Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Archers: How u start a vs?

This is a discussion on Archers: How u start a vs? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; As topic says, do u use a skill before start a vs? or just combo? Is there a better way ...
Page: 1

Default Archers: How u start a vs?

As topic says, do u use a skill before start a vs? or just combo?

Is there a better way to begin a vs?

I use sometimes:

• Power shot + combo
    • Combo full

And u guys? use armor cancel, skrima, blind, or styx?

Thanks for share ur experience with us(forum lol)!

Waits for Razor to come & write ridiculously long post, most of which being unrelated to the original question intended.

Quote Originally Posted by xLegendZ View Post
    Waits for Razor to come & write ridiculously long post, most of which being unrelated to the original question intended.
    I met razor, do not want to think he will screw up my post

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by xLegendZ View Post
    Why would I write an unrelated post? Are you still "trolling"?

Sometimes it's good to open with powershot, because you can't do it mid-vs. However, it can fail and that would mean a certain defeat against another archer (you waste over 1.5 seconds for 225 damage)

Blinding arrow is okay as long as it is allowed.

Never had 20 points in master for wep cancel.

Starting with styx is bad and only bad archers do that. 80+ archers won't have a small mana pool so it's completely pointless to use it so early (the 2nd styx however, would screw up any warrior / bp / archer that didn't soul pot by then, but archer vs archer vs's are usually done within 4-5 seconds). I prefer saving styx for last, whenever my enemy is confident of dealing the killing blow on their next skill usage so they skip soul potting despite their low mana just to eat a styx in da face

Anyways, I usually start ice + combo to have a chance to screw up S-R combos. Rogues at cz cure it immediately, at arena they won't. I'll start powershot if I need to secure an arena vs, never in cz (I need it to finish them when they start running).

ps: I mixed pretty much cz and arena vs's in my post. both should be treated differently. Never use PS to open a cz vs, never use styx to open a cz vs.
    MrChaka likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Why would I write an unrelated post? Are you still "trolling"?

Sometimes it's good to open with powershot, because you can't do it mid-vs. However, it can fail and that would mean a certain defeat against another archer (you waste over 1.5 seconds for 225 damage)

Blinding arrow is okay as long as it is allowed.

Never had 20 points in master for wep cancel.

Starting with styx is bad and only bad archers do that. 80+ archers won't have a small mana pool so it's completely pointless to use it so early (the 2nd styx however, would screw up any warrior / bp / archer that didn't soul pot by then, but archer vs archer vs's are usually done within 4-5 seconds). I prefer saving styx for last, whenever my enemy is confident of dealing the killing blow on their next skill usage so they skip soul potting despite their low mana just to eat a styx in da face

Anyways, I usually start ice + combo to have a chance to screw up S-R combos. Rogues at cz cure it immediately, at arena they won't. I'll start powershot if I need to secure an arena vs, never in cz (I need it to finish them when they start running).

ps: I mixed pretty much cz and arena vs's in my post. both should be treated differently. Never use PS to open a cz vs, never use styx to open a cz vs.
    Interesting, and yeah power shot fails sometimes, n it happens to me against another archer and lost for those 3 seconds.

but why I Shouldn't use PS to open a cz vs? (for that fail explain?) I mean, I play in a private server where all skills work perfectly and eveyone has almost the same gear.

ps. Good to read you razor, long time I didnt see u again,
    Last edited by Legend; 10-24-2012 at 12:35 AM. Reason: English!

Powershot is the only reliable way (somewhat reliable, because it might fail) to finish off runners. That's why I prefer to keep it unused in cz.
    Last edited by Legend; 10-24-2012 at 12:35 AM. Reason: English!
    Monito likes this.

From my experience as long it's VS (not random fight with runner) it's good to give your best at the beginning. I played alot on private servers, so if it wasnt PS, it was either ice or lighting shot in the right timing - so this show will hit almost at the same moment as arrow shower. It gives you potential 600dmg+ at the same moment when you do shower.
    Styx? Who uses that on VS? (once again, VS, not some faggy stylish fight). If your foe plays dirty, do your best to blow the shit out of them then, but I don't treat styx as something should be used on vs.
    And in ardream, I wouldn't go for that 57skill at the beginning. VS might be long and you don't have much mana. In cz char it's different. You use quite much same skills beside the potential first one, but you have 4k mana more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lert View Post
    From my experience as long it's VS (not random fight with runner) it's good to give your best at the beginning. I played alot on private servers, so if it wasnt PS, it was either ice or lighting shot in the right timing - so this show will hit almost at the same moment as arrow shower. It gives you potential 600dmg+ at the same moment when you do shower.
    Styx? Who uses that on VS? (once again, VS, not some faggy stylish fight). If your foe plays dirty, do your best to blow the shit out of them then, but I don't treat styx as something should be used on vs.
    And in ardream, I wouldn't go for that 57skill at the beginning. VS might be long and you don't have much mana. In cz char it's different. You use quite much same skills beside the potential first one, but you have 4k mana more.
    Trust me while im pking as sin I saw alot of turkeys using styx for open a vs against me, so thats why ask if there's here one person who use that lol

Genius Senior Member ExclusiveBastard's Avatar

mostly just ICE or LIGHT shot here, i choose after looking at the one im fighting like what weapon&armor hes using and what kind of light resist he would have.

Really depends whos your vsing. the only way for it to be effective is just before u arrow shower him. If you styx them at max range, it will be quite useless but if u do it just before they get melee range it's quite effective. This is for any class except for sin. Sin u would have to watch them mana pot before u use it.

I've use to pk in ares ardream against all these +10's sins and without a styx u will not be able get a sin down even 3/4 of hp. And don't get me wrong my gear was pretty good aswell, had like ib+10 plate +9 set +3 unqiues

Some of u might think it is wrong to styx but have u thought of every class has their own unique abilities. Taking away styx is like taking away a person's thrust or minor heal or warriors defense or priest's 1920 heal. Would u say to a priest that u can't use 1920 heal in a vs? I don't think so, well maybe some will say that

I always like to start it off by powershot tho when i was playin a lvl 80 archer since it will never fail at the start

spamming styx everytime it's up = noob.

No, styx isn't equal to skills due it's NOT A SKILL. Yeh, it is on skillbar, so do potion, and what? Don't get me wrong, but if you can't kill someone on fair vs without using styx there is problem with lack of skills. It is reasonable to use styx whenever warrior (mostly) starts to slide, quite much no other exceptions.

No, styx isn't equal to skills due it's NOT A SKILL. Yeh, it is on skillbar, so do potion, and what? Don't get me wrong, but if you can't kill someone on fair vs without using styx there is problem with lack of skills. It is reasonable to use styx whenever warrior (mostly) starts to slide, quite much no other exceptions.
    what about overgearing?

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    what about overgearing?
    What about FAIR vs?

If you are going for fight with gear-best either expect to die or do your best in faggot style: antideffs, shitloads of styx, run and shoot.

What about FAIR vs?

If you are going for fight with gear-best either expect to die or do your best in faggot style: antideffs, shitloads of styx, run and shoot.
    sure, in a fair vs most opponents will die, no reason to use styx.

in a vs where I'm clearly overgeared, I'll use styx, and if they dare counter my "lame" strategy by sliding, then I'll use every trick in the book available to try to turn the tides in my favor (acid, ice, run and shoot, talia, spam styx A LOT, etc).

an example of overgearing: shells rogue vs krowaz warrior. even then, styx can't just make you win. all the warrior has to do is soul pot as soon as he's down 2k~ mana and my styxes are useless and I lose anyway.

It's really hard to determine what's allowed and what's not allowed when vsing an archer. negating their entire damage by sliding is obviously... hilarious for the guy doing it and extremely frustrating for the archer. But some people just can't tank the archer damage. S-R combo is often labeled as the only "fair" way of vsing an archer, for both parties. But that won't stop people from using cp and other cheap strats that are perfectly fine and allowed while styx is frowned upon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast