Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help build a mage.

This is a discussion on Help build a mage. within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Hey, I just came back to KO after about 2(?) years, got nothing better to do lol. I decided to ...
Page: 1

Default Help build a mage.

Hey, I just came back to KO after about 2(?) years, got nothing better to do lol. I decided to play on C - West and as a mage. I want to try something new, I have played all both all classes except for Mage, so why not? Since I have no experience with playing as a mage, I am open for suggestions, I'm not planning on staying dcz for too long, but I am currently lvl 54 and I will have 8GB by the end of this week.

I've built myself as Fire/Ice. My stats are: 160 int and 129 mp.

I've done quite a few research, asking few mage on my server, most have suggested to go with cardboard build (linen 8) and woe 7/8, and most peeps on this forum, look down on woe and recommend Scorching 7 (although, shit looks ugly.) I'm also keen to buying a Hell Blood 7. As for the linen, how's everyone's experience with it, I myself don't like the idea of being a low on defense, unless it's the best way to go.

Should I restat? if so, what should my build be? or what should I start doing?

This is what I am thinking of getting:

144 int, all to mp
    Crystal 8 (hp)
    Hell Blood 7

112 int, all to mp
    Linen 8 (hp)
    Scorching 7 or Woe 8

160 int, all to mp
    Crimson 7 (hp)
    Elixir 7/8

2x Old Flame Ring
    Old Elemental Pendant

what should I get for belt? earrings? or should I just stick to quest accessory?

Is it worth putting 1 str, to wield scorpion shield +0?

Fire away!

Which zone are you playing? Ardream, RLB, or CZ? By the looks of it, looks like ardream

Quote Originally Posted by azn_krn_dragon View Post
    Which zone are you playing? Ardream, RLB, or CZ? By the looks of it, looks like ardream
    I don't plan on dcz for too long. I do plan on stay 59 to gear up a bit more.

MakeYouSweat

Quote Originally Posted by jasonclaiba View Post
    I don't plan on dcz for too long. I do plan on stay 59 to gear up a bit more.
    Level has nothing to do with making money... Chaos stone doesnt drop much worthy items, and sometimes even if it does, there is high chance that the dude in the party wont split the money.

Anyway the staff isnt everything in mage... If youll be with the items you mentioned, youll be 3 hited by a sin in ardream....

Go for WOE / Elixir +7, crimsons 7, old fr, old skelly, old ep, old sse. Your money should be enough for that..

Quote Originally Posted by MakeYouSweat View Post
    Level has nothing to do with making money... Chaos stone doesnt drop much worthy items, and sometimes even if it does, there is high chance that the dude in the party wont split the money.

Anyway the staff isnt everything in mage... If youll be with the items you mentioned, youll be 3 hited by a sin in ardream....

Go for WOE / Elixir +7, crimsons 7, old fr, old skelly, old ep, old sse. Your money should be enough for that..
    Oh really? Time to make a new account and farm trolls... /Sarcasm

Why woe +7 or elixir+7, I preffer schorching or hell blood over these. And about linen build i would rather play crimson build with ur budget.
    Im not sure whether you can affor it or not, but this can be the gear for 59 lvl.
    crimson set +7
    dual old flame ring
    dual old sse
    old ep
    old skeleton belt
    schorching +7

from this you can start slowly improving ur char. probly get DD helemt first...

MakeYouSweat

Quote Originally Posted by Chopy-Spyr View Post
    Why woe +7 or elixir+7, I preffer schorching or hell blood over these. And about linen build i would rather play crimson build with ur budget.
    Im not sure whether you can affor it or not, but this can be the gear for 59 lvl.
    crimson set +7
    dual old flame ring
    dual old sse
    old ep
    old skeleton belt
    schorching +7

from this you can start slowly improving ur char. probly get DD helemt first...
    Well yeah somewhy I colculated it wrong, so yeah, take scorching 7

I'll look into those, but before I make my final decisions, what about

the first option? Hell Blood 7 and Crystal 8? If I end up having money to afford it? (I know, I can't but this is a question in general.)

depending on if you would be using the staff hit(lvl 41 or 42) or using manes and dots, the staff can vary, like for staff hitting, (which is my favourite since it goes so fast) i would use a hell blood, but for dots and using mainly spells, get a woe, the scorching is kind of the mediator in this sense because it has good ap and flame damage and also 7 dd. for armor, definitely go for dd helmet before you get your other armor, its the most valuble thing on a mage, and i would maybe take out some mp and int stats and add say 30 or 40 into hp, considering you dont have enouhg money for flame rings +2 or 3, you wont be hitting hard so i would stick to survival builds before hard hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by AccurseD View Post
    depending on if you would be using the staff hit(lvl 41 or 42) or using manes and dots, the staff can vary, like for staff hitting, (which is my favourite since it goes so fast) i would use a hell blood, but for dots and using mainly spells, get a woe, the scorching is kind of the mediator in this sense because it has good ap and flame damage and also 7 dd. for armor, definitely go for dd helmet before you get your other armor, its the most valuble thing on a mage, and i would maybe take out some mp and int stats and add say 30 or 40 into hp, considering you dont have enouhg money for flame rings +2 or 3, you wont be hitting hard so i would stick to survival builds before hard hitter.
    Ah, that cleared up a lot of things! However, the issue is, I can't find any dd helm on c-west, either no one sells em or the supply is really low. I rarely use the level 42 skill (staffing) but I'm going to start using it. So in the long run, Scorching Staff would be the best? What I'm trying to do is hit a lot more. I don't want to be paper to accomplish this as I wont be able to survive in the long run. I basically want to run into a group of people, Nova, and run out with 10 kills or something (exaggeration.)

MakeYouSweat

Ah, that cleared up a lot of things! However, the issue is, I can't find any dd helm on c-west, either no one sells em or the supply is really low. I rarely use the level 42 skill (staffing) but I'm going to start using it. So in the long run, Scorching Staff would be the best? What I'm trying to do is hit a lot more. I don't want to be paper to accomplish this as I wont be able to survive in the long run. I basically want to run into a group of people, Nova, and run out with 10 kills or something (exaggeration.)
    DD +7 is like 9 gb (for mage) and quest is bugged so its rare, you cant afford it

There is no point in getting good staff if you wont be able to sourvive....

Just get
    Scorching 7
    Crimsons 7 - 27~25m for +1 rev
    Old FR
    Old Skelly
    Old priest earing - 5m or less / sse - 12m
    Old EP - 30m

Quote Originally Posted by MakeYouSweat View Post
    DD +7 is like 9 gb (for mage) and quest is bugged so its rare, you cant afford it

There is no point in getting good staff if you wont be able to sourvive....

Just get
    Scorching 7
    Crimsons 7 - 27~25m for +1 rev
    Old FR
    Old Skelly
    Old priest earing - 5m or less / sse - 12m
    Old EP - 30m
    and if I don't pk in dcz?

Thats exactly what i suggested. And if you wanna go into RLB (60-69) then just switch crimsons into completes. And ewhen you get this gear just save up till you have enough money for DD +6/7 (+6 will be like 6gb)

MakeYouSweat

and if I don't pk in dcz?
    So youll pk in RLB / CZ, and it will be same build just diff armor

If you're gonna PK in CZ, it's a MUST to have Krowaz armor. Paper mages cease to exist in CZ, but at 83, you can have Krowaz armor and 255 MP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast