Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So im building a Mage..

This is a discussion on So im building a Mage.. within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I play a Pretty damn good mage. and my friend plays a Damn good priest. we are switch chars when ...
Page: 1

Banned Regular Member

Default So im building a Mage..

I play a Pretty damn good mage. and my friend plays a Damn good priest.

we are switch chars when CSS are enabled..

but my question is....
    For DCZ.
    Should i go...

Flame/Ice
    Crimsom +7/+8 (w/ dd, maybe +9)
    Scorching +8/Hell Blood +8/WoE +8
    Flame Ring +3/Rol+2 (will be sharing with my sin only reason im wearing a rol not going all out here)
    Skele Belt +2 (from Sin)
    Iron Necklace +0(from Sin)
    and not sure what ears i should wear?

If Flame/Ice will get SS +7/lycaon +7
    Or..

Ice/Light
    Oasis+8/Garp+8/GE+8
    Linen+9 set
    Shio+3/Rol+2
    Skele Belt+2
    Iron Necklace+0
    and still not sure what ears?

If Playing Ice/Light mage will get SS +7/dread +7/Lycaon +7

Will Be Wearing a Golden Ear +3 (20int/20ac)
    not sure what other ear?
    Maybe a Mage ear +3 or Cleric ear +2?

No i am not gonna wear a Bronze or SSE.
    something that will add resist, int/mp/hp a little bit of everything..

O_o Senior Member

If you want earrings that give resis and hp use CE+2/3.

And don't use shio/rol it's sux and it'll be like you're using dual shio +0 with +8 staff.

Get a +7 dd, it's good and will save you money for other items.

As for build, I prefer ice/light coz ice rate in DCZ is extremely high.

So if you go ice go for dual shio +3 dual CE +2/3 and crimson with dd +7 and your rogue uniques.

Banned Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyDestiny View Post
    If you want earrings that give resis and hp use CE+2/3.

And don't use shio/rol it's sux and it'll be like you're using dual shio +0 with +8 staff.

Get a +7 dd, it's good and will save you money for other items.

As for build, I prefer ice/light coz ice rate in DCZ is extremely high.

So if you go ice go for dual shio +3 dual CE +2/3 and crimson with dd +7 and your rogue uniques.

will prob get ce+2/ge+3 shio+3/rol+2 IN/skele belt +2 and iofe im ice idk i might go crimson?

but i think i am sellingout cwest now....

The 1st fire build that you're saying is nonsense. If you're going to wear those kind of shields I would go Ice/Light:

- GE +8 (you don't need Garp/Oasis for that build, too much MP needed and you already need stats on STR to wear shields)
    - I think you have x2 Rols (+1, +2, +3) from your Sin, use those two, you don't really need Shio Tears since Ice rate is really high in DCZ.
    - Skeleton Belt +2 (if you can get a Glass Belt with the same +'s as your Skelly, get it... If not, use that Skelly)
    - Iron Neck +0
    - I would use x2 Cleric Earrings +2 or +3

And the armor depends on the build that you want... Crimson Set +8 (more defense) // Crystal Set +9 (more hp)... But, since the build you're creating here is high defense/resistance mage (if you wear x2 CE/Iron Neck/Skelly or Glass Belt/x2 Rols ofc), I would go for the Crimson Set +8/+9 with Crystal DD Helmet.

O_o Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Juanki View Post
    The 1st fire build that you're saying is nonsense. If you're going to wear those kind of shields I would go Ice/Light:

- GE +8 (you don't need Garp/Oasis for that build, too much MP needed and you already need stats on STR to wear shields)
    - I think you have x2 Rols (+1, +2, +3) from your Sin, use those two, you don't really need Shio Tears since Ice rate is really high in DCZ.
    - Skeleton Belt +2 (if you can get a Glass Belt with the same +'s as your Skelly, get it... If not, use that Skelly)
    - Iron Neck +0
    - I would use x2 Cleric Earrings +2 or +3

And the armor depends on the build that you want... Crimson Set +8 (more defense) // Crystal Set +9 (more hp)... But, since the build you're creating here is high defense/resistance mage (if you wear x2 CE/Iron Neck/Skelly or Glass Belt/x2 Rols ofc), I would go for the Crimson Set +8/+9 with Crystal DD Helmet.
    Wood staff +9 > garp lol

And with that build and the items you told him to use he will hit 200 with blades and like 300 with ice commit... So unless he go 100% support what you told him is bad.

Earrings: WE if you can affort. If not - CE. SSEs are pointless, cause in ardream 1 health is around 9hp, that's not much comparing to lvl 80. It gives decent deff and more important - resistances.
    If you are going flame, it'd be good to replace that rol with FR +1/2. If support - it's even better to have rol then due to deff, health.
    Staff - scorching is pretty good, cause of that 7DD. Count your DD after that - you would be pretty tanky with sins.

About armor as flame. If you can affort linens+9, then you can affort peper dd +7/8 as well. With this go for dual CE and it will be pretty easy taking off 50% of hp with 57 skill combined with 54 at once.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Member

suport mage u wont hit allot and u can only safe tp is this your goal ? so then it would be awsome cuz u cant kill maybe lucky ks ?

Moi

İ played as a support mage in dcz had a +9 crystal set 7dd ce +3 dual ep+3 in set rols+2 lobo/lycaon hammer +7 ds+8 and i was like a priest. i was LR, Gr back then you didnt had cd on 33skills and whenever my pt was fighting against others i would just drop tons of 33 lr skill on the group if they werent attacking me i also had a eye on the party list to tp nabs before they die :P also hadd a lupus staff +7 if i remember it right could also be a lobo staff forgot whichone gave lr damage, i was hitting for shit, but i could easy out pot 2 baba'd sins.

and dumb that GE+3 get dual ce's +2/+3

if u have a active clan u could go full tp/tank mage and when ur bored or need melees u could log ur sin always ^^

Wood staff +9 > garp lol

And with that build and the items you told him to use he will hit 200 with blades and like 300 with ice commit... So unless he go 100% support what you told him is bad.
    So? Ofc... The build I told him is 100% support... What's point on being 50/50 while having stats to use shield?... You won't be able to kill and you won't be able to support enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    İ played as a support mage in dcz had a +9 crystal set 7dd ce +3 dual ep+3 in set rols+2 lobo/lycaon hammer +7 ds+8 and i was like a priest. i was LR, Gr back then you didnt had cd on 33skills and whenever my pt was fighting against others i would just drop tons of 33 lr skill on the group if they werent attacking me i also had a eye on the party list to tp nabs before they die :P also hadd a lupus staff +7 if i remember it right could also be a lobo staff forgot whichone gave lr damage, i was hitting for shit, but i could easy out pot 2 baba'd sins.

and dumb that GE+3 get dual ce's +2/+3

if u have a active clan u could go full tp/tank mage and when ur bored or need melees u could log ur sin always ^^
    That was my point.

O_o Senior Member

So? Ofc... The build I told him is 100% support... What's point on being 50/50 while having stats to use shield?... You won't be able to kill and you won't be able to support enough.
    It's only 30 points that goes to str.

With good items and linen build you can own like that.

It's only 30 points that goes to str.

With good items and linen build you can own like that.
    "It's only 30 points..." Only? Ok, hahaha.

O_o Senior Member

"It's only 30 points..." Only? Ok, hahaha.
    Yup, only.

There was a Mage in c west Ardream long time ago that had that kind of build and he owned. He still had Hugh DMG (like 400 with blades) and high dd and weapon def (iron set) and when he was ganged he used the DS and was almost immortal.

Moi

Yup, only.

There was a Mage in c west Ardream long time ago that had that kind of build and he owned. He still had Hugh DMG (like 400 with blades) and high dd and weapon def (iron set) and when he was ganged he used the DS and was almost immortal.
    think y mean Yurii he wasOrc atleast when i played with him

didnt saw a gg mage like him ever again.

O_o Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    think y mean Yurii he wasOrc atleast when i played with him

didnt saw a gg mage like him ever again.
    Yeah!! He was awesome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast