Elixer 8 or Garp 7 for Ice DCZ?

This is a discussion on Elixer 8 or Garp 7 for Ice DCZ? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Topic ^^...
Page: 1

Topic ^^

NeronDomitius

i would take elixir +8, cuz it's overall a good staff and u can change to fire/lightening without getting urself a new weapon

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

gogo oasis +8

its a great staff for dcz, you get DD and hp with it
    it doesnt have bad elemental and a good ap, and it doesnt ask much requirements

Eh, I said. "ICE" i dont care about changing elementals on Elixir. What I wanted to know is what you think is better? In terms of stats. Garp 7 I would say is better. Same goes for Hell Blood 7 vs Elixer 8 (fire). Get it?

Banned Senior Member

i think hellblood, garp and elysium+7 is better then elixir+8

lil_mageskillz

well if ur only ice i would say garp then if those r the only staffs u want us to choose from.

wat rings do u use?

if u use shios, then i would go for garp for higher damage.

but if u use rol's, then i would go for elixir since ur damage wont be that good with ROL's anyways... and some ppl say higher elemental = better slow rateS?.... meh its worth a try lawl

i used a garp+7 for awhile on a 75 160int / 200mp / rest hp mage
    the blade damage was comparable to fire blade (500-600 per hit) but it almost NEVER slowed

someone told me to slow someone with an ice spell you need high elemental damage (which would make glacier erenion #1 choice)

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

depends what you want to do

you want to ice blade people for more? use garp

you want to be an overall support mage and while doing decent damage with spells? use elixir

Reallizt

Insead of giga i wanna say that my mage was really slowing people hardcore i had a garp +7 and dual shio's +1 and the blade dmg was nicely also but it was not really fun

yeah garp is renowned for shitty slow rates BUT these days does it really matter? u can use anything if your ice and it will slow its so overpowered.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

here i'll tell u something, on girakon when i played on my mage lvl 77 i had the only garp +8 on the server, and still the only one, and well i was icing everyone with skills, basically had like a 95% ice rate, i was wondering too, how i could slow people for so much, but i had enough ice elemental on the dual shio tears +1 that covered up the elemental loss of the staff.

theeps

I would go with Elixer because it is +8, A garp is most definately better at +8 then an elixer but the fact one is +7 and the other is +8 makes a difference.

Hope this helped ^_^

gotbluntzz

+1 to oassis i only got a +7 didnt have enough gb on me to buy the +8 but started c-east a week ago lvl 58 ard mage crims +7 dual rol ep glass belt oasis +7 and my rogue friend +9 cleavs etc.. full unqiue +0/+1 ardream rogue spike me like :\ 500 or less without dd cap :P