Light vs Ice

This is a discussion on Light vs Ice within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Well, I played mage long time ago. When I played, mage were only fire and light. Fire for more damage ...
Page: 1

towntown

Default Light vs Ice

Well,
    I played mage long time ago.

When I played, mage were only fire and light. Fire for more damage and light for stun. I almost never saw a ice mage.

But now there is alot of them, and the number of light mages is under the ice ones.

I was wondering why....
    It's cheaper??
    Stun rate is very low now??
    Other reason??

Biaxident

Quote Originally Posted by towntown View Post
    Well,

When I played, mage were only fire and light. Fire for more damage and light for stun. I almost never saw a ice mage.

But now there is alot of them, and the number of light mages is under the ice ones.

I was wondering why....
    It's cheaper??
    Other reason??
    yea shios are relatively cheap and ice is rly good for support...it's also very fun to blade people cuz of the damage and slowing with oasis +8 and shios +2/+3 ^_^

yea and its a pain in the ass cause those dam giant ice blocks from staff cover your entire screen lol and you got no clue whats going on :P.

they are pretty cheap chars to build and very good support. light build is freaking awesome though and my favorite, light preist dominate preist incredibly..not only do they can they stun the preist but the combo timing on light staff move is so perfect that you always cancel preist..you can easily solo a preist

ice mages are VERY cheap..... i was thinking about being one but id rather stun than slow someone. Although they are so cheap and underestimated it's tempting me to switch.....

When im mele i avoid ice mages at all cost lol, more than any other class.

ice mage gear is cheap as chips, so people can afford dual +3 shios and oasis +8 quite easily making it an attractive choice. But personally i find light much more fun, when you slow someone it can be cured and the opponent can still attack and move... When someone gets stunned, they are completely screwed, they cant move or attack and it ruins their combo.

Light FTW

peace

Depends on what your prefer, personally i think the ice slow rate is wayyy higher than the stun rate is, thats from experience playing as both classes

but yes ice mages are cheaper to build and i think the fact that the slow rate is so high right now also attracts people

zzZzSkilla4SkillazZzz

Ice OWNZ-dxMrSiuxb

speaking from the dcz priest's view...it is way more annyoing to get iced than stunned...maybe cuz with my LR i dont get stunned often. Ice does the same chaos as ligh does, people are brought outta focus and party goes to hell when randoms in there .. idk what server u speaking about but Cwest ICE mage stuff is cheap..it is worth going for ice build.

Banned

ice in cz you got cubes which are really good for support and helps your pt alot usually ice mages have shields rather than light, i dunno the reason for that though

the reason is that ice is more of a support class than an attacking class .. everything about it screams support.

although ice is a fun build, light is more effective

if you had money id just have both ^^

or even just get an oasis + shios and switch them up when 1 is more usefull than the other .. also another bonus with being ardream is that you can go 51 ice and 45 lightning , so essencially you are skilled as an ice mage (have all the good ice skills) but primarily attack with lightning .. capishe?

If <72 then go ice, light mage sux without staffing...

Allso if you are support you should be ice...

But... if you are >72 and wanna be hardcore attacker light mage basicly > any class....

Quote Originally Posted by towntown View Post
    Well,

I was wondering why....
    It's cheaper??
    Other reason??
    ye... much cheaper!

ive played both light and ice...

and i think its a preference thing...

some people love playing support, slowing parties, tping, and having a shiit ton of hitpoints with a shield and not getting killed...

others love comboing the enemy priest, mage and rogues...

i tried ice, but it wasnt for me...just had way too much fun going after priests and comboing the shit out of them....and having that stealthed sin try to sneak up on me and vs me...haha