best build for support mage?

This is a discussion on best build for support mage? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; just wondering what is the armor to go with paper+9 with gab+7 or just go lien or complete? all other ...
Page: 1

Default best build for support mage?

just wondering what is the armor to go with paper+9 with gab+7 or just go lien or complete? all other unqiues will prolly be all +0's just for basic fun and tanking, also what 1 hand'd hammer should i go for skull hamer + shio's do anything? or what, oh and will be ice build if that matters

damn nnothing?

Banned

Shio will just add some dmg.
    Dual SSE+0 if you looking ac/hp other case ce+1/+2
    EP+0/IN+0
    Skele+0/GB+0
    Dual ROL for sure if you wanna go tank build

For hammer hmm lobo?

depends on what u can afford , if you're able to get a cs would be good if not get a Scorpion Shield , if u want to use a hammer with the shield then your shield should be +7/+8 ur hammer too , about uniques , we + sse or ce + sse (u need some resistainces), a WP +1 or +0 ( IN is a way too expensive) , dual rol +0 (if its possible if not rol and rom(rom is way too cheaper than rol) or dual rom should be okay , the best staff for support atm is Lighting Erenion , Chaotic Staff(complete Support) . Glacier Erenion , Lobo Staff(Paper Support) . get what u can afford .

About stats
    depends of ur lvl , if u want gear complete with lvl 70 - will be useless , since ur hp will be low , if u gonna be support on 80-83 , ac for sure so that means complete's.

about ICE-Lighting to being support.

if you're playing on a server where ppl dont have much resistaince u should go to ice , if not u should go to lighting + ice (anyway u will get blizzard wich is enough)

how to play support (i assume u know how to play it so... nvm ;p)

Regards.

Banned

Add something more:
    About tank go paper if aiming hp, shell if for ac. 70+ for shell they hit quite hard in cz.

im playing in a private server that was lvl 70 cap, normal items i'll post the stats

Lobo hammer +6 / Ss 6
    http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4935/lobo6.jpg

Lycaon Hammer +6 / ss +6

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5476/lycaon6.jpg

theres no uniques so think about rols(more hp and ac also resist) and ib 50 def more i think maybe get 1 SSE and another earring like CE or maybe hp whore and a 16health earring

the helmet im wearing is a dd crystal btw and thats not my real nickname my friend gift me his mage

well i was thinking full paper+9 but use a paper+7dd helmet, then a gab+7 for shield, in+0 and glass belt+0 or a old skel belt, dual leg+0's for more restiance's and dunno about earring's yet, and also was just goin to stat to use the armor and then 91 in str and rest in hp could this be a good enough build?

Bonzo

krowaz+5 set I think is better than paper

paper +9 is good, but imho NOT FOR SUPPORT MAGE ... buy shells +8 or krowaz set or somethnik this. You will have moooore def and hp with +8 shells isnt bad too. And as suport mage you will use nova and run nova and run or tp tp tp tp... Imho paper set for suport isnt good, but bad.

TNM

Quote Originally Posted by Ademar View Post
    paper +9 is good, but imho NOT FOR SUPPORT MAGE ... buy shells +8 or krowaz set or somethnik this. You will have moooore def and hp with +8 shells isnt bad too. And as suport mage you will use nova and run nova and run or tp tp tp tp... Imho paper set for suport isnt good, but bad.
    Compared to complete+8 full hp paper+9 wasnt that much of a def difference. It was like 1,5k+ hp more versus 100 - 250 def cant remember it right. So yeah paper could be better than complete. Before i wanted to go from complete to paper but couldnt afford the defenses and a +9set. About paper vs Krowaz i dunno. I have krowaz myself, but that was personal preference (deflover ).

BennyBoy

ugh as a support mage i would go for krowaz +7 sets with a gab adament +7 and holy animor +7/+8 ^^ those items gives some really nice def ability, ac and bonus + you will look as a priest more then a mage so you can be safe for a lil bit more time before they notice that u are a mage