenion + requires 114 mp to use

in ur case if u only wore enough mp for the armor u use..

then u would only be able to use lycaons lupus and lobo staffs as uniques staffs.

but if u are just support mage that will never use a staff then lycaon or lobo hammer will do u well[/b]
    this is all assuming ur an ice support mage which ur main priority is staying alive so u can keep ur party alive with tp's and the occasional slowing aoe...if ur about damage or any other type of playing i wont get into that, but as ive proven here crimson>complete assuming u use wep def and dont really care which staff u use[/b]
    ya thanks for making an irrelevent post that says basicly what i already said in the quote u posted.

ya thanks for making an irrelevent post that says basicly what i already said in the quote u posted.[/b]

i only ever used staff when i was going to light staff the priest, and only EVER did that if there was absolutely nothing else to do...which meant that all the melee were attacking the right people, all the priests were in good position and being left alone, i was being left alone, etc...basicly only ever against very noob parties lol[/b]

i dont think its easy to stun a priest with an lupus staff

i dont think its easy to stun a priest with an lupus staff[/b]
    u think i cared about 100% stun rate? lol id be happy with 5% stun rate, i didnt really do it to stun...i just did it to put some extra damage on the priest, make them freak out a bit, and if they eventually got stunned once or twice then thats just a bonus

u got a lot to learn about playing a true support mage if all u care about is stun rate and damage LOL

u think i cared about 100% stun rate? lol id be happy with 5% stun rate, i didnt really do it to stun...i just did it to put some extra damage on the priest, make them freak out a bit, and if they eventually got stunned once or twice then thats just a bonus

u got a lot to learn about playing a true support mage if all u care about is stun rate and damage LOL[/b]
    we all know as an hp support mage one woudlnt hit much at all

but nonetheless ur still gonna use a staff to have some type of effect on priest whether its is damage wise, stun/slow or just a psychological effect..

the whole point if if ur gonna use a staff u gotta think WHY ur gonna use it.

u use it to freak out the priest great

( i personally played int priest for a while and a little ice mage spamming 200 that never stunned me would never freak me out)

others use a light staff for its effect to stun

if u use it for damage.. then u clearly don wanna be hp support mage.

also

if u were an ice or light support mage that never slowed or never stunned...

it defeats the purpose of being those elements in the firstplace

i agree ur main job is to survive and tp..

all i was saying before was that IF u were to wanna to use a suppport staff such as ge+8 then u

might as well go shell cuz of the MP required to use it

fine then done use a staff LOL i didnt always sometimes i would just use the 1 handed noob sword and r damage the priest with the rogues to cancel their heals

get it through ur head staffs arent important to support mages

and i slowed all the time in fact i frequently slowed rogues WIHLE MAGIC SHIELD WAS ON without a staff even equipt, and slowed warriors, and slowed priests, etc...very rarely did i not slow anyone and those few times i didnt, well thats why there are 3 ice aoe's, not just 1 by all 3 theyd all be slowed and the first one would be coming back up ready to use

fine then done use a staff LOL i didnt always sometimes i would just use the 1 handed noob sword and r damage the priest with the rogues to cancel their heals

get it through ur head staffs arent important to support mages

and i slowed all the time in fact i frequently slowed rogues WIHLE MAGIC SHIELD WAS ON without a staff even equipt, and slowed warriors, and slowed priests, etc...very rarely did i not slow anyone and those few times i didnt, well thats why there are 3 ice aoe's, not just 1 by all 3 theyd all be slowed and the first one would be coming back up ready to use[/b]

so then we agree to disagree

we both have different views on how a support mage is supposed to work

i say to stun and slow while surviving and tping

and u say

to tp and survive and if u see a chance to disrupt a priest u take it?

/ end argument? h34r:

so then we agree to disagree

we both have different views on how a support mage is supposed to work

i say to stun and slow while surviving and tping

and u say

to tp and survive and if u see a chance to disrupt a priest u take it?
    / end argument? h34r:[/b]
    ya but i think my definition of tp is a lot more complex than urs...id say in the average fight while i played ko(granted we always fought outnumbered like 2 parties vs us at least) i barely ever had time to even use my novas as i was constantly repositioning my party with tp's

so like i said, only chance i ever got to actually ATTACK was against noob parties, and they died so fast i didnt even really need to

Agreed, with all the tp's you are doing there is barely enough time to get in a blizzard ( + the tbl turks with 100% legcut, scream etc ) makes it a little harder. If im playing support i simply focus on keeping the party alive and only throw a blizzard or stun the priest if i see a chance.

cama doesn't need a shield he's using a sword of the dead to cancel heals :P

ill think about this build when im done leveling lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12