Avedon+7 vs. Giga+7

This is a discussion on Avedon+7 vs. Giga+7 within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Has anyone compared them? Is there a noticable difference in damage between the two? I figured since Giga has more ...
Page: 1

Default Avedon+7 vs. Giga+7

Has anyone compared them?
    Is there a noticable difference in damage between the two?
    I figured since Giga has more elemental it should do some extra damage against targets with more def and along with the resists, extra hp and dex is it not better then avedon in some ways? :P

mellowman

the damage for the giga is just so low a reverse raptor would be better in my opion and an avedon is a tonnnnnn better, 80 hp and mp isnt anything..... the ressistances are kinda nice but not nice anough.

HamDude Senior Member thenerd1o2's Avatar

mind tllin us what is your gear ? like uniques and armor ?

Megatr0n

Avedon does very little less damage than a raptor of equal +, the giga just has really low AP. If you have some really good uniques, and you aren't too worried about your AP, then I'd say go giga, but otherwise, the AP difference wouldn't make it worth it I don't think.

Avedon is like raptor with bonuses from giga so avedon is better for sure.

well i've had the pleasure to own them all. the 2h giga at +7 did as much damage as my personal sword at +6, which is really pathetic if you think about it. when my personal sword got to +7 it did almost identical damage to the 2h giga+8, and +7 avedon has same ap as personal sword 7, but the 7 str on the personal sword actually gives you 3 ap more. so personal sword 7 gives you same ap as a 175ap weapon, that means it's equal to an avedon +2 reb, which is 175 ap. although overall the +2 reb avedon i had did slightly more damage on average due to having a bite more elemental. not enough extra damage for me to keep it. plus the personal sword 7 just rocks. the only time the 2h giga would do more damage than avedon is if your going against someone with a CS or insane defense, and in that case your doing so little damage, that it really makes no difference. plus as soon as someone is duffed the higher ap on the avedon kicks in. so hands down avedon. athough my baal+7 does the same damage as an avedon 8, except my baal has way more elemental and 2.0 range, not to mention the bonus effect.

get.that.money

Avedon is better than giga in my opinion...avedon ftw