Archer tips needed

This is a discussion on Archer tips needed within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I need alot of tips... 1. How do i get power shot to hit? do i need to stand still? ...
Page: 1

Banned

I need alot of tips...

1. How do i get power shot to hit? do i need to stand still? 0.o can i use it in vs/close?
    2. Karus archer... should i use 5,3,5,3 in vs or 5,5,5,5 ?

any other things i should think of?

How much mana does styx take?

Priest_gabber

I need alot of tips...

1. How do i get power shot to hit? do i need to stand still? 0.o can i use it in vs/close?
    2. Karus archer... should i use 5,3,5,3 in vs or 5,5,5,5 ?

any other things i should think of?

How much mana does styx take?[/b]
    styx takes 3k mana of as orc archer just use arrow swhower its bugged so no cooldown

zrocker0404

I dont have PS yet but with Blinding u have to wait till it hits to fire another arrow or blinding doesnt work, could be the same thing with PS. I use blinding mostly when im close so it hits fast and i can keep attacking, never long range its a waste atm
    I would use AS but i saw 5,3,5,3 in Shank's pk video and it was uber fast idk how orc is with no cooldown tho...
    3k mana, i hate it cus priests always have more than that good on warriors tho

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100%VOLUME Senior Member SamEs's Avatar

ps fail alot in any situation (far,close)
    its luck when u hit a guy with ps, but u can shot while moving it doesnt matter.

and if u orc use ofc 5,5,5,5, humans cant do this because they got cooldown ;(

Run And Tell Dat Home BOI Senior Member HixImxBob's Avatar

hmm power shot is an awesome skill. though not consistent with the damage, the risk to me is worth it. i usually use it first on a vs and then save it for when the enemy tries to run and redballs or close to death then u can pop him with that and hopefully u do well enough damage to kill. whats ur gear?

What level are you, how far do you plan on leveling?

Anal Rapist Senior Member

What level are you, how far do you plan on leveling?[/b]
    I think it's on sinins, lvl 83. He got a WindForce +8..gonna be an ownage archer sure if it's sinins ^^

I think it's on sinins, lvl 83. He got a WindForce +8..gonna be an ownage archer sure if it's sinins ^^[/b]
    I could go on for days on this but here's some tips for playing a high level archer...

If this is the case you use way more skills then what are listed above:

Styx
    Ice
    Light
    Blind
    80 skill
    DP
    CS (some people use this way to much)

are the most used skills and you need to be able to toggle ur F keys like u would combo on a sin. And you should ALWAYS have these to hand and keep them up for your party:

Lupine
    Cure
    Minor
    Wolf
    SW

Your first shots should almost always be Ice Arrow and Light Arrow on Melee. On Priests you ALWAYS styx first. On mages it's best to use a combination of Ice, Light, Styx Blind with an 80 shot to finish them off. If you are with a duffer and have him calling out targets you can go for the 80 skill and DP first but that is more rare. On Rogues I like to use a one 2 combo of Ice and Styx, I kill more rogues or get them killed then just about anyone ( Rogues use ROL's mostly so Light tends to not work as well as Glacier so use Ice more on them for slowing LF).

Remember, as an archer you are a helping class. You are their to help get the kill first, and get the kill second. I use many skills to annoy the other party as much as possible as well. If my mages and priests are getting tanked on hard by warriors and rogues, I will often Ice, Light, and Blind them as then are running in. It almost always makes them stop for a moment, slow them down or even retreat and then your party and u can go after their mages and priests.

Rogues who have TBL edit minor and use hacks (like most of the top sins on Oly), you need to mess them up. Try to Ice and Light them over and over and throw your styx when they are minoring and curing. I guarantee you will get them killed or kill them more times then they get away. If you have a sin in ur party he will love you when you slow down a guy he's chasing and take his MP out with styx. If you see a sin trying to sneak around towers, just styx him and then Ice him, chances are hes dead.

Much of the skills of archer is timing the different skills in different situations. If you see someone about to town (and they aren't going to get away from melee charging them), you want to get their HP down fast, then use your lvl 80 and PS not any element arrow. I always try to get a guy who's messing around by waiting to the last minute by getting is his HP down passed half so he can't town, it doesn't always work but it works better then using Ice or Light because they will always town as soon as they are slowed.

If you come across mages NT, run along side or back and styx, Ice, Blind, 80 shot, styx over and over their priests (esp the one tanking towers or the one thats furthest back (they will rely on him most for healing). You will get more of them killed and exped trust me lol. Also, if you see a mage tanking in towers and have a DB, have him DB the mage getting hit by the towers, then just use DP and 80 (those combined with the towers will take out almost any mage).

Finally, to be a good archer you have to know when to go balls out attack and when to step back and try to help the pty. I always try to keep an eye on my mage and priest (and other melee) and minor and cure them when they need it, esp in tough pk spots. Remember your attack also cancels the skills of other classes, so keep your focus on the mages and priests.

People will respect ur play if you sacrifice a kill or 2 to help them live. They will also appreciate ur icing and styxing and will know that even though you didn't get the kill, per say, you helped get the kill by taking away a priests mana or icing a fleeing melee, etc.

xstep

I could go on for days on this but here's some tips for playing a high level archer...

If this is the case you use way more skills then what are listed above:

Styx
    Ice
    Light
    Blind
    80 skill
    DP
    CS (some people use this way to much)

are the most used skills and you need to be able to toggle ur F keys like u would combo on a sin. And you should ALWAYS have these to hand and keep them up for your party:

Lupine
    Cure
    Minor
    Wolf
    SW

Your first shots should almost always be Ice Arrow and Light Arrow on Melee. On Priests you ALWAYS styx first. On mages it's best to use a combination of Ice, Light, Styx Blind with an 80 shot to finish them off. If you are with a duffer and have him calling out targets you can go for the 80 skill and DP first but that is more rare. On Rogues I like to use a one 2 combo of Ice and Styx, I kill more rogues or get them killed then just about anyone ( Rogues use ROL's mostly so Light tends to not work as well as Glacier so use Ice more on them for slowing LF).

Remember, as an archer you are a helping class. You are their to help get the kill first, and get the kill second. I use many skills to annoy the other party as much as possible as well. If my mages and priests are getting tanked on hard by warriors and rogues, I will often Ice, Light, and Blind them as then are running in. It almost always makes them stop for a moment, slow them down or even retreat and then your party and u can go after their mages and priests.

Rogues who have TBL edit minor and use hacks (like most of the top sins on Oly), you need to mess them up. Try to Ice and Light them over and over and throw your styx when they are minoring and curing. I guarantee you will get them killed or kill them more times then they get away. If you have a sin in ur party he will love you when you slow down a guy he's chasing and take his MP out with styx. If you see a sin trying to sneak around towers, just styx him and then Ice him, chances are hes dead.

Much of the skills of archer is timing the different skills in different situations. If you see someone about to town (and they aren't going to get away from melee charging them), you want to get their HP down fast, then use your lvl 80 and PS not any element arrow. I always try to get a guy who's messing around by waiting to the last minute by getting is his HP down passed half so he can't town, it doesn't always work but it works better then using Ice or Light because they will always town as soon as they are slowed.

If you come across mages NT, run along side or back and styx, Ice, Blind, 80 shot, styx over and over their priests (esp the one tanking towers or the one thats furthest back (they will rely on him most for healing). You will get more of them killed and exped trust me lol. Also, if you see a mage tanking in towers and have a DB, have him DB the mage getting hit by the towers, then just use DP and 80 (those combined with the towers will take out almost any mage).

Finally, to be a good archer you have to know when to go balls out attack and when to step back and try to help the pty. I always try to keep an eye on my mage and priest (and other melee) and minor and cure them when they need it, esp in tough pk spots. Remember your attack also cancels the skills of other classes, so keep your focus on the mages and priests.

People will respect ur play if you sacrifice a kill or 2 to help them live. They will also appreciate ur icing and styxing and will know that even though you didn't get the kill, per say, you helped get the kill by taking away a priests mana or icing a fleeing melee, etc.[/b]
    nice guide man, i will use something from this, since i am pretty new to archer :-)

zrocker0404

As i read that i thought, i must be a good archer if i already do what rad_archer said XD