Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ardream Archer

This is a discussion on Ardream Archer within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; I was maybe thinking of changing from a sin to archer in ardream c-west, but ive never tried archer before. ...
Page: 1

Default Ardream Archer

I was maybe thinking of changing from a sin to archer in ardream c-west, but ive never tried archer before. Is there any pro ardream archers out there who can show me there skill bars and also how they combo? oh and also can someone tell me the best gear you can get from archers and whether there is a big difference between sin gear and archer gear?

Thanks in advance =]

tbh my favorite archer on cwest ardream was gs from goonsquad, idk if you know him. but send me a pm and ill give you his new ign, maybe he will be willing to show you, hes nice guy.

as far as sin to archer gear change its not much.

overall you dont want to switch much...ill post an above average geared archer set up that is very effective.

chit7 dd helm
    chit8 pauld/pads
    fp9 boots/gaunts/helm (get helm last and only if you got money to spare, you will use dd most of time, fp9 helm more of a luxury then necessity.

ee+8.......i think its better option unless you got full uniques +2/3, if you can afford those uniques aim for ib9. the resist/hp/ac/sword def are very helpful and can be quite the life savers in many many scenarios. sword def doesnt come into play much..however most people using swords in ardream are using ms+9..so when the sword def does come into effect it will surely be helpful. the resist are a must in ardream...you gotta take into consideration you do not see many decent mages, you see 1 hit mages and you see extremely over geared +2/3 dmg ring mages nothing else. the 1 hits wont effect you because they will be dead, however those geared ones are hard as hell to kill and stun/ice and dot liek crazy.

RE+1/2 are a must for resist and an overall balanced stats. EME+1/2 are pretty good also you could do one of each too.

Iron set is pretty awesome..especially if you duo pk. heres why...when you duo pk you will rarely ever face small parties so you will always be stuck in a group of people. therefore overall the IN is going to lower amount of dmg on you by a ton...it might even add up to over 1000 hp per 10-20 seconds depending on how many attacking. IB has 50 ac...which is huge + the 10 weapon def. if you like to tank this is your best bet.

if you play alot of support your best bet will be WP+1/2, overall it will add to your mana/hp which helps when your minoring yourself and teamates, ac/resist allow you to stay away from the party so you can focus your support on teamates. also it gives you some dex so your ap wont be hurting to much.

rings..rols old/0/1/2/3 whatever you can afford, not much other options can compare to these, and im going to assume your already using them.

alternative items...

BDN2/3 these are fairly cheap and if you plan to not play alot of support...or tank, and like to sit back and ks lol this is awesome permanent neck to use good hp..some ac and alot of dex. however if you got the money this is an awesome neck to have in your inventory to switch to when your party is relying on your ap to get the kills.

Jud+1/2 once again fairly cheap they give you awesome resist/hp/mana/some ac/ and amazing dex bonus for your ap. this is an awesome item to switch in and out with your IB/skelly belt.

hope that helps. post your budget/current items so i can give more accurate advice.

well im still a sin right now, but im wanting to change.
    i have rol+2 and +1, judi belt +2 going to make it +3 with the other judi belts i bought and +8 chitin set.
    I was thinking of selling my other items on all my other characters and stuff i dont need, so that would provide me with a load of cash.
    I was thinking of getting SE instead, or getting one RE+3 and SE+3 because i wanting to get real nice ap. The BDN im already trying to find, hoping to get it soon, but its real hard to get these days and hoping to change rol+1 for a +2. Oh and i heard something about elf ring?
    I was thinking of getting iron set last, because i don't know whether i would die a lot yet. Also are there any ee+9 in c-west? or only ib+9?
    What do you think about PP?
    Also can you maybe just give me a list of prices for the items below?
    SE+0,1,2,3.
    ee+8 or+9 if any.
    ib+9.
    BDN+0,1,2,3.
    Skelly Belt+0,1,2,3.

Thanks again bknight, helped me alot.

hmmm i do not know to much about prices because atm they fluctuating so quickly..some dropping quiker than others its kinda odd usually everything drops equivalently.

anyways i dont think there are any ee+9 but there could be 1-2 tops. i know i watched a video of a guy burning one to +11 rv a few weeks ago on cwest lol. but theres a couple EE +6/9 rev so shouldnt be to bad to find one. ee+8 non rev cost 25gb roughly, could be a little less as i said prices dropping quickly.

ib9 has to be around 80-90gb rough estimate

se i got no clue about gotta be around the same as RE's.

skelly belt +0 is like nothing now maybe 2-2.5gb, +1 is like 6-7gb, 2 is 18-20gb, 3 is 50-55gb. jsut remember when you compound uniques they lose a bit of value.

bdn i am also not to sure on have not been following market much and havent bought or looked at rogue items in game for a long time xD. been focusing on my preist haha.

now you got 50 post, make P/C in market section.. or go through rogue selling list threads and sometimes people will post c/o and b/o which will give you a rough estimate of the cost.

besides prices.. going RE/SE combo isnt completely awful, but when the 2 are compared.. i think the RE is the obvious choice, your ap can always be increased by getting a better bow, or a new piece of armor. you are limited to the places in which you can add on resists. that 8 dex is barely going to alter the amount of dmg you do, and on average you will most likely still hit about the same numbers, every once in a while you might get your peek dmg but mostly just average. also you will had jud3/bdn3 so switching to those 2 items will give you all the ap you will ever need in ardream. dont forget when people are para'd in ardream most of them have 2k or less hp, so your arrow shower will do close to half there hp even with average ap.

RE 3 - 16 ac 12 dex 100 hp/mana 20 fr/lr/gr
    SE 3 - 20 ac 20 dex

elf rings are awful you will need your rols, if you need higher ap..as i said there are plenty of other places on your char to stack up your ap. when i played sin..i always used my jewelry for hp/mana/resist, armor for ac, and relied on weapons for ap. if i wanted more ap i would get better weap, if needed more mana or resist i upgraded uniques.

enough explainign do this XD.

chit7 - dd helm
    chit8/9 - pauld pads
    fp9/chit9 - gaunts/boots/helm

dual RE+3
    PP+3
    Jud+3
    dual Rols+2
    Iron Set (if not in budget you can get skelly+0 and wp+1 for tank mode)

EE+5rev or better
    Last edited by bknight; 05-17-2011 at 11:42 PM.

I don't think there are any EE's +9 in cwest or if there is which there may be they would be very expensive.

Elf Rings are good, however you will need the ac and hp for tanking and I prefer rols +2 over elf rings +3 especially for DCZ.

I used BDN +2/Judicious Belt +2 myself, and I made the BDN which was actually cheaper what I would recommend is setting up a buying merchant for them. Having an Old WP/Skeleton Belt that you can switch out is also a very good idea. Also make sure you get DD for obvious reasons and investing in other defences is good aswell.

Now as I can imagine an Iron bow +9 is expensive on cwest, so I would recommend going with the EE +8 for reasons BK explained, and you can get an Iron Set or Upgrade the rest of your accessories, what id recommend is.

Iron Set/IB +9/Re's +3 or Re 3/Se 3, then Chitin Set +9, Rol's +3 in that order.

Also after you get an Iron Set you can look in to a +9 FP set however it all comes down to personal preference and playing style.

Wish you the best of luck and go archers.

go with the same gear u have as a sin, dont get "full ap" gear for ardream, that is for rlb/cz, and it stil sucks in there...

i could post my archer skillbar, wich is awesome, but i changed to sin last night, so its not an option :P lemme c if i can find some old skillbars

the combo: arrow showr, w , multiple shower, w , arrow shower, u get it :P

didnt find anny good ss of my skillbar,
    but made sum ss of a video i had, a bit poor graphics, and it shows mulitple skills being pressed at once, but thats only cuz its put together from multiple ss,

Quote Originally Posted by pa4ned4life View Post
    I don't think there are any EE's +9 in cwest or if there is which there may be they would be very expensive.

Elf Rings are good, however you will need the ac and hp for tanking and I prefer rols +2 over elf rings +3 especially for DCZ.

I used BDN +2/Judicious Belt +2 myself, and I made the BDN which was actually cheaper what I would recommend is setting up a buying merchant for them. Having an Old WP/Skeleton Belt that you can switch out is also a very good idea. Also make sure you get DD for obvious reasons and investing in other defences is good aswell.

Now as I can imagine an Iron bow +9 is expensive on cwest, so I would recommend going with the EE +8 for reasons BK explained, and you can get an Iron Set or Upgrade the rest of your accessories, what id recommend is.

Iron Set/IB +9/Re's +3 or Re 3/Se 3, then Chitin Set +9, Rol's +3 in that order.

Also after you get an Iron Set you can look in to a +9 FP set however it all comes down to personal preference and playing style.

Wish you the best of luck and go archers.
    y would i get +9 FP when you said to get chitin set +9?

Quote Originally Posted by Breathin View Post
    didnt find anny good ss of my skillbar,
    but made sum ss of a video i had, a bit poor graphics, and it shows mulitple skills being pressed at once, but thats only cuz its put together from multiple ss,

Thanks for the skill bar, but also when like attacking someone, and you take damage during pkin do you usually hp pot or do u minor like sins usually do?

i played archer alot, and i don't like that skillbar^^
    i always played with:
    1 lightfeet
    2 arrowshower
    3 multiple shower
    4 mp pot
    5 shadow
    6 cs
    7 cure
    8 minor

I always did my healing with my right mouse button (hp pot), and had minor on my skillbar for support and minorring myself when getting attacked. I always put the shower combo on all the skillbars i used, cus you can always get in a situation where showering is best and you don't have time to switch between the bars. also i think archers are only good on distance with very high ap, i used to have 1600+ ap, and sometimes one hitted people i don't think that archers are good with low ap especially in dcz cus of the sins, they can easy get out of distance and minor thereselfs in that case arrows with 400dmg won't make any difference, so make sure ur ap is high enough.

I want to say one last thing, if you are in a party with good priests. Go aim for the priest in enemies' party, they need to heal/cure etc. which means that they dont walk alot. my first thing that i did in a good party was aiming for the priest, put their stomach full of arrows (kill them) and then go for the other players. cus there is no other class who can do more dmg in a few seconds as a good archer! and without a priest, they are changeless

sorry for my bad english, wrote it very fast^^
    hope you can do something with it!

cya

Quote Originally Posted by sinful View Post
    Thanks for the skill bar, but also when like attacking someone, and you take damage during pkin do you usually hp pot or do u minor like sins usually do?
    i allways use hp pots, since u cant minor when ur comboing with the archer skills =)

Quote Originally Posted by Stifa View Post
    i always played with:
    1 lightfeet
    2 arrowshower
    3 multiple shower
    4 mp pot
    5 shadow
    6 cs
    7 cure
    8 minor

I always did my healing with my right mouse button (hp pot), and had minor on my skillbar for support and minorring myself when getting attacked. I always put the shower combo on all the skillbars i used, cus you can always get in a situation where showering is best and you don't have time to switch between the bars. also i think archers are only good on distance with very high ap, i used to have 1600+ ap, and sometimes one hitted people i don't think that archers are good with low ap especially in dcz cus of the sins, they can easy get out of distance and minor thereselfs in that case arrows with 400dmg won't make any difference, so make sure ur ap is high enough.

I want to say one last thing, if you are in a party with good priests. Go aim for the priest in enemies' party, they need to heal/cure etc. which means that they dont walk alot. my first thing that i did in a good party was aiming for the priest, put their stomach full of arrows (kill them) and then go for the other players. cus there is no other class who can do more dmg in a few seconds as a good archer! and without a priest, they are changeless

cya
    first off, dont have the time to switch ?
    its a button click, if u think its hard to switch skillbars, then u havent played eough, and i have minor on the skillbar for support, and what u use on ur right click, is all ur own choice, i use light feet on my right click...

and the most important skill an archer has in dcz is styx, keeps the sins from healing emselfs if u use it right...

ur right about one thing tho, if it is a big party clashing into another party, u should go for the priest, but not for the reason of him standing still, but for the reason that as an archer its so easy to cancell hes heals if you can combo right

and, if u didnt get it, page 1 is for longshots, page 2 is for comboing, and 3 is basicly all the stuff u need like cures, swift etc

Quote Originally Posted by Stifa View Post
    i always played with:
    1 lightfeet
    2 arrowshower
    3 multiple shower
    4 mp pot
    5 shadow
    6 cs
    7 cure
    8 minor

cya
    Cool thanks for the advice and your skill bar layout. Also agree on the ap factor as well thats why i want to go archer because having higher ap i think would benefit more if i was an archer and i just wanting to change to archer for a change. =]

Thanks again!

Oh and also guys, is there any good like youtube videos or links you guys can show me of archer videos and how they pk and stuff? or even any in depth guides to archers that maybe someone has made that you know of?

Thanks in advance! =]

never really seen one :S
    dont think there are to many out there, and if there is, its prob in turkish, best guide is to play and learn ur own technique

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast