about mages

This is a discussion on about mages within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; ive always been kinda fascinated by mages, they look really cool, the xp'ing is one of the best there is ...
Page: 1

V3rl1jn

ive always been kinda fascinated by mages, they look really cool, the xp'ing is one of the best there is (aoe'ing) and they can do a lott (tp, slow, stun, ...)
    so i was thinkin bout making a mage
    but on the other hand, i never really saw a good mage :s
    every mage i see dies really fast and if i get killed by a mage, it is just ks (im talking bout ardream and rlb here cuz im a lazy xp'er)
    so i just wanna ask what are the pros and cons of being a mage

i know this might be a dumb question but i really wanna know
    i have experience with priests (both int and bp) and sins
    now i really wanna try mage but.. should i?

btw what server is good? i have a low lvl mage on girakon, would that be a good choice? cuz i want a server with lottsa mages (and some english players ofc) mage parties = ownage =)

thanks a lott

First of all the part about good exping isnt that right. Of course you can make exp in luferson/emc harpy on low levels (dcz, rlb) but on higher levels mages can not make such good exp partys like before FF patch.
    You didnt see any good mage? because every video that people put on the web is about rouges or warriors. But if you search you will find some pwnage mage video
    All I can say is that I like to help my party in PK and still able to kill. But if you start a mage prepare for that it will more hard to play in pk like other casts. But as you wrote you have experiences with priest which is complicated too (at least more complicated then play warrior for example ). And you will get lot of attack like: "Cekmmeee", "No tp LOL", other part if somebody dies then: "Why not tp.." etc. And lot of bad things about your family because the tping... <_<
    You will be the first target in every pk situation so prepare to be a good runner, tper.
    And in the end: to be a mage is fun and great thing. Good mages are recent and need to work hard on to be one of them.

~Laci

I wouldnt make a mage if i was you if your not planning on going 72+ since thats were the real fun starts.

Stuff that you need to get good at as a mage:

1. TPing, it almost takes no mana and its free. If you tp too much people will hate you, if you tp once in a month, people will hate you. The secret to tping is not pking with newbies. If your party members dont have good gear and high hp their hp will drop too fast. Basically, you need to keep an eye on the party list AND most importantly whats going on around you, if you see someone is going to get ganged and you should have an idea on how many seconds someone will take that damage and time the teleport accordingly.

2. If you got blizzard, then try to use it and then fall back and act accordingly. Slowing and stunning are awesome ways to destroy a full party, but i see too often when a mage start trying to stun the priest after shooting his ice aoe skills. He forgets he is in a party and just stuns the priest. Which is bad. A mage should be actively stunning a priest only when the battle aint going anywhere, so you can sync it with teleporting faster if you have the previous rhythm in your hands.

At 72 you get an awesome staff skill which will make you more of a warrior since you have the ability to smack hard against any hardcore antidefence annoying nublet. I love this skill because i can do solo PK with it.

3. Exping effectively as a mage requires a clan of mages/ally that has mages. You will only lose braincells in random partys.

V3rl1jn

more pleaaasssseee?

It depends on your money and gear lol, geared out mage is rapage, a normal mage will get raped.

It depends on your money and gear lol, geared out mage is rapage, a normal mage will get raped.[/b]
    yep, this guy just summed up a mage in PK

V3rl1jn

hmm and what do you call "geared out"
    would uhmm (for example) roms, lkp&#39;s, ep+1 and kek belt be enought or do you really need iron set with dual rol+1 (or elemental rings+2) or smth like that..?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzmWuMs5Io8 <---good vid

but u do need good gear or ull get raped

Achemenes

mage isn t just gear u need to make a skill bar for each situation when i was playing back in the day i had 7 skill bars

mage isn t just gear u need to make a skill bar for each situation when i was playing back in the day i had 7 skill bars[/b]
    Ye... +1.

AQQQ U HAVENT SEEN SANCTIS ? http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=MgneotOmunw&...feature=related take a look at the 2nd part also thats fuking pwnage ! Btw in part one theres mage session so at the begging there is a warrior but since about 4-5 min hes starting playing mage .

Alibaba85

AQQQ U HAVENT SEEN SANCTIS ? http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=MgneotOmunw&...feature=related take a look at the 2nd part also thats fuking pwnage ! Btw in part one theres mage session so at the begging there is a warrior but since about 4-5 min hes starting playing mage .[/b]

Sanctis is great skill ........ but he was also probably one of the most gear mages on Cwest. I want to see him own like he does with his lightning gear.....but I want to see him do in in a 112int fire mage outfit. As long as you know ur skill bar and what skills to use.......a lightning mage in dcz (like sanctis was with that gear) is hella easy to do, especially if u combo is as good as his. I dont think it takes alot of skill to run around in 50+ DD , full crimson +7 or 8 and a Chaotic/Elsy 7 and just lite blading things with duel Imirs. But he dont play mage like a warrior, his best skill is keepin his party tight and seems like he&#39;s always one step ahead of the enemy party. Thats what makes him a fantastic mage. Fought him many times when we were dcz mages, he does have one of the top 3 mage combos on Cwest. I have never not seen him do anything but the full int Lite mage build...... and in my opinoin thats by far the easiest build to play. Im callin him out, next character he does I want to see him do cardboard fire mage like me so we can vs!! hope u read this Sancte :wub: