Ardream mage staffs

This is a discussion on Ardream mage staffs within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; What will be better for full support mage, build with 110 mp to glacier erenion +7 and rest in hp(18 ...
Page: 1

Sorix

What will be better for full support mage, build with 110 mp to glacier erenion +7 and rest in hp(18 points more) or 128 in mp to elixir +7... ?

ILoveYouToo

erenion +7 since your support. It has a nice hp bonus aswell and a bit less mp required.

oasis ?

Sorix

oasis is expensive, but i can add 114 in mp, and buy it in future . Erenion is better in slowing than elixir ?

ILoveYouToo

oasis is expensive, but i can add 114 in mp, and buy it in future . Erenion is better in slowing than elixir ?[/b]
    I haven't tested them both to say that but the enerion has bonuses that you will need playing support. Elixer doesn't have any

RE5PECTmf

Being support mage and using Elixir staff is in pretty much stupid .Choosing Elixir staff turns u into dmg build , and thats where u should use Garp among with Shio tears . Glacier erenion +7 is by the far best staff for support . Your main job as a support mage is to stay back and slow / tp ppl , and for that , u need elemental dmg since u drop aoe and attack with far skills . Among with low Mp requirement and more than good bonuses , its best staff for support mage . Ap is decent , so u can slow average with blade skill . Ardream mage doesn't have many resistances , so that FR is quite useful as well . Oasis is considerable only if u plan to be a shield mage , and to be with shield 90% of the time , and switch to staff only when u blade some1 cuz with its higher ap comparing to GE , it should slow better with 42 skill . I used to do this and it has proven to be good , but only if u use it only 10% of the time . If u plan to be support mage w/o using shield , use Ge+7 , 110 mp , rest hp and enjoy power of maxed out hp and extra bonuses it gives ;P Cheers ^^

Banned

Being support mage and using Elixir staff is in pretty much stupid .Choosing Elixir staff turns u into dmg build , and thats where u should use Garp among with Shio tears . Glacier erenion +7 is by the far best staff for support . Your main job as a support mage is to stay back and slow / tp ppl , and for that , u need elemental dmg since u drop aoe and attack with far skills . Among with low Mp requirement and more than good bonuses , its best staff for support mage . Ap is decent , so u can slow average with blade skill . Ardream mage doesn't have many resistances , so that FR is quite useful as well . Oasis is considerable only if u plan to be a shield mage , and to be with shield 90% of the time , and switch to staff only when u blade some1 cuz with its higher ap comparing to GE , it should slow better with 42 skill . I used to do this and it has proven to be good , but only if u use it only 10% of the time . If u plan to be support mage w/o using shield , use Ge+7 , 110 mp , rest hp and enjoy power of maxed out hp and extra bonuses it gives ;P Cheers ^^[/b]
    I disagree 100% with this.

GE is the most pointless weapon in the game. Even for support. GE is the Priest Impact of todays int priests. (i know they will work after next expansion) GE is decent if you are planning on going cardboard support.

For fucks sake, use the staff that coincides with the armor you are using and the stat points that go along with it. if you are Crimson build, which you should be, use a garp or an oisis staff. YES a garp as a support mage.

Here's why: The AP on the staff effects the slow-rate the most. Let any noob on here argue that fact, but know that for 2+ years in ardream and 5+ years as a mage I have tried/tested them all. The garp slows better then ANY OTHER STAFF you can use in ardream. With 138 MP requirement, you will still damage decently, but with ROLS/EP+2/GB you will tank fine for ardream. Being able to throw your blizzard and ACTUALLY slow people is priceless.

Another reason: the crimson armor requires something like 118 MP to use, and 20 points into HP at level 59 is FUCK-ALL. So use the staff that's going to be effective.

On a side note, the garp has a hefty amount of GR as well.

Put 51 points into str to use a SS if you really want that extra hp the GE gives you.

I actually found that the best staff for support in ardream is the Elysium. Yes, the lightning staff. Skill yourself 51 ice 45 light. This will give you ice comet and frostbite (the only 2 single target skills you will ever need for slowing). Use the charged blade to stun priests if your party has a good advantage and your support is less required. Dual AOE's comes in handy for crowd controll.

THE BEST SUPPORT MAGE IN ARDREAM IS ONE THAT CAN SLOW AN ENTIRE MOB OF ENEMIES WITH ONE SINGLE BLIZZARD

RE5PECTmf

I don't say u don't know what u r doing , I'm just saying u got a bit carried away .[/b] From video u made I got that u r more attack mage that was used to be in overgeared , well covered with priest parties , who didn't have to worry about cures etc. therefore , only thing u think is to run in and blade priest . If any parties would work that way , u would see 5 light mages among with 1 melee and 2 priests raping the CZ / Ardream everywhere . Period .[/b]