Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

supportmage in ardream! ?

This is a discussion on supportmage in ardream! ? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; seince i have dreadshield +6 dual rols iron neck and skeleton belt and a lvl 57 mage on my account ...
Page: 1

Banned

seince i have dreadshield +6 dual rols iron neck and skeleton belt and a lvl 57 mage on my account i was thinking bout going support mage.
    i don´t know much about mages, i only played mage 1 time and the only thing i used that mage for was tping turks into stonegolems :P

how should i put my stat and skillpoints in ? do i need a staff or is my shield enought :P ?
    all i want is tank and slow ppls

Banned Senior Member

well 90str on a mage is alot, but i would buy a staff, cause it'll help you slow ppl only shield wont do good
    IMO!

Banned

40 str instead of 40hp is a lot :S but i have enought hp buffed.

do i need a staff whit ap or can i get a +8/9 wood ? im not buying any items for the mage couse i have a warrior +dcz rouge alredy

StoneColdAngel

If you wanna blade get a staff and put those 90 STR get a lobo and put stats for armor and hammer and rest into HP. I personally had a support adream mage with CS+6 and Lobo+7 and a GE+7. I mostly ran with the GE to slow better and switched to shield and hammer to tank. Was really nice

ILIKEPIE

I use to mess around with my dlw and would put a ds+7 on him with paper armors +8 an just pumped whatever I had left into hp. I practically had the same gear as you too, and my ac was like 1-1.1k an had around 4k hp. As far as icing, I never really noticed a difference when I tryed to slow with the shield or a wood staff, just my experiences.

But I had always played an atking mage, and this got very very boring after about a week :S

Saunis

If you use your ds, get Halloween Cane!
    Whit iron set + ds I think they need atleast +3 roques to take you down. (to out dmg 720pots)
    and whit halloween cane you can slow down people whit blade! (not so effective as whit real staff).

Supportmage whit shield is awesome, but its only good for csw, wars & invasion.
    Its not fun in pk, because (specially in adream) you you cant make dmg to players.
    You cant solo whit it. Yeah, people cant kill you easylly, but you cant kill them so you just spend your hp pots to heal when they try kill you. :/
    So basically you just take hits and wait priest to heal you and someone to kill whos attacking you.

When you are near enemy town, then its good to have mage who wont die fast... but in other hand. What good you have to have mage in your party who cant make kills?
    (I had killed many partys near my town, by killing mage first and then buffer and usually after that rest of the party /town or they die)

Banned

i play c-west so the halloween canes cant be used there,i have one american flag though
    the mage is for slow/tp ppls not for solo or killing anyone.
    if i die i just log my rouge and slay those hoes that killed me

gogo then u can be my tp whore ;D

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

To tell you the truth I wouldn't really lose 40 stat points on putting up a dreadshield, since basically from what i saw is that DCZ is packed of mostly rouges, so the weapon defenses against the warrior weapons is pretty much useless. I would just suggest if you go with a crimson build, and a Oasis staff (since it has DD on it), and try to get a crimson helmet with DD. As for the stats just put 160 int, enough mp for ur staff and the rest into hp.

J

That's more than enough gear to survive. I would die like 1 time per scroll with dual shios, skelly, EP +1, SSE and CE +1. So going dread build, you would definitely not die, especially with me as a priest But anyways you should just go 160 INT, for crimson and DD +7, and get a GE+7 (for more HP) or Oasis +7 (For DD)if you want to be support. With you gear you should have like 950-1k AC, and like...3.5k HP? Something like that, which is more than enough to survive. 15 from helmet, 10 from IN, 10 from Skelly (5 from Oasis) is MORE than enough to survive, especially in C-west ardream.

its a really fun thing to do, i was statting my mage that way, had almost same gears as u, but then i decided to quit b4 my mage got 59....

wear crimsons +7/8 along with 90 str for DS and then u'll be a damn tank.

Skill as ice mage because even with noob staffs or w/e, ice mages still have high rates of being able to slow ppl in ardream. Also, many of the rogues/priests/warriors in ardream have really low GR so its not that hard to slow them.

As for stats, definately go for the dread, 40 stats in return for 300+ ac, weapon defences, FR and LR, is definately a good trade... u also can hold a lot more pots. And yeah u shuld go for maybe crystals +8 with crimson DD helmet if ur on new servers, if not, +6/25 crystal helmet, and then maybe stat urself for glacier erenion or oasis staff or lobo staff. Not sure if u'll hav enough points but both these staffs will be pretty good. As for slowing rates, im really not sure what will increase ur rates, theres huge discussions about them so cant help u there :/

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

its a really fun thing to do, i was statting my mage that way, had almost same gears as u, but then i decided to quit b4 my mage got 59....
    wear crimsons +7/8 along with 90 str for DS and then u'll be a damn tank.

Skill as ice mage because even with noob staffs or w/e, ice mages still have high rates of being able to slow ppl in ardream. Also, many of the rogues/priests/warriors in ardream have really low GR so its not that hard to slow them.
    As for stats, definately go for the dread, 40 stats in return for 300+ ac, weapon defences, FR and LR, is definately a good trade... u also can hold a lot more pots. And yeah u shuld go for maybe crystals +8 with crimson DD helmet if ur on new servers, if not, +6/25 crystal helmet, and then maybe stat urself for glacier erenion or oasis staff or lobo staff. Not sure if u'll hav enough points but both these staffs will be pretty good. As for slowing rates, im really not sure what will increase ur rates, theres huge discussions about them so cant help u there :/[/b]
    no offense but as i said there isn't many warriors in DCZ so therefore the stats on the dread shield would be useless, as for other mages in dcz all u have to wrry about is getting iced, but u just put on 80 GR and u are good to go, as for priests (BPs) they all basically wear iron impact/hell breaker so that's where you get a crimson +7 with club def but i wouldn't suggest, and well there is mostly rouges, that's why with the 15 DD and 5 DD from Oasis is enough to last you, after all you don't have to wrry about anything since if you only ice blade someone they will probably be iced pretty quickly or if you just use a blizzard you would ice most of them.

Going Dread Shield built in DCZ is a bit too extreme, it's true no one would probably be able to kill you, but from what i know no one will probably add you, since I know dcz turks only like the "high-damage dealers".

BobGreensley

no offense but as i said there isn't many warriors in DCZ so therefore the stats on the dread shield would be useless, as for other mages in dcz all u have to wrry about is getting iced, but u just put on 80 GR and u are good to go, as for priests (BPs) they all basically wear iron impact/hell breaker so that's where you get a crimson +7 with club def but i wouldn't suggest, and well there is mostly rouges, that's why with the 15 DD and 5 DD from Oasis is enough to last you, after all you don't have to wrry about anything since if you only ice blade someone they will probably be iced pretty quickly or if you just use a blizzard you would ice most of them.

Going Dread Shield built in DCZ is a bit too extreme, it's true no one would probably be able to kill you, but from what i know no one will probably add you, since I know dcz turks only like the "high-damage dealers".[/b]
    dread shield has dd... How is that worthless when you say dcz is mostly rogues :S

no offense but as i said there isn't many warriors in DCZ so therefore the stats on the dread shield would be useless

Going Dread Shield built in DCZ is a bit too extreme, it's true no one would probably be able to kill you, but from what i know no one will probably add you, since I know dcz turks only like the "high-damage dealers".[/b]
    1. Like Bob said, Dread has DAGGER DEF! Which helps alot in dcz!?

2. dcz turks in carnac-west?

oli

i play c-west so the halloween canes cant be used there,i have one american flag though
    the mage is for slow/tp ppls not for solo or killing anyone.
    if i die i just log my rouge and slay those hoes that killed me [/b]
    I hope U think of tank mage...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    08-20-2012, 02:44 AM