Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Best INT Tank Build?

This is a discussion on Best INT Tank Build? within the Class Questions and Tips forums, part of the Game Questions & Tips category; Originally Posted by thenerd1o2 then id rather rent it ^^ that's exactly what I mean Originally Posted by Duality +1 ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by thenerd1o2 View Post
    then id rather rent it ^^
    that's exactly what I mean
    Quote Originally Posted by Duality View Post
    +1

chitin is the best to tank and to bp
    means, that you've never played a paper...

UrMomWasProLastNight

Quote Originally Posted by cizia View Post
    that's exactly what I mean

means, that you've never played a paper...

well, i must admit the hp in that build is sick, ac is enough. however. the magic resistances are really low. with a glacier resistance of 24, u will get slowed everytime. and as a priest being slowed is not the nices thing that can happen. especially in run-away situations. so i am not a big fan of that build.

i still think chitin is the best support priest build. nice ac, nice hp and nice resistances.

if you want fight the slow, you can do one of these:
    * get different talias (ice in this matter) and change them as you need
    * use some goblin parts if needed
    * pump a bit more int, combine with g2 armors and use lycaon hammer (that's a bit sucky way)
    * use a GOD DAMN CURE, that you have for some reason >.< if it's 'runaway' action then the enemy won't stop all the time and slow you, he'll just simply run away... and you, as a support priest, don't need to be that close to him
    if you can't use cure or people are going out of your sight, then you gotta think if it's the right game for you/your friends ...

UrMomWasProLastNight

if you want fight the slow, you can do one of these:
    * get different talias (ice in this matter) and change them as you need
    * use some goblin parts if needed
    * pump a bit more int, combine with g2 armors and use lycaon hammer (that's a bit sucky way)
    * use a GOD DAMN CURE, that you have for some reason >.< if it's 'runaway' action then the enemy won't stop all the time and slow you, he'll just simply run away... and you, as a support priest, don't need to be that close to him
    if you can't use cure or people are going out of your sight, then you gotta think if it's the right game for you/your friends ...
    lol, thats not the runaway situation i was talking about. i mean when people come after YOU. when 20 enemys are like 5 meters away from you, you get slowed. and if u use cure (2-3 seconds cast time) the orcs will get near u in the meantime and u will get gangbanged.

ofcourse changing talias/goblin armors will be a good solution in this build.
    that would solve the problem.
    maybe getting a rom+2 instead of a rol will be of some use too. and a rom+2 is only like 4-5gb more then a rol. (in ares atleast)

Quote Originally Posted by UrMomWasProLastNight View Post
    lol, thats not the runaway situation i was talking about. i mean when people come after YOU. when 20 enemys are like 5 meters away from you, you get slowed. and if u use cure (2-3 seconds cast time) the orcs will get near u in the meantime and u will get gangbanged.

ofcourse changing talias/goblin armors will be a good solution in this build.
    that would solve the problem.
    maybe getting a rom+2 instead of a rol will be of some use too. and a rom+2 is only like 4-5gb more then a rol. (in ares atleast)
    lmao for the rom price xD if it's similar, then I'd definitelly do it lol

anyway, all you can do is use /town - it's there for a reason... a support priest alone won't do much, so it's the only way to get out :P

UrMomWasProLastNight

lmao for the rom price xD if it's similar, then I'd definitelly do it lol

anyway, all you can do is use /town - it's there for a reason... a support priest alone won't do much, so it's the only way to get out :P
    yes, i actually bought a rom+2 for a rol and 4gb yesterday ^^

and a support priest alone has no reason to go pk......
    The way i pk, is when 30 orcs come running at you, you run away/get tped. and then keep running with healing/curing/duffing in between till your party has beaten all the orcs. its no use to confront them with 4 ppl. but with a running/healing/duffing/tping combo we manage to kill all of them.

before you come with another argument vs the slows again, the mage isnt always fast enough to tp you out before the orcs reach you

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

The way i pk, is when 30 orcs come running at you, you run away/get tped. and then keep running with healing/curing/duffing in between till your party has beaten all the orcs. its no use to confront them with 4 ppl. but with a running/healing/duffing/tping combo we manage to kill all of them.

before you come with another argument vs the slows again, the mage isnt always fast enough to tp you out before the orcs reach you

then thats a problem they way i used to play and if we were being chased by 20+ orcs

the priest would stay behind and keep the orcs busy for those precious seconds that the mage can get far away enough to tp u

with that high ass hp in paper it would take a while for the orcs to get u down specially if ur good healer.
    Last edited by gimmecookiesnao; 09-17-2009 at 05:35 PM.

if you're not alone, then you gotta face them lol...

Quote Originally Posted by gimmecookiesnao View Post
    then thats a problem they way i used to play and if we were being chased by 20+ orcs

the priest would stay behind and keep the orcs busy for those precious seconds that the mage can get far away enough to tp u

with that high ass hp in paper it would take a while for the orcs to get u down specially if ur good healer.
    exactly ^^ if you get a 10k heal then you're almost immortal in dcz

jeweetzelluf

3 bad things about that build:
    parasite / reverse life
    low special defenses
    low mana
    Last edited by jeweetzelluf; 09-18-2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: aaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by jeweetzelluf View Post
    low special defenses
    you mean weapon defs? you don't need more in dcz lol

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

3 bad things about that build:
    parasite / reverse life
    low special defenses
    low mana

3 things that good priest do

cure parasite
    switch talias as needed
    know how to handle their mana

on parasite note... you would still have more hp than a chitin priest im sure

jeweetzelluf

dunno how empty ur server is, but usually u get ganged by more then 1 class with more then 1 type weopon.. mage warrior with club spear axe sins archers... talia wont use..
    u can cure the parasite ofc but then hp gets lower and u got no adventage of the hp build.. together with low weopon defenses it sux.
    and the mp can be handled ofc by a good priest.. but u only makin urself a hard time with watching talias - mp - getting parasite..

it might be good for empty servers but not for good servers

dunno how empty ur server is, but usually u get ganged by more then 1 class with more then 1 type weopon.. mage warrior with club spear axe sins archers... talia wont use..
    u can cure the parasite ofc but then hp gets lower and u got no adventage of the hp build.. together with low weopon defenses it sux.
    and the mp can be handled ofc by a good priest.. but u only makin urself a hard time with watching talias - mp - getting parasite..

it might be good for empty servers but not for good servers
    You can get paper defs as well oO so you're losing only cuz of IN..

also, you can buff yourself back, it's not that hard :]

and in dcz, it's mostly - warriors = spear/club sometimes, bp = club, sin = dagger (obviously :P) so you don't have much to think of... If you can't use your weapon def armors/talias properly, then you shouldn't bother with such a build...

TheSonOfSam

chitin+8 set ftw

I make u go TUUT TUT Senior Member kaspJuul's Avatar

damn, nice budget

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast