Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Archer Guide. Leveling, Gears, Pvp.

This is a discussion on Archer Guide. Leveling, Gears, Pvp. within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; This is a guide about archer, how it was ment to be used. Leveling Archer is a ranged class. Try ...
Page: 1

This is a guide about archer, how it was ment to be used.

Leveling

Archer is a ranged class. Try to get it's use. I am not going to tell you what to kill from certain lvl to lvl.
    Solo/duo Archer exp:
    -Uruk family: These monsters are probably your best friend. They have high ap, middle hp, low ac. Almost perfect isn't it?
    You stay far and Z'n'kill em. Careful, don't overestimate your ap/dmg. At start you will have no good armor, weapon and your ac will be about 300. Kill only those who you can kill very easily.
    50-55 Uruk Hai's
    55-62 Uruk Blade's
    62+ Uruk Trons
    -All kind of skeletons: Nice exp for their lvl, good drops.

Party exp:
    In a party (bigger party), your class changes it's whole meaning. Instead of using highest % shot you use Arrowshower only. How to do that?
    You go to a no distance with the mob and cast Arrow shower. 5 arrows hitting = 500% dmg + 5x Weapon elemental dmg = Win!

My Experience with archer in exp:
    I found archery is a great class. You start to be powerfull at low lvl and it never changes. I made in jpko without premium 1-65 in 4 weeks. (My personal best)
    In a party, it is very possible that you are the one with highest damage. On monsters with HIGH ac, you will do most dmg for sure. 500% dmg + 400 dmg (if you use A bow with 80 elemental)

Hints:
    -Keep wolf on.
    -Be ready to pot on time. A moment of 0 mana = your secured death, especially on mobs like Uruk Trons.
    -Be ready to get flamed for botting.

Gear
    Most people will tell you "GET AS MUCH AP AS YOU CAN".

I tell you, Get as much ap as you can, as long you do not lose too much ac/hp.
    In PK, Resistances will be your best friends right after AP. Will explain later.

For example: What would you take: 30 ap or 50 ac? For me the answer is easy, the ac.

A good balanced archer:
    Iron bow +8
    Shells +8
    Re's +3
    WP+3
    Rols +3
    Iron belt AND Elf belt.

Everything is clear until the part with RE's I think. In pk (and I have pked a lot as archer) I made the experience that, as long I don't get slowed, I will be safe (since my job is to stay far). Now the difference between EME+3 and RE+3 hp wise is very little, the ac is.. a bit high.
    You can also use chitins +8 of course. But never take shells +7 over chitins +8.

Advanced Gear tipps:
    It seems I played to long on a private server, everything has changed lol
    Bows:
    In order to have a decent damage the choice of the correct bow is very important. Coming with that, also the bow, if unique have different bonus, means usage on different places, situations.
    Windforce +8 > Eagle eyes +8 > Windforce +7 > Iron bow +8 > Eagle eyes +7

Windforce:
    It's the best ingame available item for any archer. However, it has contras and also contras compared to EE.
    This bow should be used pretty much everywhere, even if you sacrifice some defense on it. Why? The new curse seems to be a pwnage thing. Imagine if you could take out weapons of your enemy for 3 seconds.

Eagle Eyes:
    Before FF expansion, this bow was nonplus ultra. The best bow. In my opinion, not a lot has changed with FF expansion.
    Yes, you will sacrifice some ap, (some decent ap), but you gain a lot: FR/GR < especially glacier resis are very important. Also you gain sword defense.

Iron Bow:
    No comments needed. Good bow, no super pro's no contra's.

Usage of each bow:
    You will use a windforce everywhere, as I mentioned before. But think good about it. If you are up for a vs against a sword user (Bp or a sword using warrior), consider to use maybe the EE. You not only gain 70 ac (compared to Windforce), you also gain 7 sword defense. That will help a lot.

New armors/Armor/Weapon defense armor:
    Easiest and most uncomplicated (but still a bit expensive) gear would be:
    Shells +8. Easy as it sounds, it is.
    If you want to try different stuff, you can try to get fp +9 boots/gloves. You gain 8 dex but lose some ac.
    I didn't look up for the new armor (mythril), but I am positive that a set of those on +7 will beat all of them. They are just perfect. Resistances, bonus ac, a lot of hp/mana bonus.
    About weapon defenses. Always carry (if you play on older servers) 25DD helmet, 20/20/20 SD boots/helmet/gloves, 25/35 AXD gloves and pads. If you want get yourself also some sword defense. I think the times of Wirinom are coming pretty soon.
    Tipps about using: Have a nice layout in your inventory. Or at least one you can remember. In fights you shouldn't think and search to long for a weapon def armor. How it looks in your inventory, is up to you.

Uniques:
    This is a very complicated section. Everyone has his own opinion. So You can disagree with me.
    Necklace: WP+3 > Iron Neck+0 > WP+2 > PP+3 > rest.
    Belt: Iron belt = Elfbelt +3* > JB+3 > Elf belt +2 > JB+2 > rest
    *In vs, Iron belt is much better than Elfbelt, but in PK, usually EB+3 is better.
    Rings: ROL = LB > rest. Easy as that. A mix of both would be maybe the best choice.
    Earrings: Howling Rooster +3 > EME +3* > RE+3 > Howling Rooster +2 > etc.
    *If you have an iron neck, iron belt, and use only rols, you might get rather re+3 because your other resistances will be 0. So it's your choice.

PvP
    Archery is very versatile in PK. Most "noobs" see it as a "ZR-pkclass" which is soooo wrong.
    An archer that does not use styx, is not worth it to call himself as archer imo.
    You would be suprised how many kills of my parties are just because of me, the one who dealed 3k mana dmg to their main healer.

Styx Pro:
    It can change the tables in a split of a second. (Party vs Party)
    It is NEEDED to use styx in a vs.
    It has a short cooldown.
    It can deal effectively 80k dmg to the enemy party (Full heal = All members get 10k hp > 8 man party = 80k hp)
    Styx contra:
    Heavy.. Really damn heavy.
    On a bad economy sometimes hard to pay for it.

PK:
    In pk party your job is:
    -Take out the runners.
    -Styx the enemy teams Int priests.
    -Keep the melees off your priests with hitting on them. If they tank the priests, go to them and arrowshower those faggots.

Advanced PK tipps:

The Provoker
    Lets say you pk with your clanmates and you are in vent.
    In this case, you can go take the aggro of the enemy party, which will make it much easier for your mages and priests to survive. But.. how you get aggro?
    From personal experience, I took the aggro pretty fast when I attacked the opponents int priests with styx a few rounds. If the fight and the parties are equal, the fight could take 5+ minutes. In the first 2 minutes of those 5 you will have 4-5 melees at your ass and you will get debuffed all the time, if you do it correctly. Hey, Is that a good thing or bad?
    Well, if your gear is good and if you got weapon defense armor, you're settled to take that job.
    First: Analyze opponents weapons (especially warriors), If they use Spear only, throw up your Spear def stuff.
    In best case, you will have 4 warriors, no sins and all of them using raptors. Throw up the SD talia, 20 sd boots,gloves, helmet and you can tank them on hp pots.
    But usually you fight against 2 raptors a giga and a sin. So try to find for you the best combination.
    How you gonna keep the aggro? Run in circles and keep styxing their priests. And as soon as you hear in vent a new tactic or a new name you attack that person. In my clan we made it that way. I kept styxing the priest till I heard, kill the priest: In that moment, I shot another styx and started to attack. You would be suprised how fast a priest can die without mana that is debuffed. wink.gif

The Styxing Healer
    If you ever pked succesfully as a support sin, you will get my point pretty fast.
    For this you don't need much, but a bit brain for tactics/priorities.
    You keep styxing your opponent, hitting him, kill him, until the moment comes that your priest has to much work to do. (For me probably the most difficult class would be a support priest that can debuff properly)
    Just help him. How you gonna do that? Make sure you discuss this before: It wont be a help if you doublecure someone, you and the priest. Set priorities. If you see a fat warrior got duffed but not hit, rather cure the mage and heal him.
    If you see that all cancel your priests heals, give him a bit time: MH the priest. It happens sometimes that a priest cannot heal at all! help your partner, to help yourself afterwards.

In a 1on1 aka VS:
    -Use E combo with this pattern: Arrowshower > Dark Pursuer > Arrow Shower > Dark Pursuer (Since of the cooldown on arrowshower)
    -Use damn styx. You will get your timing while fighting. Try to hit the styx as soon as your opponent souls up.
    -pot correctly wink.gif
    -Use weapon defense. No matter of what people will call you, Archer is not a vs class, and if they really want to fight you, they have to see the fact that you will probably use the weapon defense. And if you think about it, it's just fair. Most people use SR combo on you. You have about 1.1k ac but you are limited on hp pots. (Warriors are limited to hp pots too, but they have 1400-1500 ac... )

Archer Combo

Since the FF archers can combo too. That is because they changed the animation, so you can cancel it with E/W/S/C

Before some patch, it was easy. You could just spam arrowshower. But now there's a 1second cooldown on it.

There are 2 ways of hitting.

One of that is hitting hard, consuming a lot of mana.

Use E/W combo (I don't like the others and especially S combo doesn't make sense because you wouldn't be able to hit all arrows of the AS) with Dark Pursuer.

It could look like this:
    Arrowshower > Dark Pursuer > Arrow Shower > Dark Pursuer

Pro:
    -High damage
    -Dark Pursuer will always hit

Contra:
    -High mana consume -> less hp pots

The other one is using Arrowshower and Multiple shot.

Use again the E or W combo with Arrowshower and Multiple shot. Be always on 0 distance to your opponent to hit all arrows.

It could look like this:
    Arrowshower > Multiple Shot > Arrowshower > Multiple Shot

Pro:
    -Nice damage
    -very low mana costs -> more hp pots

Contra:
    -Opponents SR combo can fuck you up

Usage of each combo's:
    I highly recommend to use the second combo (MS/AS), if you are up to an opponent that hits you for high damage. You will consume max 1 soul pot in the entire fight so you can use much more hp pots.
    If you are up to an enemy that does low damage on you, use the combo with higher damage to take him out as soon as possible.
    Last edited by aligator; 01-10-2010 at 09:08 AM.

Banned

Very nice guide, fun to read.

Anyways, small question about armor, I play on c-west, would you prefer a fp+8 set over a shell+7 set?

That&#39;s about 150 ac vs 15 dex

I wouldn&#39;t go for fp8.

Here&#39;s the AP Formula from Taugrim&#39;s Archer Guide that was made back in KE, its still very very accurate at all levels.

Non-master attack = (0.00044293 * level * AP * DEX) + 3
    Master attack = (0.00047122 * level * AP * DEX) + 3

Here&#39;s the AP Formula from Taugrim&#39;s Archer Guide that was made back in KE, its still very very accurate at all levels.

Non-master attack = (0.00044293 * level * AP * DEX) + 3
    Master attack = (0.00047122 * level * AP * DEX) + 3[/b]
    approved, Added.

Thank you for your input.

Note: Any feedback will be argued/added. Only thing I want: PLEASE don&#39;t put any input if you didn&#39;t play archer for +4-5 months.

Im looking for those few very nice rogues.

Edit: Added
    -advanced PK tactics: "Your Targets"
    -VS, "Details about vs"

Anal Rapist Senior Member

I have to agree with everything, but when i see a mage in a party i usely get this one down first. ( i hate those damn GG mage, tping the priest all around XD)

But GG guide, love it

I have to agree with everything, but when i see a mage in a party i usely get this one down first. ( i hate those damn GG mage, tping the priest all around XD)

But GG guide, love it [/b]
    Thanks for your input;

In my opinion, killing the mage ain&#39;t best solution. First off, he will get alot of heals and if he&#39;s using cs/talia&#39;s/dd&#39;s you wont get him down anyways. Also, let&#39;s say you pwn the other guys, guess who will tp them back for more np
    And if you still manage it to kill the mage, most likely, the party will get towntped sooner or later.

True but on the oldest server, mage hit hard ( thats what im feared off ) , most are skilled... do some good tp&#39;s and blade me around 800-900 ROFL.. so hmm im taking them down first, and on ventrilo.. we usely get the mage down first Most likely for the reason i stated above

But everyone has their own &#39;&#39;killing down spree fest&#39;&#39; order. Its just some preference, but yeh if theres no mage. Priest hands down first ^^

Anyway like i said GG, ( ohh and which private server are u playing right now , im sure i Saw aligator somewhere )

True but on the oldest server, mage hit hard ( thats what im feared off ) , most are skilled... do some good tp&#39;s and blade me around 800-900 ROFL.. so hmm im taking them down first, and on ventrilo.. we usely get the mage down first Most likely for the reason i stated above

But everyone has their own &#39;&#39;killing down spree fest&#39;&#39; order. Its just some preference, but yeh if theres no mage. Priest hands down first ^^

Anyway like i said GG, ( ohh and which private server are u playing right now , im sure i Saw aligator somewhere )[/b]
    I used to play on Project-KE. (with farming etc, that&#39;s why i said "realistic" and not pk)

Ontopic: Well you&#39;re right and I will give you that. Listen, Usually you&#39;re right, if those opponents are honorable people that don&#39;t towntp, you can go for the mage, but I fought many ppl when mage died, in like 3 seconds all guys left and we were like "huh wtf?". And I think you mix up between support and attacking mage. I have never met a mage before that could do serious damage and be a damn tank/support. Let&#39;s get the facts straight, mages changed a lot since the rofd patch. They gone more to melee than ever before. I don&#39;t see mages that attack ONLY from far anymore. So, if they want to deal damage, they go to 0distance with opponent. Lets be honest... you (as archer) are there for more important job than killing a rambo mage. Let the warriors do the job

But I will add your opinion to my guide.

edit: gotta add the party vs party targets anyways.

sniper_eye

very well written Guide..

Yeh i know Aligator, but the fact is i still need 1 more howling .. So like i said mage are hitting me like beast. Bah anyway ur right, and an other fact why i usely take mage first it&#39;s cuz ( Search me why rofl...) looks like every mage targets a damn archer first ? or is that in my head? o.o...

But ur right , ill let the warrior kill the wannabe warrior ( mage)

Greetz:P

Can&#39;t edit first post...

On request:
    Archer Combo

Since the FF archers can combo too. That is because they changed the animation, so you can cancel it with E/W/S/C

Before some patch, it was easy. You could just spam arrowshower. But now there&#39;s a 1second cooldown on it.

There are 2 ways of hitting.

One of that is hitting hard, consuming a lot of mana.

Use E/W combo (I don&#39;t like the others and especially S combo doesn&#39;t make sense because you wouldn&#39;t be able to hit all arrows of the AS) with Dark Pursuer.

It could look like this:
    Arrowshower > Dark Pursuer > Arrow Shower > Dark Pursuer

Pro:
    -High damage
    -Dark Pursuer will always hit

Contra:
    -High mana consume -> less hp pots

The other one is using Arrowshower and Multiple shot.

Use again the E or W combo with Arrowshower and Multiple shot. Be always on 0 distance to your opponent to hit all arrows.

It could look like this:
    Arrowshower > Multiple Shot > Arrowshower > Multiple Shot

Pro:
    -Nice damage
    -very low mana costs -> more hp pots

Contra:
    -Opponents SR combo can fuck you up

Usage of each combo&#39;s:
    I highly recommend to use the second combo (MS/AS), if you are up to an opponent that hits you for high damage. You will consume max 1 soul pot in the entire fight so you can use much more hp pots.
    If you are up to an enemy that does low damage on you, use the combo with higher damage to take him out as soon as possible.

nice book heheh

my own favorite targets 1- oponent archer must die 1st

bq79jr

yea bro, this guide is legit...kindof unrealistic at the moment for newer servers though...chances of finding those +3 uniques and +8 weapons are very low imo.

but other than that, great guide definitely helpful sin minor cooldown is making so many sins go archer!

Banned

Were should a lvl 78 archer solo exp?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    06-02-2012, 08:22 PM
  2. Hits: 1
    03-18-2012, 10:16 AM
  3. Hits: 114
    03-18-2012, 08:35 AM