Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Avedon 7 vs Exceptional Raptor +8

This is a discussion on Avedon 7 vs Exceptional Raptor +8 within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; hmm well most people are using the normal IB IN which give the same weap def. but then you got ...
Page: 2

hmm well most people are using the normal IB IN which give the same weap def. but then you got things like +6 spear shields and spear boots. axe gaunts aren't very common. skelly doesnt have any axe defense.

hmm tough call really...but i would definetly say theres less axe def then spear.

because i have inside knowledge and know your going to most likely be in RLB you actually might want to choose the raptor..since from the first night of pking what ive noticed is all you do is duff them run into towers for quick hits and get out for the most part, there isnt much vsing. RLB is like all tower fighting so you dont have to worry about mana that much, and like mentioned before you can always add a few stats to hp.

hmmm go raptor8. gl

J

Just realized it's not an exceptional, just a normal +8.

And also changed it's only for Ardream and Ronark Land Base.

enigma69

edit: ignore me i havnt played 60+ warrior enough to be accurate... all i can say is that the biggest problem would be the priests with rare SD shields, and they usually sux anyways.

in dcz avedon would b better imo, but after masters that AP skyrockets, id stick with the rappy.

raptor is best ap based wep ofc,but avedon is better for leg cuts/scream/more accurate
    and yes it helps to have some bonuses too, apart from looking cool 8)

but personally ,
    get hb 7 :P , cheaper and better woot
    get some unique along side,

in cwest both of the 2 are outrageously priced

EDIT : lets not forget cancels, avedon being faster than rappy will have more cancel as well
    in pk zones its not always about getting more dmg done sometimes

SoullessOne

ardream avedon with chitins
    rappy for the rest[/b]
    +1 to this guy anser

J

Ugh, I'm an idiot. It is exceptional, it just doesn't say it.

Fasza15

I'd easily go for the exceptional Raptor +8, as someone mentioned earlier 200 hp and mana isn't even close to make up for the huge AP loss compared to an avedon +7.
    And I get pissed every time some smartass says that you hit faster with axes than spears. Only the R damage is faster with an axe combo, the actual skill still have the same cooldown so if you know how to combo with a Raptor you will be exactly as fast as with an Avedon.

If both characters are using the same armor such as Chitin+8 then it may be best for the Avedon so you don't have to buy any extra Armor for Dcz.

If they use different armor, then its completely up to you.

FisherySociety

raptor is best ap based wep ofc,but avedon is better for leg cuts/scream/more accurate
    [no it does not only weapons with dexterity bonus legcut/scream more and accuracy doesnt change due to a weapon] lol
    and yes it helps to have some bonuses too, apart from looking cool 8)
    [agreed but only in andream, in rlb I would have to disagree to an extent]
    but personally ,
    get hb 7 :P , cheaper and better woot [no]
    get some unique along side,
    [avedon costs about the same if not more]

in cwest both of the 2 are outrageously priced

EDIT : lets not forget cancels, avedon being faster than rappy will have more cancel as well
    in pk zones its not always about getting more dmg done sometimes[/b]
    In pk zones such as andream or ronark land base its usually always a huge organization of ksing and cluster pking. Attack power matters very much in that seance, I believe in every single way a raptor +8 is better than avedon in both pking areas.

And I do apologize for being picky and kind of an ass, but I found that your post was off in many areas and needed to be clarified.

In pk zones such as andream or ronark land base its usually always a huge organization of ksing and cluster pking. Attack power matters very much in that seance, I believe in every single way a raptor +8 is better than avedon in both pking areas.[/b]
    why not let warriors to the tanking and the rogue do the ganking/ksing <_< (spike/thrust > sd for KS )

lets not make warriors with the aim of ksing ^^ they&#39;re meant to do a lot more than that

just my experience, axes have a higher rate of lc and scream , and the faster the wep , the more u get cancels
    reason why i left raptor in the first place was it was way too slow ,for heal cancels and the dmg isnt really that higher

EDIT : HB 7 (12-13gb) Avedon 7 (16-17gb) (flooded now cause of many medals,will only go up)
    raptor 8 (non-execptional) (near 23-24gb) last i asked maybe som1 else could correct the prices if u know

Sustain

You fucking noobs, AP > 200 hp.

Like metalkon said .. If rlb character got chitins +8 don buy raptor ... if you use shells in rlb then buy raptor.
    btw never buy avedon over than +8 ... +7 is shity :S
    raptor +7 will do more dammage than avedon +7..;d

Raptor+8>hb+7>avedon+7

if u can try to get hb +8 and all be great

Ugh, I&#39;m an idiot. It is exceptional, it just doesn&#39;t say it.[/b]
    lol agreed : )

ontopic: the raptor would pwn harder. as someone pointed out, pking u gotta deal wit lotta ksers. more ap means u can finish them faster
    the ap difference is NOTICEABLY bigger, atleast thats my point of view.

Avedon+7 is not a shitty weapon, it is great and is the only warrior weapon with % to do critical damage if you know what is that, there are too few axes defense and alot of skellys belt that are useless in front of the avedon, the ap diff is not THAT much only like 185, but the ele damage makes up a little, also the R hits are more accurate so you will hit kinda the same if you know how to combo... i have tested the raptor+8 and avedon+7 on many targets like priest 80 with cs and warrior 80 with iron set and the diff of damage is 80-50, no alot. The range of the raptor is great but it is a spear, that means alot of spear defenses, so the choice is by preference, you cant say that avedon or raptor are shitty cuz they are great

Im an hp ac whore, so ive always liked the hp and mana on gig and avedon. However im finding that i use my ms + 8 rb because of the higher ap. This is ardream im talking here. Now using this is great because of the nice ap and its a sword, however one thing that knowone has mentioned yet, is weapon range. I have an avedon, hb, ms and some nub dual wields. The biggest thing thats frustrating the bleep out of me, is not having any range. I have to be litterally on top of someone raping them. Thats why im going to try and get a raptor. If you&#39;ve played any sort of pk long enough, as a warrior the most frustrating thing is seeing that damn rogue get away with like 10hp cause you cant get a leg cut off or 1 last hit. I guess if you solo or dont pk in good parties raptor probably isnt the best choice, but with a decent party, priests and duffs i&#39;d be going raptor. So the ap + range of raptor is better then a little hp mana imo. goodluck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12