question on combos...

This is a discussion on question on combos... within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; for the w + r combing while holding w do i use skill + r + r or skill + ...
Page: 1

for the w + r combing

while holding w do i use

skill + r + r

or skill + r and repeat.

I combo buy doing: WR+Skill WR+Skill WR+Skill and so on. There is a lot of different combo methods. Just find one that you are good at and use it.

I mostly use hold W skill r r in pk cuz ppl never stay in one place. I find that hold w skill r r combo cancel heal better.

Anal Rapist Senior Member

Skill W s r... just fits me good

Ohh and for the holding W and combo its Hold W then skill rr and repeat

Manilas

Well, for myself, I find that I don't need to press a second time R to cancel the animation as if you are performing it right, you will be bumping into your opponent and bumping in him already cancels the animation.

But, doing it that way, you can't make sharp turns so following someone might get rough. Try it this way, replace the W by your mouse and stick to his ass. Bump in him like you were glued to him. It is basically the same as holding W except that it is way easier following someone and putting the pressure on them.

Well, for myself, I find that I don't need to press a second time R to cancel the animation as if you are performing it right, you will be bumping into your opponent and bumping in him already cancels the animation.

But, doing it that way, you can't make sharp turns so following someone might get rough. Try it this way, replace the W by your mouse and stick to his ass. Bump in him like you were glued to him. It is basically the same as holding W except that it is way easier following someone and putting the pressure on them.[/b]
    oO I thought I was the only one doing it by mouse
    Nice to see someone else do that too...

I find using mouse instead of w far more easy then combo with w

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

oO I thought I was the only one doing it by mouse
    Nice to see someone else do that too...

I find using mouse instead of w far more easy then combo with w[/b]
    doing running combo with a mouse has its pros and cons IMO.

Pros:

-Easier to follow someone, and if the target doesn't run in a straight line when running away it's more difficult for them to get out of your range by doing so. (Pretty much every1 uses the terrain somehow when running away to get out range, if by running around trees, running through those small holes in fences in bowl, etc.)

Cons:

-Run comboing with the mouse doesnt always work the best damage wise however. Since your often not touching the other player you will have to rr combo, instead of when uve gotten up close to them while holding w a single tap of the r key will suffice in giving u r damage. RR combo is one of my least favorite combos because of the fact that R is the stop and start attack button. With RR combo it is easy for one to get their their tempo off or simply misses one of the r's, and sometimes you dont miss an R but the game doesn't register it. When this happens the final press of your r key makes you stop r attacking and you can miss r damages. The info bar should read in general succession using ____ skill, target received X damage, stop attack, begin attack, target received Y damage. (location of skill damage could be displaced depending on latency.) This is a minor defect of mouse comboing, however it is still detrimental.

-Direction. Sometimes u can't always keep up with the random directions your target seems to be taken. Simply stated, you cannot always know exactly what the other player will decide to do. Mouse combo could make u end up getting farther out of range in this case than if you had simply held w to run combo. Another minor defect, as it does not always occur as well.

Diagnosis:

I think it's pretty obvious that no combo is perfect for every situation. There are certain ones that are more universal, but for the best result it is imperative that one is able to combo using many different styles, especially on a warrior.

My opinion is that you need to use both. I use mouse combo more often when I'm following a target who is moving at exactly the same speed as I am than when I am following a target who is legcut, slowed, etc. The reason being is that they are much more capable of getting out of my range when they are moving the same speed (or faster, but in that case in doesn't matter :P), and using the mouse allows me to more easily follow them.

I prefer to use the held w method while following a slower moving character, whether their not swifted, slowed or etc. This is because even if I do get off course from their path, it is only a matter of fractions of seconds for me to get back in range. I also want to finish them off as quickly as possible because I don't want to get too far behind the rest of the party that I am chasing, and I am very likely to do more damage this way as I should get every r hit. I also use WR mostly in general pk as it is easy to transition from running combo to wr combo, and you often can just wr combo on a slower opponent anyways ;d

(I really try to avoid using double R (rr) comboing unless I am tanking a boss and need to stay inside its target ring so that it won't AOE.)

Manilas

Couldn't of put it in better words Locksley.

More often than others, in PK, I will use the mouse combo but there are times when the other combos do come in handy.

For example, sometimes using the SR combo can help if you need some time to pot, with that, you can get out of the range of some attackers (careful not to get out of range yourself). Pretty useful against Assassins with daggers that have a very short range.

(I really try to avoid using double R (rr) comboing unless I am tanking a boss and need to stay inside its target ring so that it won't AOE.)[/b]
    If you want to do different, you can always do A/D R combo, CR combo, ZR combo (careful if other monsters close by).

Couldn't of put it in better words Locksley.

More often than others, in PK, I will use the mouse combo but there are times when the other combos do come in handy.

For example, sometimes using the SR combo can help if you need some time to pot, with that, you can get out of the range of some attackers (careful not to get out of range yourself). Pretty useful against Assassins with daggers that have a very short range.[/b]
    Thanks Mani! Long time no speak :P

When I use SR or WSR combo in general pk it is often when I'm at OB or HB and I'm trying to get someone who is just inside the towers range and I want to avoid getting exp'd

My most used combo in pk is the w3r (a WR method I learnt from watching and speaking with Cerote/CrazyHorse), and in 1v1s I use the WSR combo

Manilas

Thanks Mani! Long time no speak :P
    and in 1v1s I use the WSR combo[/b]
    Yeah, it has been a long time

As for the WSR combo, tried it, still not comfortable with it XD

I wish I would of talked with Monsterkill before he quitted so I could of asked him to show me that rumored combo which makes you attack as fast as an Assassin on a Warrior.

Yeah, it has been a long time

As for the WSR combo, tried it, still not comfortable with it XD

I wish I would of talked with Monsterkill before he quitted so I could of asked him to show me that rumored combo which makes you attack as fast as an Assassin on a Warrior.[/b]
    Todd wasn't the greatest warrior himself, not nearly. :lol: There is no combo that makes u attack as fast as an assassin. Assassin doesn't have to deal with the constant cooldown on a single skill that we have, so you will still not be able to get as many attacks off as they do. However ussually most rogues dont get more than 3 skills off per pot, which is what warrior is able to do anyways.

The difference is that rogue gets nearly every r damage. Possibly every r damage depending on which combo their using and how quickly they do their combo and wait to use their next skill.

From my experience there is only one combo that can allow you to get more r damages than any other, which is the w3r/s3r combo that Cerote is credited for figuring out ;d However the extra r damage that you wouldn't get otherwise doesn't happen very often, if never depending on the weapons you use. I really only get it on duals, maybe once in awhile with axe/club. It is also much easier to fail skills with this method as the timing is tricky to learn and even to perfect. This is why I prefer using WSR combo in 1v1, plus the fact that WSR can make your opponent miss skills due to the movement of your character on their screen.

I've heard ppl say that E combo (pressing r once on the selected target, and comboing by pressing skill+e, skill+e) gets more r damages, and that it allows warriors to get the same extra r damage I referred to with Cerote's combo. From my experience it doesn't, because pressing E begins and stops auto running, and every other time combo and press E, the R attack isn't canceled however the animation stops. So I think for this reason it doesn't get the extra damage. It is possible that by double tapping E you could prevent the animation from stopping, however it would have a less extreme but similar effect of the RR combo if you got your timing off.

A similar combo to the E combo was a method that I've only see rattrap on ares use. He pressed R once to approach the target and begin the auto attack, while holding down W and he would just press his skill as the cooldown had finished. It is possible, maybe probable that this method gets the extra r damages now and again. However the possibility of canceling your auto attack and not realizing it and the tendency for skills to be missed makes me think that this combo is too risky and virtually impossible to use in a way that would make it better than the other combos.

The only thing that I think could be the answer to this "rumored combo" would be a build I had heard of from ex-MYKO players. They had told me that by statting 20 into passion, for Outrage, whose description used to say that it increased the attack speed of the player by 20%, that the increased r attack speed was great enough to make a warrior deal a considerable amount more damage. However, there is a new description as I was searching kingofknight and kodb for the exact number of skill points in passion for this build earlier, and couldn't find the 20% increase skill. When I went through my MSN records I saw that it was 20 into passion for outrage, but now Outrage's effect has been changed apparently (according to kingofknight). I tested this build (20 passion) on my warrior about a year ago, and it did increase R attack speed, but not an amount that gave better results vs. standard builds. I actually found it to be detrimental to stat 20 into passion as it causes you to lose important skills in defense and possibly master.

The lvl 70 passion skill berserk echo is seemingly the only skill of this type anymore in USKO. It's description says that it increases attack speed by 40%. The level 75 skill does this also, a 20% increase, however decreases your AC by 300. Prior to the 83 patch skilling into passion was pointless as you would not get any attack skills, so I doubt Todd was referring to this 83 passion build. I guess if one were to be a passion build warrior at lvl 83, and used the berserk echo skill while comboing with the 83 skill cry echo it is viable that you will see faster attack, meaning faster r attack animation and more r damages. It doesn't mean the cooldown on skills are shorter, simply that your R attack goes faster. There are holes in this build, such as the fact that passion skills can be canceled by a priest debuff, and battle cry has a long cooldown, so you could be deadweight for quite some time. Also, maybe the berserk echo skill gets canceled by this duff as well? I'm not 100% sure.

This is speculation, but I think Todd, or whoever told u this rumor, might have been referring to a build of a more devious nature h34r: . When speaking with zero some time ago he told me about his experience with PeterN0rth, Festo's gm statted fp warrior. This char had 70 into all skills and 255 in all stats back in KE. Zero told me how comboing with it was much like sin as the 70 skill allowed him to get all the r hits.