Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Archers: How u start a vs?

This is a discussion on Archers: How u start a vs? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; 12 ACID potions + 15 STYX's + light shot+ ICE shot + 3x shower/multipile = WIN lol...
Page: 2

Genius Senior Member ExclusiveBastard's Avatar

12 ACID potions + 15 STYX's + light shot+ ICE shot + 3x shower/multipile = WIN

lol
    lFilthy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ExclusiveBastard View Post
    12 ACID potions + 15 STYX's + light shot+ ICE shot + 3x shower/multipile = WIN

lol
    hell yeh

My archer has 3,700ap but 500ac. My vs strategy against a krowas warrior/+10 assassin or anything that will 1 shot me consists of kiting with light/slow shot until one of them goes in, or they go 1/2 health. If they are 50-60% health and they commit, I will change to def armors, blind + hide, styx then powershot, then figure out how to go from there.

I have 500ac if I get hit just once its over. I'll use every trick in the book...

Little archer Senior Member

I don't want to imagine which armors or jewels you're using to have 500 ac. what the fuck man...

I'll take a rol+0 / +1 over an elf ring +1 / +2 anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I don't want to imagine which armors or jewels you're using to have 500 ac. what the fuck man...

I'll take a rol+0 / +1 over an elf ring +1 / +2 anyday.
    Well you dont have to worry about me at all, I do have the regular tank crap... wp rols EME/SE iron belt krowas set and an alternate bow for good measure...

But I hardly use it, because it was a moot point to try to tank from the start. You're not gonna out pot or outdamage a baal 10, and much less a raum +10.

With 500ac you must town alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lert View Post
    With 500ac you must town alot.
    I would, if I played like a retard, but I make get by

Quote Originally Posted by Lert View Post
    No, styx isn't equal to skills due it's NOT A SKILL. Yeh, it is on skillbar, so do potion, and what? Don't get me wrong, but if you can't kill someone on fair vs without using styx there is problem with lack of skills. It is reasonable to use styx whenever warrior (mostly) starts to slide, quite much no other exceptions.
    Yeah styx is like potions. I rekon it's pretty fair to use styx's in a vs well thats what i think. Why? Because every class unique like warrior have alot more def, sins have mh and pedal which is like 95% of them in ares, Priests has malice and healing.I mean if u have it there why not use it. Most sins will use Blinding and then beast hiding on a vs why? because they have it on a skill bar. Using styx is not because of lack of skills it's because most people in ares is overgeared and use pedal. I mean most sins in ares ardream can just town spike and stand there for a whole 2 mins tanking all the towers. Not only that they can tank that much they can also spike for alot. I see alot of sins that can tank my arrow shower fully, was doing about 250 damage each arrow all arrows was hitting aswell. So why not styx them.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    sure, in a fair vs most opponents will die, no reason to use styx.

in a vs where I'm clearly overgeared, I'll use styx, and if they dare counter my "lame" strategy by sliding, then I'll use every trick in the book available to try to turn the tides in my favor (acid, ice, run and shoot, talia, spam styx A LOT, etc).

an example of overgearing: shells rogue vs krowaz warrior. even then, styx can't just make you win. all the warrior has to do is soul pot as soon as he's down 2k~ mana and my styxes are useless and I lose anyway.

It's really hard to determine what's allowed and what's not allowed when vsing an archer. negating their entire damage by sliding is obviously... hilarious for the guy doing it and extremely frustrating for the archer. But some people just can't tank the archer damage. S-R combo is often labeled as the only "fair" way of vsing an archer, for both parties. But that won't stop people from using cp and other cheap strats that are perfectly fine and allowed while styx is frowned upon.
    I agree, warriors have alot of hp and def. Styx will help u get on a more playing field. Warriors have 8 k mana and 10k + hp not including the amount of def they have. And sins don't need to change for hp pot to mana pot and they have like 600% damage and their overall ap will be higher than u always and aswell cp and even illusion

If your super-pro-mega-combo can't take someone's hp down, it doesn't mean he uses pedal. So what, these fancy 50% hp recorvery pots from abyss are fair as well ''cause it is on skillbar''? Or DD and other antideffs ''cause you have it, and can use it''? It shows what kind of player are you and no matter who would you vs, you will give your best... i mean your styx :P

and that's why it's hard to determine what's fair against an archer.

everyone knows that you don't fully duff a warrior as a bp
    everyone knows you don't use illusion as a sin

but everything archer-related is more in a gray area.

from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal

i shout my ideas. I've readen all the previous posts and i've to say i agree with few and disagree with the majority cuz of few objective reasons and ofc an own way of playing-style/feeling the pk.
    For istance, player killing.....how i do it doesn't really matter. I can even decide to run all the time like a noob in cz, following behind the lines the other parties, leeching their duff or just waiting for a redball and then shotting just a single powershot for the ks-kill. Ok the topic is about vs, but u got what i mean and ma way of feeling the archer.
    1st i play an archer and i'm going to use all the skills/items that a rouge can use/equip in order to defeat my enemy.All the arguments about styx &C. (fair not fair) are totally meaningless to me.If u don't like them...blow them.

If we're talking about cz, i agree with razor about not using styx at the beginning. 80s got a too high mana lvl that a styx would be almost always wasted.Moreover the premmy pots makes the job even easier.
    Generally i would styx when i got potting probs or according on the situation.
    Using a powershot at the beginning is possible.I would say a personal taste. But imo, i would keep it for later, in the middle of fight, maybe right after a styx or when the enemy starts sliding. ( it depends also on which bow u got. if u got a bomba and the curse goes on, powershot success rate increases badly ).
    Beginning with a light shot should be the best choice in theory; practically does not work at all. With all the cheaters,uber geared, or even simply good geared players out there + master lvl + passive skills or magic shield, the chance to stun someone so high lvlled, is close to 0.
    Slow rate is deffo higher than the stun one;for some uknown reasons and partially becouse ice res tend to be the lowest res a char got. (not so less, in the majority of cases...btw..)
    So yea starting with an ice shot, for reducing the movements of your target, sounds wise.
    About the 75 skill, it's like the styx.; i would use it when i got probs: potting and/or when i'm in need to recover badly hp.

If you're 83 i would start with all the master skills: eskr+weap canc and then, according to ma bow and the distance i got from my target 3+5 or 5+3 or the ice shot.

Banned Regular Member

500 ac?
    holy fuck!?!
    what you have fp+9 2x elf ring +3/ 2x 16/3 dex ears and amulet of dex +3 and judi +3?
    with EE+9?

sound like a GG archer in dcz?
    my dcz char in cwest has almost twice that base.. i think like 898, or a little over 900 i forgot..?

Quote Originally Posted by lFilthy View Post
    500 ac?
    holy fuck!?!
    what you have fp+9 2x elf ring +3/ 2x 16/3 dex ears and amulet of dex +3 and judi +3?
    with EE+9?

sound like a GG archer in dcz?
    my dcz char in cwest has almost twice that base.. i think like 898, or a little over 900 i forgot..?
    lol ee +9 is a very nice bow, but you're not going to get 3704 ap with it.

Im not even full +3s yet ... however the max ap I can get "street legal" is only 3900 with this bow though

Moi

Didn read everything but ( a Q for razor i think) can you also HP pot + minor combo with a archer not minoring all the time like a sin but like something like this arrowshower 2x minors hp pot multiple shot hp pot 2/3x minors and go so onn

dunno if you guys will get it what i mean :F

Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Didn read everything but ( a Q for razor i think) can you also HP pot + minor combo with a archer not minoring all the time like a sin but like something like this arrowshower 2x minors hp pot multiple shot hp pot 2/3x minors and go so onn

dunno if you guys will get it what i mean :F
    depending on your speed.

if you purposefully slow down, you'll minor more.

but is it really worth it to minor? only 1 or at best 2 will go through each time (120 hp) and you'll burn through your mana even quicker.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast